Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:29 AM

Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa (32860 Views)

Nigerien Protesters Tried To Attack Our Embassy – Nigerian Ambassador / Why We Closed Our Borders - President Buhari / Buhari: Why We Closed Nigeria’s Border With Benin Republic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Lilimax(f): 9:13am On Sep 06, 2019
To each their own
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Obaino12: 9:14am On Sep 06, 2019
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by ddeola: 9:26am On Sep 06, 2019
Shame on the leaders of Nigeria and South Africa. both govts have no respect for their citizens. undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Nobody: 9:30am On Sep 06, 2019
obimiheka:
Abeg Na woman kill Mugabe? With all those quote relating to women?
Somebody reach 95 u dey ask that kind question? He has been suffering from cancer anyway and he done old reach
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by ctleurocollege: 9:33am On Sep 06, 2019
What have we gained?
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Leonbonapart(m): 9:33am On Sep 06, 2019
manomam:
A lot of Black South Africans (especially those at the bottom of the pyramid), have always had issues with the rapidly expanding and often highly resourceful African community in their country.
These set of South African citizens, unfortunately, see fellow Africans as low hanging fruits that they can throw sticks at, kill, rape, steal from and bully, without serious repercussions from their government or security apparatus.
Personally, I have had black South Africans ask me if I am Ibo or Yoruba while I was in South Africa. I asked why and they said if I was Ibo they would have been wary of me! I personally thought that was a load of crap, profiling a whole tribe based on the sins of a few.
I have had a South African lady tell me to my face that Nigeria is a Banana Republic! I remember the venom in her voice and the disdain in her eyes.
I have had a black South African hotel manager yell at me to allow him finish what he was saying and not interrupt him because he profiled me as an arrogant and aggressive Nigerian.
Fact is, there is a lot of anger in that land, maybe due to the years of suppression they suffered during the long period of apartheid, or maybe be other underlying issues. This has made a lot of them disillusioned and unsure of self.
The swag and never-say-die spirit of the Nigerian is also a major point of irritation for a lot of South Africans, because we just seem to swoop in, take over the whole place and start living their dreams right in front of them!
However, let's not forget that we also tend to piss people off with our loud, showy, noisy and in-your-face lifestyles and quite a number of our people are involved in a lot of unsavory things.
Let's also remember that we treat ourselves like crap in our own country, we kill, kidnap and decimate ourselves and sadly, our government seems to have abandoned us to our fate and we constantly and viciously demarket ourselves and our country in cyberspace, forgetting that others are watching and learning.
I believe we need to reassess our individual relationships as Nigerians, before we reassess our relationship with South Africa and its people. There's a lot for us to do to get from where we are to where we are supposed to be.
This time however, our government should stop speaking grammar and make a strong statement in this regard, because really, enough is enough.
God bless.
trash
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by eodavids(m): 9:34am On Sep 06, 2019
manomam:
A lot of Black South Africans (especially those at the bottom of the pyramid), have always had issues with the rapidly expanding and often highly resourceful African community in their country.
These set of South African citizens, unfortunately, see fellow Africans as low hanging fruits that they can throw sticks at, kill, rape, steal from and bully, without serious repercussions from their government or security apparatus.
Personally, I have had black South Africans ask me if I am Ibo or Yoruba while I was in South Africa. I asked why and they said if I was Ibo they would have been wary of me! I personally thought that was a load of crap, profiling a whole tribe based on the sins of a few.
I have had a South African lady tell me to my face that Nigeria is a Banana Republic! I remember the venom in her voice and the disdain in her eyes.
I have had a black South African hotel manager yell at me to allow him finish what he was saying and not interrupt him because he profiled me as an arrogant and aggressive Nigerian.
Fact is, there is a lot of anger in that land, maybe due to the years of suppression they suffered during the long period of apartheid, or maybe be other underlying issues. This has made a lot of them disillusioned and unsure of self.
The swag and never-say-die spirit of the Nigerian is also a major point of irritation for a lot of South Africans, because we just seem to swoop in, take over the whole place and start living their dreams right in front of them!
However, let's not forget that we also tend to piss people off with our loud, showy, noisy and in-your-face lifestyles and quite a number of our people are involved in a lot of unsavory things.
Let's also remember that we treat ourselves like crap in our own country, we kill, kidnap and decimate ourselves and sadly, our government seems to have abandoned us to our fate and we constantly and viciously demarket ourselves and our country in cyberspace, forgetting that others are watching and learning.
I believe we need to reassess our individual relationships as Nigerians, before we reassess our relationship with South Africa and its people. There's a lot for us to do to get from where we are to where we are supposed to be.
This time however, our government should stop speaking grammar and make a strong statement in this regard, because really, enough is enough.
God bless.

Well said Boss!

But, I am baffled that the South Africans could not withstand a common threat by angry Nigerians whereas, their people back home have consistently attacked our people while their government do just little above none. I have not been informed that Nigerian High Commission in S.A. closed office.

How is it that people don't like what they give to others?
What happened to the golden rule

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Nobody: 9:36am On Sep 06, 2019
"She, further, confirmed directive to the mission that links be encouraged between the youth of South Africa and Nigeria and that the Nigerian students’ association visit South Africa

So this farm tool wants Nigerian students to visit and interact with those smelly mouth, gum rat looking, illiterate South African youths.... to what end? And give them another reason to be angry and pour their frustrated energies out as usual.. It won't work undecided

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 06, 2019
The reason why South Africans are killing Nigerians is that they are collecting the jobs over there at low salary, like a job of 80k a Nigerian guy can do it for 50k which those guys don't like and any firm wants to make more money.

Just like what's happened in ShopRite, when they first came O-level do receive 80k seriously...but Nigerians shareholders opened their eyes that you can pay this people far less and they will still work and they did it, it work they were more people willing to work. So this kind of things destroys economy and render labour worthless.

Most private sector takes this advantages on their workes too by under paying graduates because they know they don't have option due to to a high rate of unemployment . That is what the South Africans don't want. What we should do is to stand up against our government those who have destroyed our country that let us to move out of our land in search of greener pasture , if our economy is to be ok and there are good governance nobody will like to move out. I rest my case. Thanks!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by steryj(m): 9:57am On Sep 06, 2019
Tintinnoty:
In Zlant's voice.... "Violence is never a solution but rather chaos"
and " chaos is a ladder"
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 06, 2019
XENOPHOBIC ATTACKS IN SOUTH AFRICA

Chisco lost 18 mass transit buses in Lagos, Nigeria. Just because his office had the Goodluck Jonathan campaign poster.

People, Nigerians justified it. Chisco is a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria. A Zulu can never do that to a Xhosa. They address themselves as brothers and sisters. You hear echoes of "Myf brother, my sister".

Same people are now hating on South Africans for burning a Nigerian owned car company. You think they do not know all these? They are laughing at your confusion.

When the rant is over and it will soon be, you wake up and fix your country.

Is it not amazing that you do not find South Africans in Nigeria but Nigerian community in University of Pretoria alone can be one country. I don't want to mention other universities. Most of them are even on STATE sponsored scholarships running their phd's. What I mean is that, the South African government are taking care of their education.

Nigerian lecturers are teaching in South African universities, earning what their counterparts in Nigeria are not earning without any need to impose handouts on anyone.

You are listing Mtn, Dstv and watever, watever. Burn them down and chase Nigerians away from the few employment your government cannot create.

The sad thing is while their government are paying all of them unemployment benefits, paying all their children and providing free health care for them, if you find yourself out of employment, Nigerian government does not help you in anyway. So be careful how you advocate for burning down businesses in Nigeria.

The only place you will find South Africans in Nigeria is at Tb Joshua's synagogue but those are mostly on temporary movement.

Mandela was sick and didn't have to step out of the country for one day because there is no need for that. Can your president trust the clinic in Aso rock to treat his ear problem?

You keep writing that their country was built by whites, were you not governed by whites, why didn't they build yours? Is South Africa the only African country that was colonised?

As for those of you asking Nigerians to come back, you amuse me.

Come back to what? You should channel that energy into telling Nigerians in the North to go back to their regions.

Cure the hate in your country first so that people will take you serious.

You cannot tell them you are different then turn around and scream when you get the treatment being dished out to those who hate themselves.

Some are saying cancel diplomatic ties. What does that even mean? They will drive all your students away from their universities. It is obvious Nigeria as a country does not know her mates in the world. Even Nigerian students and lecturers here will join them and riot against Nigeria.

As for those of you going to destroy Shoprite, if anyone shoots you, remember your parents will shoulder that responsibility because Nigeria has no free health care. Anyone injured in south Africa gets treated in their government hospitals. Keep that in mind while you are doing your "revenge"
manomam:
God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by colestephan86: 10:21am On Sep 06, 2019
GistGoViral:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/350870-xenophobia-why-we-closed-our-embassy-in-nigeria-south-africa.html/amp/
I saw the video of guys vandaliz a black jeep in lekki , and I noticed those guys couldn't kill the whites inside.
Reason
NIGERIANS ARE NOT KILLERS
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by tommy589(m): 10:29am On Sep 06, 2019
manomam:
God bless.

Thank you!
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Octobertwentysix(f): 10:29am On Sep 06, 2019
Immabong:
God bless you real good, this is what I keep saying, you chase them out your people loose their jobs, our leaders are our problems, imagine FFK who should know better instigating boycott and reprisals when he has nothing to loose, how many jobs has he created.

Chisco lost 18 mass transit buses in Lagos, Nigeria. Just because his office had the Goodluck Jonathan campaign poster.

People, Nigerians justified it. Chisco is a Nigerian doing business in Nigeria. A Zulu can never do that to a Xhosa. They address themselves as brothers and sisters. You hear echoes of "Myf brother, my sister".

Same people are now hating on South Africans for burning a Nigerian owned car company. You think they do not know all these? They are laughing at your confusion.

Is it not amazing that you do not find South Africans in Nigeria but Nigerian community in University of Pretoria alone can be one country. I don't want to mention other universities. Most of them are even on STATE sponsored scholarships running their phd's. What I mean is that, the South African government are taking care of their education.

Nigerian lecturers are teaching in South African universities, earning what their counterparts in Nigeria are not earning without any need to impose handouts on anyone.

You are listing Mtn, Dstv and watever, watever. Burn them down and chase Nigerians away from the few employment your government cannot create.

The sad thing is while their government are paying all of them unemployment benefits, paying all their children and providing free health care for them, if you find yourself out of employment, Nigerian government does not help you in anyway. So be careful how you advocate for burning down businesses in Nigeria.

The only place you will find South Africans in Nigeria is at Tb Joshua's synagogue but those are mostly on temporary movement.

Mandela was sick and didn't have to step out of the country for one day because there is no need for that. Can your president trust the clinic in Aso rock to treat his ear problem?

You keep writing that their country was built by whites, were you not governed by whites, why didn't they build yours? Is South Africa the only African country that was colonised?

Come back to what? You should channel that energy into telling Nigerians in the North to go back to their regions.

You cannot tell them you are different then turn around and scream when you get the treatment being dished out to those who hate themselves.

Some are saying cancel diplomatic ties. What does that even mean? They will drive all your students away from their universities. It is obvious Nigeria as a country does not know her mates in the world. Even Nigerian students and lecturers here will join them and riot against Nigeria.

As for those of you going to destroy Shoprite, if anyone shoots you, remember your parents will shoulder that responsibility because Nigeria has no free health care. Anyone injured in south Africa gets treated in their government hospitals. Keep that in mind while you are doing your "revenge"
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by etrange: 10:32am On Sep 06, 2019
obimiheka:
Abeg Na woman kill Mugabe? With all those quote relating to women?

The world is all about women regardless of the situation.
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by danielck22(m): 10:32am On Sep 06, 2019
Immabong:

No be lies my brother, Nigeria is a failed state. Some of our Nigerians prefer to go out and die rather than spend their next 24 hrs here.
I just miss Sani Abacha

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Jones4190(m): 10:36am On Sep 06, 2019
Some people don't even know what is happening and they are busy destroying shoprite, I asked one tout.... Oga what is happening.. The guy said they killed Xenophobia an igbo guy in South Africa am still looking for where to faint..
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by renewable1(m): 10:37am On Sep 06, 2019
Hmmmm! God help us all

Are you tired of buying fuel for your generator sets, do you have 135k to get a unique solar power system for your basic electricity?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Nobody: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2019
Nice move

Page Financials is a financial Institution that
gives quick fund ranging from 200k to 20m to Salary earners and business owners, who reside in lagos and ibadan.
No guarantor
No collateral
No management and processing fee
No liquidation fee
We buy off loans from other Financial institution.

If you are interested let me know...
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by MPSA(m): 12:04pm On Sep 06, 2019
manomam:
God bless.
Why you all beat your Chests in South Africa not in your Countries, No South Africa can go to your Countries and beat his/her Chest to your locals, I don't understand your point at all, Why you push your point in South Africa like this, I truly fail to understand you Guys grin Xenophobic is Bad, But you must also Change your attitude when you're in other countries

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by tomdon(m): 1:55pm On Sep 06, 2019
So we're providing them extra security here while they kill our people there. Buhari is a cow
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Kimorarh(f): 4:39pm On Sep 06, 2019
May God continue to help us in this country
Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by JaceBlaze: 2:05am On Sep 07, 2019
manomam:
God bless.
The bolded is exactly why the world hate Nigerians,nothing more,nothing less.The beginning of your post is just words of a self-conceited man who's reluctant to embrace the reality.Nigerians who came here with a purpose of bettering their lives through legal means will never experience xenophobic attacks.Why are Nigerians getting lynched in countries like India,Malaysia,China etc?

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Why We Closed Our Embassy In Nigeria – South Africa by Creditalerts: 8:45am On Feb 27, 2022
angry

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Speaks On Uzodinma’s Victory At The Supreme Court / Al Jazeera Poll: Too Close To Call Between Buhari And Jonathan (pic) / Wike Remains Boastful As Cracks Emerge In His Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.