Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,304 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:34 AM

Tips To Prep Your Natural Hair Before Going To A Nigerian Salon For Your Next Pr - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Tips To Prep Your Natural Hair Before Going To A Nigerian Salon For Your Next Pr (340 Views)

How To Prep Your Face For Makeup + Achieving A Flawless And Long Lasting Makeup / Ghanaian Man Snoring While Barbing His Hair In A Salon (Video) / Tips On How To Grow Your Natural Hair Using Cooking Ingredients (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tips To Prep Your Natural Hair Before Going To A Nigerian Salon For Your Next Pr by Prettymundne(f): 4:21pm On Sep 06, 2019
So today's post was inspired by a recent salon visit I had, I honestly hate going to salons in Nigeria and this is because most of them focus more on the hair styles and not your hair itself.

The whole reason I finally decided I was going natural was because I had spent almost a year trying to grow and keep my relaxed hair healthy, it had grown really long and for some reason I was just too tired to relax my hair myself and even though I was scared I still went.

My hair was so damaged that I decided I won't relax it again or at least will never go to a salon to do it.

READ THE REST HERE https://www.prettymundne.com/2019/09/tips-to-prep-your-natural-hair-before.html

I hardly do long term protective styles honestly, I mostly really enjoy rocking my natural hair styles but once in a while, especially when I know I may not have the time to properly look after my hair, I do opt for long term protective styles or just wear wigs. I personally am not a huge fan of wigs, I just don't like the idea of someone seeing a hottie in the morning and seeing someone else later on and be shocked, so I rather be the same person all day. That being said wigs are honestly the best way to go when you want to give your hair some rest.

If you are like me however and you like braids and sew in hair extensions, please there are certain steps to take before you go to the salon for that next braid appointment or sew in appointment in Nigeria.

PICK WELL: First rule is go to a stylist that listens to you and you feel is easy to talk to.

PLAN AHEAD: keep in mind that the preparation for your salon visit will require some time to make sure everything is in place. I like to plan a week ahead so I am not overwhelmed, so you do not use one day and destroy six months of haircare.

DIY: Do your regular WASH DAY routine at home, It is honestly never advisable to take your natural hair for washing at most salons, except you are going to salons that specialize in natural hair. Most salons in Nigeria don't have that patience or time to properly treat your hair well to minimize breakage. So make sure you shampoo your hair well firstly, In fact when I know I am going to be braiding or doing a sew in, I pre-poo (even if with a hair oil), shampoo, condition (just to enable me detangle) and then deep condition, basically the whole shebang.

(1) (Reply)

Gentleman Extraordinare Wristwatches / Blazer Needed / Get Your 100% Undiluted Perfume Oils Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.