Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 (4548 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 Vs Nokia X5 (5.1 Plus) Speed Test & RAM Comparison (photos) / Nokia 3.1 Plus Vs Huawei Y7 Prime 2019 Speed Test Comparison (photos) / Samsung Galaxy A7 2018 Vs Huawei Y9 2019 Speed Test & RAM Management (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by DSHADOWWALKER: 11:09pm On Sep 07, 2019
Please i am stuck in deciding which one i should go for,though i have been advised to go for the xiaomi note 7(4gb/64gb).Please which is the best phone all round
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Tonyreal49(m): 11:57pm On Sep 07, 2019
Samsung A30

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by FromZeroToHero(m): 2:20am On Sep 08, 2019
1000% Samsung Galaxy A30

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by yungsmart(m): 7:07am On Sep 08, 2019
Guy if you like yourself go for Redmi note 7 don't mind all this one following brand name.
*It has better processor than the two equating better performance
*With Gcam on note 7 you take better photos than the two which is supported on them
* Battery they are kinda on par 4000mah but it depends on individual usage
*note 7 has IR blaster to control appliance's e.g TV soundbar e.t.c which the two lack
*support: currently now there is no phone that has more support in their midrange series than note 7 , like if you need help you can always find from XDA developers and Here in nairaland
You can also unlock your bootloader and tweak your phone as you want and also flash custom ROM .

There is reason why xiaomi is no. 1 in this phone thread. Don't fall all those amoled stuff because that thing has grade. LOL WHY DON'T YOU WAIT FOR REDMI NOTE 8 IT WILL LAUNCHED IN NIGERIA SOON IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS

15 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by TYglobal: 9:59am On Sep 08, 2019
yungsmart:
Guy if you like yourself go for Redmi note 7 don't mind all this one following brand name.
*It has better processor than the two equating better performance
*With Gcam on note 7 you take better photos than the two which is supported on them
* Battery they are kinda on par 4000mah but it depends on individual usage
*note 7 has IR blaster to control appliance's e.g TV soundbar e.t.c which the two lack
*support: currently now there is no phone that has more support in their midrange series than note 7 , like if you need help you can always find from XDA developers and Here in nairaland
You can also unlock your bootloader and tweak your phone as you want and also flash custom ROM .

There is reason why xiaomi is no. 1 in this phone thread. Don't fall all those amoled stuff because that thing has grade. LOL WHY DON'T YOU WAIT FOR REDMI NOTE 8 IT WILL LAUNCHED IN NIGERIA SOON IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 08, 2019
I will classify the phones according to their peculiarities

Samsung Galaxy A30
Super Amoled display : You get the best of displays for your Videos , Games and what have you
Super Battery: Battery that last for two days straight. It gets better with updates
Best One UI: One of the best UI, you dont need any 3rd party app to customize your phone. Everything you need is available on Galaxy Themes and Store.
Ease of Use: Very Easy to Use for beginners and Experts.
Camera: Excellent Rear Camera as known with Samsung phones. Although front Camera is not as good
Body Build: Plastic, a major con although very sleek and good looking. But very prone to scratches a good case will fix that
Support: On every home app on your Samsung you have the support function. It leads you directly to Samsung help which you can email them. But you wont face any issue on this phone
Warranty: Samsung comes with a 2 year warranty
Availability of Spare parts: Screen is very expensive but readily available

Redmi Note 7
LCD screen
Good battery Although claims of battery Decline after less than a month of usage
MIUI is good but claims of still having to download other apps to improve the phones look. And the issue with different kinds of ROM
Very Hard to Navigate through.
Camera: like all stock camera of most midrange device is wacky. But after downloading Gcam(a third party app owned by pixel) it improves camera performance.
Body Build A glass back i think and very nice and premium looking although from an unknown brand
Support: On Nairaland you can get the required recommendations from fellow users. But if you are facing issues with your phone. It is not advisable to complain on their thread.
Warranty: No Warranty at all
Availability of Spare parts: Parts are slightly cheap. But is not Available and their office in Nigeria will charge more than the cost price to fix a damaged phone. So Parts have to be shipped from China. And given to an unaccredited Repairer to repair the phone

4 Likes

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by DSHADOWWALKER: 12:15pm On Sep 08, 2019
DSHADOWWALKER:
Please i am stuck in deciding which one i should go for,though i have been advised to go for the xiaomi note 7(4gb/64gb).Please which is the best phone all round

Thanks for the comments,but why is no one talking about the huawei Y9??
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
DSHADOWWALKER:

Thanks for the comments,but why is no one talking about the huawei Y9??

You can check the Huawei thread or Gsmarena.

I know Y9prime which looks absolutely gorgeous and with the popup camera for that cheap price is totally ridiculous
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 4:06pm On Sep 08, 2019
Don't believe lies, browse the Internet and watch YouTube comparisons. The only thing the A30 has over both devices is a better Amoled display, doesn't mean the others are not good, they are very good but not as good as that of the A30. That's the end of the comparison. As for performance, it's between the Y9 Pro and the Redmi note 7. For camera even the stock camera of the note 7 trumps that of the A30, if you install Gcam on the note 7, you'll be competing with older Samsung flagships not their mediocre mid range cameras grin. For sound quality the note 7 is better, support, it's better, will get more updates too. Software, on the contrary, Miui has more features than Oneui, also more themes, more customisations. You can change the look of your device without needing any third party launcher, there's second space feature where you can use your phone like two phones. Even as small as it is, you can send someone timed messages( you can send someone a message next month now, it will deliver when the time reaches) with miui, let me stop here, don't want to go further. Incase you like to tweak, maybe two years from now if you are afraid now, you can get Dolby Atmos not the glorified ones that come with Samsung devices, that's if you are a music freak, you can get custom roms if you want and also get the features of the yet to be announced Pixel 4 camera cheesy. Even the A series of next year won't get these, let me stop here.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by abumeinben(m): 4:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
Ifnyou haven't used a Xiaomi phone before, you should try it.

I use note 7. I used redmi 5 plus previously.

It's really cool.
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by horlahwaley(m): 7:12pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gptech:
Don't believe lies, browse the Internet and watch YouTube comparisons. The only thing the A30 has over both devices is a better Amoled display, doesn't mean the others are not good, they are very good but not as good as that of the A30. That's the end of the comparison. As for performance, it's between the Y9 Pro and the Redmi note 7. For camera even the stock camera of the note 7 trumps that of the A30, if you install Gcam on the note 7, you'll be competing with older Samsung flagships not their mediocre mid range cameras grin. For sound quality the note 7 is better, support, it's better, will get more updates too. Software, on the contrary, Miui has more features than Oneui, also more themes, more customisations. You can change the look of your device without needing any third party launcher, there's second space feature where you can use your phone like two phones. Even as small as it is, you can send someone timed messages( you can send someone a message next month now, it will deliver when the time reaches) with miui, let me stop here, don't want to go further. Incase you like to tweak, maybe two years from now if you are afraid now, you can get Dolby Atmos not the glorified ones that come with Samsung devices, that's if you are a music freak, you can get custom roms if you want and also get the features of the yet to be announced Pixel 4 camera cheesy. Even the A series of next year won't get these, let me stop here.
how do u s3nd time messages on miui? Is it thru miMessage am using redmi note 5 ai
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Seuntek(m): 10:17pm On Sep 08, 2019
If you are someone like me who only cares about DISPLAY and BATTERY in a Phone, go for the A30. It has AMOLED DISPLAY which looks a lot better than the IPS LCD on the 2 others...... If you like PHOTOS, camera and a heavy gamer, go for the RN 7........If u like efizzzy, go for the Y9.... Samsung also have better secondhand value.... Make your choice.
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 10:21pm On Sep 08, 2019
horlahwaley:
how do u s3nd time messages on miui? Is it thru miMessage am using redmi note 5 ai
Its through your default sms app, just follow the screenshot.

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by horlahwaley(m): 10:24pm On Sep 08, 2019
Gptech:

Its through your default sms app, just follow the screenshot.
woow, didnt know it exists. Very useful. Tnx bruh
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 10:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
horlahwaley:
woow, didnt know it exists. Very useful. Tnx bruh
Yeah, very useful, this has saved lots of situations grin

1 Like

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by CirocBoi(m): 6:59am On Sep 09, 2019
Gptech:

Yeah, very useful, this has saved lots of situations grin

Bro if it's rn7 you are using how come you could change your status bar? I think after one software update any theme I apply doesn't change the status bar..... Have tried n tried n tried I gave up grin
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:03am On Sep 09, 2019
Dont worry, he is not using RN7 he is using an older device but same MIUI.... grin if you know, you know.

CirocBoi:

Bro if it's rn7 you are using how come you could change your status bar? I think after one software update any theme I apply doesn't change the status bar..... Have tried n tried n tried I gave up grin
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 7:12am On Sep 09, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:
Dont worry, he is not using RN7 he is using an older device but same MIUI.... grin if you know, you know.

Chai ! Breeze don dey blow grin.
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 7:13am On Sep 09, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:

Reboot your phone if it refuses to change, hope the themes you apply are supposed to change the status bar?
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by CirocBoi(m): 7:50am On Sep 09, 2019
ElvisMcCoy:

I for fear
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by mathefaro(m): 7:51am On Sep 09, 2019
CirocBoi:

you're probably using dark mode, disable dark mode and reapply the theme then restart
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by CirocBoi(m): 8:34am On Sep 09, 2019
mathefaro:
you're probably using dark mode, disable dark mode and reapply the theme then restart

Thank u, let me try it
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by CirocBoi(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2019
mathefaro:

Thank you bros, it worked like a charm ... Belle sweet me nor be small

Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by mathefaro(m): 5:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
CirocBoi:

Thank you bros, it worked like a charm ... Belle sweet me nor be small
You're welcome bro
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Tonyreal49(m): 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
horlahwaley:
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 09, 2019
Please how much is Redmi Note Pro the 6gb variant or should I wait for the release of Redmi Note 8

Gptech
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 8:58pm On Sep 09, 2019
ChemBrodar:
Please how much is Redmi Note Pro the 6gb variant or should I wait for the release of Redmi Note 8

Gptech
Waiting is always a good option, but the Redmi note 7 pro is greater than the regular note 8 especially in terms of performance.
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Baddestguyp(m): 10:46pm On Sep 09, 2019
Seuntek:
If you are someone like me who only cares about DISPLAY and BATTERY in a Phone, go for the A30. It has AMOLED DISPLAY which looks a lot better than the IPS LCD on the 2 others...... If you like PHOTOS, camera and a heavy gamer, go for the RN 7........If u like efizzzy, go for the Y9.... Samsung also have better secondhand value.... Make your choice.
I agree on everything except the last part...Samsung has the worst 2nd hand value among the 3...
The others have way better 2nd hand value than samsung
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by kingxsamz(m): 11:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
Seuntek:

So na only efiizzy y9 get? Smh...
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by kingxsamz(m): 11:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Go for the Y9.
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by hilarioscity(m): 12:06am On Sep 10, 2019
Gptech:

Waiting is always a good option, but the Redmi7 note 7 pro is greater than the regular note 8 especially in terms of performance.
they are the same SD 665 but note 8 has better battery and camera
Re: Xiaomi Note 7 Vs Samsung A30 Vs Huawei Y9 by Gptech(m): 12:38am On Sep 10, 2019
hilarioscity:

they are the same SD 665 but note 8 has better battery and camera
Note 7 is different from note 7 pro. Note 7 pro houses the SD 675 which is a lot better than the SD 665 on the note 8. For camera apart from the extra cameras attached to the note 8, it's very likely the note 7 pro will outperform it with shots from the main camera, let's wait for more detailed reviews.

(1) (2) (Reply)

When Will BBM Feature On TECHNO Phones? / Mtn,glo,etisalat,airtel.which Of This Network Has Low Call Rate / Antivirus For Mobile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.