Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,417 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

We Need Tech Lecturer. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / We Need Tech Lecturer. (245 Views)

Al-hikmah University Lecturer Orders 300 Level Law Students To Kneel Down / Lecturer Caught In A Hotel With His Student In Cross River State (photos/video) / Salihu Dasuki Is Youngest Senior Lecturer At Sheffield Hallam University UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Need Tech Lecturer. by writter: 12:25am On Sep 08, 2019
Just thinking....
What if all the courses we took at our Nigerian government universities had online versions?
Wouldn't most of us prefer to watch and listen to our lectures, again and again, from our mobile phones or PCs?
Why are lecturers still writing books and handouts, as the core means of sharing their knowledge?
Shouldn't they be making online schools?

Picture this: I studied Accounting. So, at 100 level, I had a course, ACC101 may be called, Basics of Accounting.
Let's say the course has 12 topics.
The lecturer has 12 videos (one for each topic) on an online school selling for 300 to 500 naira per topic.
The courses are running on a learning management system, which issues certificates when you complete each topic and take the assessment.
So, you come to class and teach a topic, no need to force people to buy a book of 5k to 10k at once. After the topic is completed, everyone goes online, watches the course again and takes the assessment.

The beauty of it is: you can watch the teachings again and again and again.
Those of us who do not like to read will still pass the exams with outstanding grades.
The flexible payment system allows a lot of people to be able to afford it.

During the holidays, students can even go to the online school and start listening to the courses for the yet-to-resume semester.

If you had the opportunity to hear a lecture 10 times, I bet you would smash the exams in flying colors.

When others are carrying massive textbooks, you just lie down in bed and be watching and listening. You arrive in the exam hall and scatter everything.

I know this is normal for those who schooled abroad, it seems like 'asking for too much' for a Nigerian student.

However, I believe that lecturers can become innovative. You do not have to wait for the school to build the technology.

Go to https://mbsy.co/teachable/51266421 and host your courses there.
Share the URL of your online school with your students and they will go there.

Making and editing videos are simple skills to learn. You can even get a young assistant to make the slides and edit the videos.

Dear lecturer,
1. You will make money
2. You will have a high rate of students passing your course
3. You will become the tech-lecturer
4. You would have led a revolution
5. Of course, we will all love you

Dear student,
Do not come and complain about data, the courses are downloadable.
By the way, you are on social media every day, isn't that data?
Do not complain about money too.
300 to 500 naira every 2 weeks would translate to about 3k to 5k every 2 weeks for 10 courses. Worry not, I'll be here to teach you how to make some money while schooling. You would pay it effortlessly.

Moreover, the world after graduation is super competitive, it wouldn't hurt to pay 5k every 2 weeks and come out with good grades.

https://mbsy.co/teachable/51266421
Re: We Need Tech Lecturer. by writter: 1:20am On Sep 11, 2019
We need tech lecturer

(1) (Reply)

Funke Akindele Speaks: Investing In Real Estate, Amen Estate Phase 2 / Cisa / What Full Meaning Should SARS Be Given After All Their Actions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.