Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Realtities Of An Angry Pastor - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Realtities Of An Angry Pastor (605 Views)

Very Angry Pastor Paul Eneche Takes On Daddy Freeze, Calls Him A Mad Dog (video) / Angry Pastor Beats Up A Guy For Interrupting Him While Preaching (video) / Angry Pastor Threatens To Close Down His Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by TOPCRUISE(m): 1:41am On Sep 08, 2019
This is a very important post because the content below is going to save someone’s job and ministry. For others, it will be a sad reminder of lost opportunity. For another group, the information will be laughed off and ignored to your own peril.

The only difference between anger and danger is the letter “D”. This is especially true for pastors.

The following are the observable realities about Angry Pastors:

Angry Pastors Have Experienced Significant Pain And Disappointment – Hurt people hurt people. Even when they are pastors.

Anger on Pastors Have Control Issues – They get angry when they cannot control others and/or situations. This often reveals itself when they are questioned. Angry pastors frequently confuse questions with questioning.

Angry Pastors Have Short Tenures – Because they lack emotional intelligence and needlessly burn so many bridges, attendance and giving decline. The people have voted with their feet and wallets. The pastor is ultimately removed.

Angry Pastors Lead Smaller And Smaller Congregations – Interestingly, anger limits the size of churches you can be entrusted with. I know of one pastor who pastored a historically strong church averaging 800 in attendance. Upon his self-destruction, the only church he could now get was less than 100 in attendance.

Angry Pastors Offend Leaders – Leaders WANT to help you and just as importantly, CAN help you. But angry pastors poorly steward these relationships. Board meetings are filled with tenseness, lack of forgiveness, unhealthy conflict, walls being built and finally broken relationships.

Angry Pastors Have Short Fuses – Burst of anger are commonplace with staff and leadership. People begin to walk on eggshells and merely keep their heads down.

Angry Pastors Lose Top Staff – Quality staff leave churches with angry pastors. Life is too short and they have other options.
Unresolved anger is a scary thing. One never knows when it’s going to rear its ugly head, who it’s going to victimize, and what price the perpetrator may be forced to pay as a result of the damage he causes.

Any minister harboring unresolved anger in his heart is a ticking time bomb capable of doing a lot of damage to a great many people. What’s worse, it’s all done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The angry pastor will wreck his relationships with the other staff members, with the deacons, with anyone coming to him with a plea for help, and particularly with anyone bringing a criticism to him.

Angry Pastors Like To Fight – The sad reality is angry pastors are more comfortable in unhealthy environments than healthy environments. So even if a culture is healthy, they self-destruct it because they cannot function where there is peace.

Angry Pastors Become Merely Positional Leaders – If a pastor proclaims, “I am the pastor”, he/she is no longer the leader. If a leader has to tell you their the leader, they are not. They are now leading by position rather than influence.

Angry Pastors Do Lasting Harm To Churches – Every church I know formerly led by an angry pastor declined in attendance and rarely returned to its previous level of impact. Also, future leadership teams began making decisions in light of “not wanting to go down that road again.” Ironically, the previous angry pastor is still impacting decisions being made.

Angry Pastors Lack Self-Awareness – They have a perverted sense of being right and everyone else is wrong. Here is a tip to know if you are preaching in an angry manner – watch your sermons with the volume down. What are your mannerisms and facial expressions communicating?

Angry Pastors Need A Counselor – They have personal issues they need to deal with.

Angry Pastors May Need A New Profession – I have heard pastors state their primary calling is to break the legs of the sheep, place the sheep over their shoulders and carry them back to the herd. No compassion. No empathy. No mercy. Well, no problem because you will ultimately have no job.

If you are an angry pastor, here are a five steps you need to take TODAY:

Repent of your sin.
Apologize to all those you have offended. You will need to do this in each of the following;

one-on-one conversations, to staff and leadership teams, and most likely to the congregation during a Sunday sermon.

Seek Professional Assistance – Contact a Christian counselor and work through your issues.

Become A Learner – Get some leadership training, particularly in the areas of emotional intelligence and people skills.

Bring Accountability Into Your Life – Have the leaders in your church partner with you on a solution to this issue.
Re: Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by blackpanthar: 2:05am On Sep 08, 2019
very wonderful piece but the end was quite uncalled for.... WHAT DOES CLICKING "LIKE" HAVE TO DO WITH HELPING OUR ANGRY PASTORS....

sending this message and having it shared will have done a better justice to it.

I have been under angry pastors...and all you have said is truth... bitter truth.

However, MEMBERS DO NOT INTERCEDE FOR THEIR PASTORS.... the tragedy of many men of God is surrounding themselves with people who are not TRAINED in the WORD.... if the man of God is missing it.... God will not be able to reveal it to anyone that can pray secretly for him without exposing it to him.

Angry pastors HAVE ONLY ONE ISSUE.... OFFENCE

OFFENCE is the weapon of the last days the devil is using against many to trap them and waste their anointed graces.

If anyone has an offended pastor... PRAY FOR THEM O... INTERCEDE WITH TEARS FOR THEM because in NIGERIA.... we do not have real spiritual FATHERS.... who can call such pastors and heal their hearts.... the ministry of counseling has been killed in nigerian churches.... Singles do not even get counsel before they enter relationships even in the church.... see why we have to INTERCEDE PASSIONATELY.

GOD, PROTECT MY PASTORS FROM OFFENCE.

TOPCRUISE:
This is a very important post because the content below is going to save someone’s job and ministry. For others, it will be a sad reminder of lost opportunity. For another group, the information will be laughed off and ignored to your own peril.

The only difference between anger and danger is the letter “D”. This is especially true for pastors.

The following are the observable realities about Angry Pastors:

Angry Pastors Have Experienced Significant Pain And Disappointment – Hurt people hurt people. Even when they are pastors.

Angry Pastors Have Control Issues – They get angry when they cannot control others and/or situations. This often reveals itself when they are questioned. Angry pastors frequently confuse questions with questioning.

Angry Pastors Have Short Tenures – Because they lack emotional intelligence and needlessly burn so many bridges, attendance and giving decline. The people have voted with their feet and wallets. The pastor is ultimately removed.

Angry Pastors Lead Smaller And Smaller Congregations – Interestingly, anger limits the size of churches you can be entrusted with. I know of one pastor who pastored a historically strong church averaging 800 in attendance. Upon his self-destruction, the only church he could now get was less than 100 in attendance.

Angry Pastors Offend Leaders – Leaders WANT to help you and just as importantly, CAN help you. But angry pastors poorly steward these relationships. Board meetings are filled with tenseness, lack of forgiveness, unhealthy conflict, walls being built and finally broken relationships.

Angry Pastors Have Short Fuses – Burst of anger are commonplace with staff and leadership. People begin to walk on eggshells and merely keep their heads down.

Angry Pastors Lose Top Staff – Quality staff leave churches with angry pastors. Life is too short and they have other options.
Unresolved anger is a scary thing. One never knows when it’s going to rear its ugly head, who it’s going to victimize, and what price the perpetrator may be forced to pay as a result of the damage he causes.

Any minister harboring unresolved anger in his heart is a ticking time bomb capable of doing a lot of damage to a great many people. What’s worse, it’s all done in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ.

The angry pastor will wreck his relationships with the other staff members, with the deacons, with anyone coming to him with a plea for help, and particularly with anyone bringing a criticism to him.

Angry Pastors Like To Fight – The sad reality is angry pastors are more comfortable in unhealthy environments than healthy environments. So even if a culture is healthy, they self-destruct it because they cannot function where there is peace.

Angry Pastors Become Merely Positional Leaders – If a pastor proclaims, “I am the pastor”, he/she is no longer the leader. If a leader has to tell you their the leader, they are not. They are now leading by position rather than influence.

Angry Pastors Do Lasting Harm To Churches – Every church I know formerly led by an angry pastor declined in attendance and rarely returned to its previous level of impact. Also, future leadership teams began making decisions in light of “not wanting to go down that road again.” Ironically, the previous angry pastor is still impacting decisions being made.

Angry Pastors Lack Self-Awareness – They have a perverted sense of being right and everyone else is wrong. Here is a tip to know if you are preaching in an angry manner – watch your sermons with the volume down. What are your mannerisms and facial expressions communicating?

Angry Pastors Need A Counselor – They have personal issues they need to deal with.

Angry Pastors May Need A New Profession – I have heard pastors state their primary calling is to break the legs of the sheep, place the sheep over their shoulders and carry them back to the herd. No compassion. No empathy. No mercy. Well, no problem because you will ultimately have no job.

If you are an angry pastor, here are a five steps you need to take TODAY:

Repent of your sin.
Apologize to all those you have offended. You will need to this in each of the following – one-on-one conversations, to staff and leadership teams, and most likely to the congregation during a Sunday sermon.
Seek Professional Assistance – Contact a Christian counselor and work through your issues.
Become A Learner – Get some leadership training, particularly in the areas of emotional intelligence and people skills.
Bring Accountability Into Your Life – Have the leaders in your church partner with you on a solution to this issue.

Is your pastor always angry click like if he is

1 Like

Re: Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by Tellemall: 5:26pm On Oct 27, 2019
@Topcruise
I know an angry pastor who never takes it easy, fights with people, curses them and feels it is okay. He has no remorse about it. He lies and scams people. He is vengeful. He feels he is God on Earth, that he can make and unmake. He drives and abuses other road users.

His defense? Touch not my anointed, and that passage with Elijah and the 42 children.

His temper is always flaring for use on cursing and giving people hard words, he hardly uses soft words. I feel his ministry is fake. He and his wife are like two angry, dubious bulldogs. They take money from people and devise means not to return it, even when they know they are debtors.

Why is it that pastors are given so much room to be vagabonds when we are all the royal priesthood? What makes them feel they are so special when we are all anointed for the kingdom of God? Why must we tolerate their excesses and why do they feel they cannot apologize or restitute because they're pastors? And more importantly, why are they so full of it?

1 Like

Re: Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by Nobody: 5:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Tellemall:
@Topcruise
I know an angry pastor who never takes it easy, fights with people, curses them and feels it is okay. He has no remorse about it. He lies and scams people. He is vengeful. He feels he is God on Earth, that he can make and unmake. He drives and abuses other road users.

His defense? Touch not my anointed, and that passage with Elijah and the 42 children.

His temper is always flaring for use on cursing and giving people hard words, he hardly uses soft words. I feel his ministry is fake. He and his wife are like two angry, dubious bulldogs. They take money from people and devise means not to return it, even when they know they are debtors.

Why is it that pastors are given so much room to be vagabonds when we are all the royal priesthood? What makes them feel they are so special when we are all anointed for the kingdom of God? Why must we tolerate their excesses and why do they feel they cannot apologize or restitute because they're pastors? And more importantly, why are they so full of it?
the answer is mr flesh, it destroys anything it lays his hands on.
The solution is that pastors not just must submit themsleves under the greater pastor ( the Lord Jesus).
They should see Jesus as the head of the church and themsleves as just servant doing the will of his master.
The race must be run according to lay down rule set by the master anything short of this they are outside the will of God.
Re: Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by Tellemall: 5:40pm On Oct 27, 2019
solite3:
the answer is mr flesh, it destroys anything it lays his hands on.
The solution is that pastors not just must submit themsleves under the greater pastor ( the Lord Jesus).
They should see Jesus as the head of the church and themsleves as just servant doing the will of his master.
The race must be run according to lay down rule set by the master anything short of this they are outside the will of God.
Why are pastors always above the law they preach? Then you cannot abuse them and deal with them because of the touch not my anointed clause, but aren't we all anointed? They need to be accountable to someone. Some are apprentices to wicked, evil bitter pastors and so remain in their folly.
Those who are pastors need a higher authority that will hold them accountable for their actions while they are on Earth. My wish for the above pastor is that he faces judgement, because he is a worker of iniquity and oppression to me.

I never knew his character until I got close to him. You have people saying no one is righteous. If that is the case, then such pastors should step down. They are doing more harm than good.

1 Like

Re: Realtities Of An Angry Pastor by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 29, 2019
Tellemall:

Why are pastors always above the law they preach? Then you cannot abuse them and deal with them because of the touch not my anointed clause, but aren't we all anointed? They need to be accountable to someone. Some are apprentices to wicked, evil bitter pastors and so remain in their folly.
Those who are pastors need a higher authority that will hold them accountable for their actions while they are on Earth. My wish for the above pastor is that he faces judgement, because he is a worker of iniquity and oppression to me.

I never knew his character until I got close to him. You have people saying no one is righteous. If that is the case, then such pastors should step down. They are doing more harm than good.
you see, many are called but few are chosen most of those pastors are not saved they are just there for their stomach not for Jesus Christ. I agree with you every pastor especially new ones need to have an authority figure over them but one of the sign of a false pastor is rejection of authority. the problem with most people is they have itchy ear and will only listen to what suits them hence will always fall prey to these false prophets/pastors.
The requirements, chatacter and trait of a pastor are clearly stated out in the bible especially in The book of timothy if people should search scriptures they will find out the truth.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Can Moving Into A House Bring Bad Luck? / COZA: Popular Pastor Reveals Why He Disowned Pastor Fatoyinbo (video) / Female Pastor Slams Ushers For Allowing Lady Fall On Her During Deliverance (vid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.