Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,119 members, 7,953,446 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:26 PM

Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA (21789 Views)

Xenophobia: Nigerians Vow To Boycott MTN, Shoprite, Other South African Business / Xenophobia: South African Government Shows Concern Over Threats By NANS / Xenophobia: NANS Gives MTN, Multichoice, Shoprite, Stanbic IBTC 7 Days To Leave (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Angelfrost(m): 5:33pm On Sep 08, 2019
WildChild00:

Lots are stranded, many might want to, but Because if shame, they choose to remain back.

Shame??!... Does one ingest poison out of shame. Well, good luck to them.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by anEye4anEye: 5:42pm On Sep 08, 2019
I have forgotten what i want to say.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by francisbarrack(m): 5:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
auntysimbiat:
Hmmm... MTN, SHOPRITE & DSTV will be like calm down Nigeria, this issue is resolvable

Dont forget to include stanbic bank
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by banji1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 08, 2019
Please, let's benchmark the statement; "...air peace has accepted to airlift those who are WILLING..."
I can bet with anything that just a handful of Nigerians will turn up for this evacuation. Mark my word.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Platony(m): 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Dem go gree come back?? undecided
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Nobody: 6:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
WildChild00:
Why wait till Wednesday, wen a dozen must have been killed, 9ja

Likely because most people cannot leave immediately. They may need to arrange shipping of their belongings, clear out bank account, withdraw kids from school, put assets up for sale, get vital documents, etc ,etc. Usually a person can only jump on a plane immediately if they have nothing but the clothe on their back as possession. Those who have built a life in SA need to dismantle that life in preparation for returning to Nigeria and that will take at least a few days.

4 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by 11doubledee: 6:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
The aircrafts will return almost empty.
You guys will see the real meaning of hypocrisy.
Am watching oooooo.
Back to do what?the Socio economic problems here far outweighs any kind of xenophobic attack.
Am waiting ooooo
Over 40000 Nigerians in S. A., let us see how many is willing to come back

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
banji1:
Please, let's benchmark the statement; "...air peace has accepted to airlift those who are WILLING..."
I can bet with anything that just a handful of Nigerians will turn up for this evacuation. Mark my word.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details

You are probably right. For many Nigerians, it is 'anywhere but Nigeria'. Unfortunately, Nigeria is only pleasurable for the rich, elite, well-connected and political class.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by redsun(m): 6:08pm On Sep 08, 2019
Nigerians can only be respected outside if Nigeria as a country respects her own citizens. Nigeria, as it is now, is more like a rogue state. It has no laws, no policies and precedents that recognise the existence and rights of her own citizens.

Nigeria as a nation is nonexistent.

1 Like

Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by CandidNotes: 6:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
South Africans are planning a bloody attack for Monday and you are only evacuating Nigerians on Wednesday? Are you evacuating the people or their bodies
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by CandidNotes: 6:58pm On Sep 08, 2019
This does not apply when it comes to life and death.

candidtalk:

Likely because most people cannot leave immediately. They may need to arrange shipping of their belongings, clear out bank account, withdraw kids from school, put assets up for sale, get vital documents, etc ,etc. Usually a person can only jump on a plane immediately if they have nothing but the clothe on their back as possession. Those who have built a life in SA need to dismantle that life in preparation for returning to Nigeria and that will take at least a few days.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Legendguru: 7:10pm On Sep 08, 2019
ohh
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 08, 2019
Newshubs:
Perfect. This action is Long overdue
Anyway, better later than never

k

What are you saying? Have you noticed this thread was avoided. Government knows the people don't want to leave SA. Otherwise, they would have left since the crisis first began. The African countries government know their people don't want to leave SA. Evacuation is a bitter option to the foreigners in SA, they prefer moving to Canada or Europe. To most of them, returning back to their country is never an option.

This is very shameful to them. Civilized countries alert their members of an imminent danger in any countries with great risk to their people and investment. They make arrangement to evacuate their people.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by mejai(m): 7:51pm On Sep 08, 2019
ndindiatu:
No one should bring south wife or kids to Niger oh. We dey vex now
this is getting serious
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by SayginSA: 7:52pm On Sep 08, 2019
9jayes:
No wonder MTN 3G from my area disappeared since Friday

if your government stop preventing MTN from exiting Nigeria,with their listing of NSE-you will get used to not having 3G . Just like you are used to not having electricity and depending of generators. Without MTN SA,your telecom infrastructure will lack even behind than currently. In SA cheap phones have 24/7 4G network,even in deep rural areas.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by SayginSA: 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Fabbyking:
When dey arrive what will dey be doing? Just thinking cry some will say life first okay angry undecided

most will continue with what they're doing in SA,drugs,human trafficking,scams and prostitutions (most nigerians here are doing that)
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by petitoni(f): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Is either shame or death then...!

WildChild00:

Lots are stranded, many might want to, but Because if shame, they choose to remain back.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by Newshubs: 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
I thought you deserved my attention chief until I saw your name.

I only wish your Political Godfathers and the future of your unborn children well.

The issue is that, People in this part of the world are so self centered that they forget the Destinies of their unborn children in a hurry.

Guess what?
It is not your fault. I blame it on our Socalled Heros. So That is what they has reduced us to.

And I wish I can tell you, it's intentional. So you don't ask for what belongs to you. Which is the number one reason Education is a rare commodity in your country sir
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
Many won't come back and those that do may return with their drug pushing habit and cultism; therefore constituting real nuisances to their communities.
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by King44(m): 10:00pm On Sep 08, 2019
SayginSA:

if your government stop preventing MTN from exiting Nigeria,with their listing of NSE-you will get used to not having 3G . Just like you are used to not having electricity and depending of generators. Without MTN SA,your telecom infrastructure will lack even behind than currently. In SA cheap phones have 24/7 4G network,even in deep rural areas.
there are up 3 standard network providers in Nigeria that could provide 3g and at the moment we have 4g already brought in by Airtel bottom line is some major network providers in Ng are waiting for Mtn to bounce out so they could take their spot and compete favourably well in Nigeria the only issue is that Mtn has many subscribers down here that is the only advantage they have over others, if Mtn bounces give Nigerians less than a week and watch people switch network ASAP surprise all other networks are mainly 3g providers except airtel
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by kolawo(m): 10:56pm On Sep 08, 2019
So much decision within a week. it's strictly political!
Re: Xenophobia: Nigeria To Commence Evacuation Wednesday - NICASA by valentineuwakwe(m): 12:27am On Sep 09, 2019
why wait till Wednesday when persons are being killed? I thought evacuations are emergency offerings and should be done immediately. ...This country self, n.a. wa o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Travelled To Thailand To Study Cultivation Of Cannabis / Primate Ayodele Warns Tinubu, Sanwo-Olu, APC In New Prophecy / Army Smashes Police Robbery Gang In Bayelsa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.