Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,511 members, 7,836,963 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:04 PM

Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land (1052 Views)

I Lost My Land Documents, How Do I Retrieve Them? / GLO Wants To Plant A MAST On My Land. What Are My Benefits And Its Hazards - / "My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 8:31am On Sep 08, 2019
Hi Fellow Nairalanders.

I use to think omoniles is only limited to developing areas of Lagos.

I recently bought a land in surulere with CFO ooooo, yet Omoniles started coming with some unnecessary demands.

They even claim they will issue their family receipt for Land that have CFO.

Unfortunately I can not meet their demands. I have been wondering what to do and the necessary steps I can take because I know their request is illegal.

Good people of Nairaland, please I need your advice.
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by F117nighthawk: 8:49am On Sep 08, 2019
Nigerians don want to pay for consultation, who did u seek advice before going to buy the land,now u want cheap advice, go get and pay a lawyer,

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by Asquare84(m): 11:32am On Sep 08, 2019
You can take them to court
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by Treash(m): 11:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
F117nighthawk:
Nigerians don want to pay for consultation, who did u seek advice before going to buy the land,now u want cheap advice, go get and pay a lawyer,

God bless you sir. I used to warn them to consult a lawyer or we carry out investigation on the property, but they assume we lawyers will collect their money, so they want to save the money and go ahead to pay. Poster, please go and settle the omonile. Simple.

1 Like

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by olafusimic(m): 2:30am On Sep 09, 2019
To @Treash and @F117Nighthawk, shame on you both.

I you can't provide help must you condemn? Must you always try to sell your service. Big shame.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by F117nighthawk: 3:34am On Sep 09, 2019
olafusimic:
To @Treash and @F117Nighthawk, shame on you both.

I you can't provide help must you condemn? Must you always try to sell your service. Big shame.
So the land u bought did they give u for free? your ignorance is what u are paying for now, you guys always think u are smart,learn to always pay for professional services and u will not be paying for ignorance next time
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 3:42am On Sep 09, 2019
Treash:

God bless you sir. I used to warn them to consult a lawyer or we carry out investigation on the property, but they assume we lawyers will collect their money, so they want to save the money and go ahead to pay. Poster, please go and settle the omonile. Simple.
@ Treash and 117Nighthawk.
You both are unprofessional and a complete disappointment to whatever profession you practice. No wonder you are unsuccessful at what you do for a living.
It would have even made sense for you to read my post and make no comment than this kind of headstrong comments.
I bought a property with a valid tittle and in your own view I prepared the deed of assignment myself? or pay such huge amount of money without carrying out a due diligence? Who else does this if not a lawyer.
I think you both need to go back to a Law firm and redo your training before you start practicing on your own if at all you a lawyer and not a charge and bail.
I wonder why you are so pained.
You can keep you consult to your self please.

3 Likes

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 3:44am On Sep 09, 2019
F117nighthawk:

So the land u bought did they give u for free? your ignorance is what u are paying for now, you guys always think u are smart,learn to always pay for professional services and u will not be paying for ignorance next time
You both are unprofessional and a complete disappointment to whatever profession you practice. No wonder you are unsuccessful at what you do for a living.
It would have even made sense for you to read my post and make no comment than this kind of headstrong comments.
I bought a property with a valid tittle and in your own view I prepared the deed of assignment myself? or pay such huge amount of money without carrying out a due diligence? Who else does this if not a lawyer.
I think you both need to go back to a Law firm and redo your training before you start practicing on your own if at all you are a lawyer and not charge and bail.

2 Likes

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by F117nighthawk: 4:26am On Sep 09, 2019
walexpal:

I think you both need to go back to a Law firm and redo your training before you start practicing on your own if at all you are a lawyer and not charge and bail.

You that u are successful, why are u looking for cheap and free advice, u are a Typical Nigerian,looking for freebies,why are u looking for who to consult freely on Nairaland, don't u charge people in your own business, The hard truth needed to be pumped into your head, why don't u go and beg onomile and see what they will do u you.yeye man
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by Treash(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2019
walexpal:

Sorry for your pains sir. I wasn't insulting you rather. That's aside. I'll recommend you consult the lawyer who did the due diligence for you then sir. He must have a way out. He couldn't just collect money without work, except you didn't pay him well.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by MrMcJay(m): 7:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
walexpal:

Hi Fellow Nairalanders.

I use to think omoniles is only limited to developing areas of Lagos.

I recently bought a land in surulere with CFO ooooo, yet Omoniles started coming with some unnecessary demands.

They even claim they will issue their family receipt for Land that have CFO.

Unfortunately I can not meet their demands. I have been wondering what to do and the necessary steps I can take because I know their request is illegal.

Good people of Nairaland, please I need your advice.

OP, I remember you. You're the man who said Tenants were stealing the fixtures and fittings in the house he bought.

Check my comment on that post, you'll remember.
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by joycluv: 4:54am On Sep 10, 2019
Op what is omoniles?
Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 12:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
MrMcJay:

OP, I remember you. You're the man who said Tenants were stealing the fixtures and fittings in the house he bought.

Check my comment on that post, you'll remember.

Yes very True. I quite appreciate your sincere advice. Very helpful.

I took to the advice then by getting a security Man (MeGuard) there.

My Lawyer also adviced we get one of them arrested. This was also mentioned on the forum as well.

Ever since, no one dare to steal any thing from there.

1 Like

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 12:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Treash:

Sorry for your pains sir. I wasn't insulting you rather. That's aside. I'll recommend you consult the lawyer who did the due diligence for you then sir. He must have a way out. He couldn't just collect money without work, except you didn't pay him well.

Many thanks for your advice on the matter.

I sincerely apologize for my earlier comments if I was hash and rude.

I guess the issue was being mixed up by assuming no lawyer was involved from the onset.

Also, people forget that this a public forum where you can tap from people's wealth of experience in order to deal with issues.

That my lawyer is advising ''A'' does not mean you cannot get a more superior advice from the people on the forum especially when they are talking from experience.

For instance, a lawyer chatted me yesterday personally and gave a guide on what to do and to also have that discussion with my Lawyer.

That I believe is a professional way of dealing with issues and in which case you are also doing now.

There is no way one will cough out that magnitude of money and will not involve a Lawyer. We talking of savings of more than a decade here.

All the same, I really thank you for this advice. God bless!

1 Like

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by Treash(m): 2:35pm On Sep 10, 2019
walexpal:

Many thanks for your advice on the matter.

I sincerely apologize for my earlier comments if I was hash and rude.

I guess the issue was being mixed up by assuming no lawyer was involved from the onset.

Also, people forget that this a public forum where you can tap from people's wealth of experience in order to deal with issues.

That my lawyer is advising ''A'' does not mean you cannot get a more superior advice from the people on the forum especially when they are talking from experience.

For instance, a lawyer chatted me yesterday personally and gave a guide on what to do and to also have that discussion with my Lawyer.

That I believe is a professional way of dealing with issues and in which case you are also doing now.

There is no way one will cough out that magnitude of money and will not involve a Lawyer. We talking of savings of more than a decade here.

All the same, I really thank you for this advice. God bless!

Alright. My advice goes thus. There is a Lagos State Property Protection Law, which prevent the omonile frm unlawful encroachment. Where there is an encroachment, victims of land grabbers must immediately do a petition addressed to the Attorney-General, with attention to the Coordinator, Lagos State Special Task Force on Land Grabbers.

Such petition must include all the details, facts and photocopies of valid title documents in relation to the land in question as well as accompanied their complaints by an Affidavit/Declaration with a passport photograph. Police have limited power in land matters ooo. My opinion.

1 Like

Re: Help: Omoniles Will Now Allow Me Work On My Land by walexpal(m): 2:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Treash:

Alright. My advice goes thus. There is a Lagos State Property Protection Law, which prevent the omonile frm unlawful encroachment. Where there is an encroachment, victims of land grabbers must immediately do a petition addressed to the Attorney-General, with attention to the Coordinator, Lagos State Special Task Force on Land Grabbers.

Such petition must include all the details, facts and photocopies of valid title documents in relation to the land in question as well as accompanied their complaints by an Affidavit/Declaration with a passport photograph. Police have limited power in land matters ooo. My opinion.

Many thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Distress Sales!!! 4 Units Of 3 Bedroom With An Annual Recoup Of #1.2M In Akure / Corvid-19 Virus And Its Legal Implications For Businesses In Nigeria / 3 Bedroom Duplex At Lekki Gardens - 30m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.