Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,920 members, 7,952,702 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:43 PM

Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board (594 Views)

Rivers: Gov. Wike Suspends Principal, Vows To Sack Others Collecting Fees, Levie / Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board Over Fraudulent Acts / Governor Wike Suspends 13 Local Government Council Chairmen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Ctorch: 10:17am On Sep 08, 2019
Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board Despite Claim Rivers Is Christian State

The Vice President-General of Jamaatu Nasril Islam, (JNI), Alhaji Abubakar Orlu, has explained why Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, suspended the state's Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board.

Alhaji Orlu said it was because of alleged fraudulent activities and the unsatisfactory manner the board was being run.

In a statement issued on Saturday, the JNI chieftain disclosed that some fraudulent persons had in the past hijacked hajj seats in Rivers State to other states.

Last July, Wike had claimed that Rivers was a Christian state. “I heard that some people are angry that I declared Rivers as a Christian State. With what happened on March 9, 2019, it re-emphasized
my conviction that Rivers is a Christian State. Nobody can intimidate me into changing my position.

“I will not disappoint the Church. I will continue to support the Church. When people who think that they are God came, Christians stood firm and showed that Rivers State is a Christian State,” the governor had asserted at a thanksgiving.

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/08/governor-wike-suspends-muslim-pilgrims-welfare-board-despite-claim-rivers-christian-state?fbclid=IwAR1R34gKiL0g4SeTTvtyafrdL20fSlZSE4JWG5b6il-ajgF3SFCVaEJxJ2E

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by SpecialAdviser(m): 10:20am On Sep 08, 2019
Up till now, I'm still wondering why the government still sponsor pilgrims with tax payer money.

The required people don't make it fraudulent and connected people make it. They bribe their way through and still claim they want to visit God.

God will always wonder the kind of people Nigerians are.

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Fuckyoumod: 10:24am On Sep 08, 2019
Supported....
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Nobody: 10:27am On Sep 08, 2019
Last July, Wike had claimed that Rivers was a Christian state. “I heard that some people are angry that I declared Rivers as a Christian State. With what happened on March 9, 2019, it re-emphasized my conviction that Rivers is a Christian State. Nobody can intimidate me into changing my position.

First of all, it shows Wike has clearly the gratitude of the church and the bishops...and Rivers state as a whole....

“I will not disappoint the Church. I will continue to support the Church. When people who think that they are God came, Christians stood firm and showed that Rivers State is a Christian State,” the governor had asserted at a thanksgiving.

God bless

You see why sowore and his newspaper will not in prison...what concert the last paragraph with the actual topic

poor journalism...

Fraudulent activities led to the suspension because is now obvious some hausa fulani goes on pilgrims as Rivers state Indigene.....That is totally unacceptable.....

1 Like

Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Ceoking6: 10:28am On Sep 08, 2019
Asari the shite Muslim ipodian would be down in tears now.

God pass dem
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2019
It's at the discretion of the Governor if he wants to sponsor pilgrimage or not, it's not constitutional, as we have had events where Northern states refused to sponsor Christian pilgrimage...

States like Sokoto, Zamfara, Kebbi, Kano, Jigawa, Yobe etc and no uproar was heard or fuss made about it.

https://www.pressreader.com/nigeria/thisday/20150120/282054800426124
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by NwaAmaikpe: 10:32am On Sep 08, 2019
shocked

It will make more sense if states would sponsor her citizens to watch the Champions league final or World cup rather than sending them on pilgrimages that translate to nothing to the economical, moral and spiritual standing of the state.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Zikora1000(f): 10:46am On Sep 08, 2019
all greater south states are Christian states. that's just the simple truth and we have no apologies for that.
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by vedaxcool(m): 11:03am On Sep 08, 2019
This man knows the mumu buttons of his people.
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Xisnin(m): 11:05am On Sep 08, 2019
Repackaged old news.
Re: Governor Wike Suspends Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board by Mynd44: 11:21am On Sep 08, 2019

(1)

[LIVE UPDATES] Buhari Vs Atiku: Summary Of Rulings / Igbajo Indigenes Stay Agog As Hon. Femi Aborisade Brings Dividends Of Democracy / These Are The Names Of Those Killing Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.