Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months (11218 Views)

22-year-old Houseboy Stabs Madam To Death & Absconds With Car & Other Properties / Lady Kills Her Boyfriend In Uyo After Sex, Absconds With His Benz (Graphic Pics) / Have You Seen This Man: He Absconded With Owner's Bike On The First Day Of Work. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by timtunday: 12:33am On Sep 09, 2019
The Operatives of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, a unit of the Lagos Police Command have arrested a tricycle rider otherwise known as ‘Keke Maruwa’ after stealing the tricycle over four months ago.

The suspect, Tosin Abolaji, 25-year-old, was arrested in Ikeja, where he was using the stolen ‘keke’ for transport business.

The ‘Keke’ was given to him by one Emmanuel sometimes in April 2019 to enable him to raise some funds to cater for his family.

According to sources close to both parties, ‘Keke’ operators always engage themselves in shift ride, where a rider after working for hours and wish to rest, would hand over his ‘Keke’ to another rider on agreed time to return the keke back to the owner.

The suspect, Tosin had told Emmanuel that he was hungry and needed to work with Emmanuel’s keke for few hours. Unknown to Emmanuel who thought he was helping, Tosin had an ulterior motive of stealing the newly bought ‘Keke’.

Emmanuel, narrating his ordeal after the ‘Keke’ was recovered by police, stated that he got the tricycle on hired purchase from a micro-finance bank before it was stolen by his friend.

“I was arrested by the bank after I could not meet up with the return payment plan agreement I had with the bank. I begged the bank to please allow me to talk to my colleagues who can assist me in getting a Keke which I can be riding to pay back the debt while I continue to search every nooks and cranny”, Emmanuel said.

“I have searched almost the whole of Lagos tricycle garages for my ‘Keke’, begged all other friends in the neighbourhood maybe they can help me with Tosin’s whereabout but I was told he had cut contact with everybody in the area after the incident.

It was during the search that I learnt Tosin was a thief as colleagues who knew him well also shared their experiences about him, collecting colleagues’ ‘Keke’ and absconding with it for days without the knowledge of the owners”.

He added, “after four months of rigorous search for my ‘Keke’, a good Samaritan who saw Tosin around Ikeja hinted me. I quickly alerted the police and they arrested him and recovered my tricycle”.

Sources said that after the recovery, it was discovered Tosin had changed so many things in the ‘keke’ making it difficult for the owner to recognize his tricycle. They added that so many stickers had been pasted on the tricycle to make it unrecognisable.

According to the PPRO, DSP Bala Elkanah, incident like this can be mitigated by commercial riders in the State if only they can desist from exchanging their valuable means of transportation with their colleagues who might not share the same interest with them.

He also advises them to be law-abiding while doing their daily business.

The case has been transferred to the ‘AREA G’ Police command where the matter was earlier reported for further investigations.

Source: https://xynews.co/rider-absconds-with-owners-maruwa-arrested-after-four-months/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by ahnie: 12:42am On Sep 09, 2019
His face looks like a burnt coal.

Trust him to blame the innocent devil for his actions.
The devil should be ready to get the blames!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by AbikeDabiri: 1:48am On Sep 09, 2019
I wonder how some pple reason

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Nobody: 2:14am On Sep 09, 2019
Well he wasn't smart enough for what he considered a perfect crime. The law eventually caught up with him.
My signature below needs to go.

1 Like

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Jabioro: 2:23am On Sep 09, 2019
You needed help and you got one ..you then destroyed it.Your stupidity have no part two.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by realstars: 3:22am On Sep 09, 2019
At last he is in the news.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Nobody: 3:50am On Sep 09, 2019
That guy above is NOT a Nigerian.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by helinues: 5:11am On Sep 09, 2019
The story is not adding up

Abscond? Stolen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by anonimi: 5:11am On Sep 09, 2019
ahnie:
His face looks like a burnt coal.

Trust him to blame the innocent devil for his actions.
The devil should be ready to get the blames!

You too sabi us.
Haba na wetin cheesy grin

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4138528_fbimg1471362711749_jpeg32428b294a57b4debde63e3fd7301227

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by onadana: 5:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Smartchoiice:

Tor.He is certainly not a Tosin.Either the story was twisted by bloggers.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by anonimi: 5:13am On Sep 09, 2019
atimadesign:
Is it the Next Level Agenda that is making Most Nigerians loss Sanity? shocked shocked shocked

This next level na die, walahi.
If you know you know. undecided lipsrsealed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8191483_fbimg1542733185249_jpega4ffce48bddb468e2c48c7b8cb7ff6b4

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by gegeloshe: 5:15am On Sep 09, 2019
This handcuff no look like real handcuff o

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Christmasdon(m): 5:17am On Sep 09, 2019
Oh MINE. not good.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by favour32(m): 5:19am On Sep 09, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Guy u correct!
Nigerian face nor dey bend like that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Eportal123: 5:29am On Sep 09, 2019
Nigeria police can’t afford ordinary handcuff anymore.
timtunday:
The Operatives of the Lagos State Rapid Response Squad, a unit of the Lagos Police Command have arrested a tricycle rider otherwise known as ‘Keke Maruwa’ after stealing the tricycle over four months ago.

The suspect, Tosin Abolaji, 25-year-old, was arrested in Ikeja, where he was using the stolen ‘keke’ for transport business.

The ‘Keke’ was given to him by one Emmanuel sometimes in April 2019 to enable him to raise some funds to cater for his family.

According to sources close to both parties, ‘Keke’ operators always engage themselves in shift ride, where a rider after working for hours and wish to rest, would hand over his ‘Keke’ to another rider on agreed time to return the keke back to the owner.

The suspect, Tosin had told Emmanuel that he was hungry and needed to work with Emmanuel’s keke for few hours. Unknown to Emmanuel who thought he was helping, Tosin had an ulterior motive of stealing the newly bought ‘Keke’.

Emmanuel, narrating his ordeal after the ‘Keke’ was recovered by police, stated that he got the tricycle on hired purchase from a micro-finance bank before it was stolen by his friend.

“I was arrested by the bank after I could not meet up with the return payment plan agreement I had with the bank. I begged the bank to please allow me to talk to my colleagues who can assist me in getting a Keke which I can be riding to pay back the debt while I continue to search every nooks and cranny”, Emmanuel said.

“I have searched almost the whole of Lagos tricycle garages for my ‘Keke’, begged all other friends in the neighbourhood maybe they can help me with Tosin’s whereabout but I was told he had cut contact with everybody in the area after the incident.

It was during the search that I learnt Tosin was a thief as colleagues who knew him well also shared their experiences about him, collecting colleagues’ ‘Keke’ and absconding with it for days without the knowledge of the owners”.

He added, “after four months of rigorous search for my ‘Keke’, a good Samaritan who saw Tosin around Ikeja hinted me. I quickly alerted the police and they arrested him and recovered my tricycle”.

Sources said that after the recovery, it was discovered Tosin had changed so many things in the ‘keke’ making it difficult for the owner to recognize his tricycle. They added that so many stickers had been pasted on the tricycle to make it unrecognisable.

According to the PPRO, DSP Bala Elkanah, incident like this can be mitigated by commercial riders in the State if only they can desist from exchanging their valuable means of transportation with their colleagues who might not share the same interest with them.

He also advises them to be law-abiding while doing their daily business.

The case has been transferred to the ‘AREA G’ Police command where the matter was earlier reported for further investigations.

Source: https://xynews.co/rider-absconds-with-owners-maruwa-arrested-after-four-months/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by madenigga(m): 5:38am On Sep 09, 2019
How u go carry your keke give person way get this kind face

1 Like

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Omolomo4eva(m): 5:46am On Sep 09, 2019
D heart of man is wicked,who can know it?

1 Like

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Sirpaul(m): 5:47am On Sep 09, 2019
Na chad this guy come from.. 9ja no get opaque face like that
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by money121(m): 5:52am On Sep 09, 2019
Barawo
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Emmy3(m): 6:14am On Sep 09, 2019
This is why doing business in Nigeria is like a soldier posted to Sambisa forest.
From no epileptic power supply,
Multiple taxing,
No financial/technical support,
Unfavorable laws,
Some family, frienemies and competitors happy at down times,
to
Crooked, undisciplined and non-serious staffers.

Naija, I hail thee..

1 Like

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by uridiwan(m): 6:16am On Sep 09, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Walahi,I know the guy very well....he is tout and I'm very sure Emmanuel knows him very well.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by oriewanbe: 6:28am On Sep 09, 2019
why naaw?
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by 24kmagic: 6:40am On Sep 09, 2019
Na this guy be 25 years?

Haba, make Una de lie small small na

This guy is nothing less than thirty

1 Like

Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Nobody: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2019
gegeloshe:
This handcuff no look like real handcuff o

It's a zip tie cuff. I bet you, you can't free yourself from it.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Aarenasbaba(m): 6:48am On Sep 09, 2019
He has received several blows or slaps, see as his face got swollen .....
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 09, 2019
madenigga:
How u go carry your keke give person way get this kind face
I tire
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:51am On Sep 09, 2019
Your criminal past will always locate you.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by adecz: 6:59am On Sep 09, 2019
sad

This theif looks more like a Boko haram!!! shocked shocked shocked

He also looks like someone that can
kill his friend to collect his keke.
Re: Rider Absconds With Owner's 'maruwa' Arrested After 4 Months by Onlyonebuhari: 7:00am On Sep 09, 2019
anonimi:

This next level na die, walahi.
If you know you know. undecided lipsrsealed

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8191483_fbimg1542733185249_jpega4ffce48bddb468e2c48c7b8cb7ff6b4

So next never take away your senses to be a hardworker?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fulani Herdsmen Machete A Man In Benue(pics) / Gunmen Kill POS Operator In Ebonyi, Again / Criminals' Latest Trick In Nigeria. Please Be Careful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.