Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,233 members, 7,957,546 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:26 PM

NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde (13454 Views)

No Governor Has Ever Handed Over To His Successor In Oyo - Makinde / Lagos Prominent Indigenes Seek End To NURTW Activities / Zamfara, Rivers APC Remain Banned – INEC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by nwamabo247(m): 6:50am On Sep 09, 2019
anything that will benefit the state is wellcome.pls help a brother
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ImperialYoruba: 6:51am On Sep 09, 2019
crazygod:

Hmmm. So sad that Nigeria is now a country where 'Agberoism' is now legal.

Are they registered with CAC? If they are then they are legal.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ImperialYoruba: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2019
Makinde is considered a youthful Governor and great hope for the transition of power to a new class with skills and competencies to give us the new social leap and economic growth. He thus should lead with great insight and caution to solidify the trust.

We live in an age of technology and data intelligence. The state of government should begin collecting evidence and data with which they can prosecute NURTW. Banning the union is illegal, they are a registered corporate body. Will Makinde ban MACBAN, which is also a union? MACBAN has been responsible for a lot of atrocities in society, worse than NURTW.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 09, 2019
This guy is stepping on toes indirectly injuring his political career. He needs councel from Ambode.

Buy my signature.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by dotedote: 7:02am On Sep 09, 2019
We need to know from Ibadan residents and commuters if the transport fares to various destinations have dropped since the proscription of the Union.

SoNature:
When will Lagos grow some balls and be like Oyo?

When I saw the number of touts at Oshodi, I pitied the bus drivers who usually ply that route.

Well, in my discussion with a conductor, he told me in confidence that they usually factor in the money they usually give to the touts before fixing their fares.

Obviously, that's why transportation fares in Lagos are some of the highest in Nigeria.

But those who pay these fares don't complain, so why should I?

Welcome to Lagos, the world's largest concentration of touts!
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by crazygod(m): 7:05am On Sep 09, 2019
ImperialYoruba:

Are they registered with CAC? If they are then they are legal.
I was been sarcastic in response to the post I mentioned. We all know the way this nurtw operate so whether they are registered or not, they are not needed.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by anochuko01(m): 7:06am On Sep 09, 2019
helinues:

grin
Even Tinubu is still on bed.. He does not even aware of your existence
Kuku kee me
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Dpharisee: 7:06am On Sep 09, 2019
DipoToyo:
Putting CCTV Camera in your shop/home/office.. apartment is now easy n affordable
Standalone Wireless Cam
2 Wired CCTV Camera System
4 Wired Indoor n Outdoor CCTV Cameras

Call/WhatsApp 08102754724, 08128410762
Reduce the size of your advert, this is somebody's website you are using for free but making it clumsy
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by SoNature(m): 7:07am On Sep 09, 2019
dotedote:
[b]We need to know from Ibadan residents and commuters if the transport fares to various destinations have dropped since the proscription of the Union. [/b

There may not be a correlation.

Lagos has a peculiar case.

No state in Nigeria has more touts like Lagos, which, according to the conductor, partly explains why Lagos fares are high.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Eagletracker: 7:12am On Sep 09, 2019
install a tracker in your CAR today! at a give away price, you can also track *Your kids *Your pet *Your wife or husband with our new fancy device contact us today you can call or Whatsapp US on : +2348087580378.

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by NwaOhafia: 7:23am On Sep 09, 2019
The day I was shocked about this transport stuff in lagos was when a tout want collecting ₦1700 for a bus of 4-4-4-2(18) people for a transport fee of ₦200 each.

Those tout are millionaires here in lagos
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by EgunMogaji2: 7:23am On Sep 09, 2019
As for me sha I avoid Iwo road axis like the plague. Those boys can pop off at anytime.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by faithfull18(f): 7:24am On Sep 09, 2019
Good.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Ipodisacriminal: 7:26am On Sep 09, 2019
The day they will banned them in Lagos

Will be the beginning of more robbery

Bet me even ambode can never touch them because they remit more money to the state government

All i see is day light robbery from the masses to the government

To ba le sanwo olu wa Sha sanwo

Tollgate
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ImperialYoruba: 7:31am On Sep 09, 2019
crazygod:

I was been sarcastic in response to the post I mentioned. We all know the way this nurtw operate so whether they are registered or not, they are not needed.

To remove them from society should take a legal process, than just outright banning them. We all like to travel to UK and America, don't we? What we like there is the orderliness. We can create UK and America here by ordering our society. The order process should start with legal action, State vs NURTW. Let a Judge determine if they are useful or useless after reviewing arguments and evidences.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Lush100(m): 7:37am On Sep 09, 2019
no harassment of motorist, that alone is some peace.

if they can be banned forever or they make an orderly way of doing things, that will be just fine. i do not like thuggery.

dotedote:
We need to know from Ibadan residents and commuters if the transport fares to various destinations have dropped since the proscription of the Union.

1 Like

Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Nigeriadondie: 7:47am On Sep 09, 2019
ImperialYoruba:
Some of our Governors are running government in carbon copy of colonial administration. Since when did governor get power to ban a Union?
When talking of union you will call NURTW? So a union of thugs is worth calling workers union. Unless you were part of indomie generation, you would recall the former military administrator of Lagos state Col Buba Marwa endeared the heart of Lagosians when he banned them and used the joint police military outfit ‘Operation Sweep’ to enforce the ban and hunt them like the animals they are
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Olowola2: 7:49am On Sep 09, 2019
Oluwaseyi Omo Makinde You're Second To None In Terms Of Good Governing In Oyo state
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 09, 2019
helinues:

grin

Even Tinubu is still on bed.. He does not even aware of your existence
Tinubu is still "on" bed indeed
Go school, u no gree
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by PureFace1(m): 8:08am On Sep 09, 2019
SoNature:
When will Lagos grow some balls and be like Oyo?

When I saw the number of touts at Oshodi, I pitied the bus drivers who usually ply that route.

Well, in my discussion with a conductor, he told me in confidence that they usually factor in the money they usually give to the touts before fixing their fares.

Obviously, that's why transportation fares in Lagos are some of the highest in Nigeria.

But those who pay these fares don't complain, so why should I?

Welcome to Lagos, the world's largest concentration of touts!

The reason why there is still peace in Lagos is because those Agbero or touts are occupy with something to make money from

Ban NURTW in Lagos and watch as crimes take over Lagos
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ImperialYoruba: 8:12am On Sep 09, 2019
Nigeriadondie:

When talking of union you will call NURTW? So a union of thugs is worth calling workers union. Unless you were part of indomie generation, you would recall the former military administrator of Lagos state Col Buba Marwa endeared the heart of Lagosians when he banned them and used the joint police military outfit ‘Operation Sweep’ to enforce the ban and hunt them like the animals they are

I believe I covered that when I said colonial style of administration. The military was nothing but a proxy of colonial masters, brash, impulsive and unskilled in people management.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Walinco(m): 8:29am On Sep 09, 2019
RealLordZeus:
If I can have my way, I will prefer they ban them for for like three years so that sanity will return to the state transport system, though security should be enhanced coz as those boys no see their daily allowance again, they might resolve to other means.
And what about the other NURTW workers( the Nigerian Police)
For three years?.. How about an infinite ban?
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by ekitimanalways(m): 9:11am On Sep 09, 2019
babyvoice1990:

Oyo State Government on Sunday evening said the ban on the state chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers is still effective

The government spoke against the backdrop of alleged invasion of the state Secretariat of the NURTW at Agbowo area in Ibadan, along Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

They however urge the union members not to dare the police and other security agencies in their effort to restore peace and sanity in the state

Reacting to a question on the invasion of the union’s Secretariat and forceful takeover of motor parks by some faction, the Chief Press Secretary to the governor, Mr. Taiwo Adisa said, “the union activities remain banned.”

Adisa who spoke to reporters at the Iyaganku Secretariat of the Nigeria Union of Journalists said, “yes, we got the information of the invasion of NURTW office by a faction.

“The police had assured the state government of adequate provision of protection to the lives and property of our people.

“When government placed ban on NURTW, it remains in force and they should not take government for granted.

“The police are on ground and whoever breaches law will face the wrath of the law,” he added.

Makinde had in June proscribed NURTW in the state

Speaking on the achievemets of Governor Makinde in 100 daya Adisa said the government has set an unprecedented record in the history of the state and would ensure people of the state have a better taste of government .

Adisa said in couple of weeks the government will flagged of the revoked ibadan -Iseyin road and other projects across the state.

Source: https://oyoaffairs.net/nurtw-activities-still-remain-banned-in-oyo-makinde/
Makinde's relentless pursuit of good governance will make APC gradually become less successfully in Oyo State and end in a disappointing way.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by BluntBoy(m): 9:16am On Sep 09, 2019
dotedote:

Nothing has changed yet.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by gbeseun(m): 9:41am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!
Why did you ban Tinubu's boys?
Better learn from Lagos where MC Oluomo is being groomed to be d future governor of Lagos grin

Tinubu boys abi wetin,
Makinde use auxiliary during elections and now its time to pay back,he is banning and proscribing his people,
Take ur pains away from tinubu,face makinde pls
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by kpompey: 9:56am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!
Better learn from Lagos where MC Oluomo is being groomed to be d future governor of Lagos grin

Common sense missing
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by kpompey: 10:11am On Sep 09, 2019
MobilityExpress:
I don't like PDP at all because as a party they have failed at all levels of government and governance, and have a culture of chronic mediocrity, corruption, mismanagement and failure. But honestly, this Makinde man has been exceptional right from the start. This is exactly the kind of governor Lagos needs, this is exactly the kind of leadership the Southwest should be producing and this is the kind of person that should be president in 2023. If Southwest wants to present a candidate for 2023, it must be Makinde. Just within 2 months as Oyo Governor, Makinde has shown he has the active potential to be 1 trillion times a better president than Osibanjo, and 1 quintillion times a better president than Buhari. I dislike PDP, but Makinde is the best thing in Nigerian politics today. I just wonder where PDP managed to steal this guy from. The top 3 excellent governors in the political arena now are #1. MAKINDE, Oyo state #2. ABIODUN, Ogun state #3. Abdulrahman, Kwara State. Interestingly, they all somehow look alike grin. PDP does not deserve an excellent exceptional person like this. Makinde should form another party please. This guy is the best governor in the Southwest right now. His ideas, his policies, his work ethic, and his actions so far shows that Oyo state is in the best hands. God bless Makinde.

Quite disappointing when you praise the worst man in the state.You don't know anything about Ibadan,yet you are here dishing out rubbish.The governor's anointed candidate is the most terrified guy in the state and thus not acceptable to anyone.Ajimobi used the proscribed union to siphon billions from Oyo state people, 5 million per day and your current governor wanted to do the same but he needs a trusted ally to fulfill that, since the current administration are elected and recognized from abuja,he can not sack them to avoid chaos in the state as initially planned.Thus urgent need for the proscription.Come October when this tenure officially ended, then you will see your best governor return parks to the union.
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by Abbeynigeria: 10:34am On Sep 09, 2019
I believe if governors in the Southwest are alive to their responsibilities, NURTW should be proscribed in the whole of Southwester states.They are another "Boko Haram" in the making!
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by pat077: 11:04am On Sep 09, 2019
I wish they remain ban forever
Re: NURTW Activities Still Remain Banned In Oyo – Makinde by bluke(m): 11:29am On Sep 09, 2019
dokyOloye:
Haaaa,Gov Makinde!!!

na lie,
na comm for finance

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tinubu Approves Appointment And Management Team Of FERMA / Picture Of The First 30 Officers Of The Nigerian Army / APC Leaders, Tinubu To Meet Buhari In Daura Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.