Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,152 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:59 AM

After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto (5821 Views)

12-Year-Old Whitney Adeniran Dies At Chrisland High School (Photos) / "BTC > BSc": Nigerian Female Student Signs Out In Style From School (Photos) / Inside A Military Secondary School (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Odinceblog1: 6:02am On Sep 09, 2019
carpenter who helped him 20-years ago while he was still in school

Read Below what he wrote on his Facebook:

Today, I decided to put a big smile on someone’s face. When the ABSU event was over and on my way back, I did a stop over at the place where I used to live as a student on Agiriga Street Okigwe.

My mission was simple – to pay a surprise visit to my old neighbors, who are mostly local carpenters and petty traders.

Also Read: Benny Hinn Condemns Prosperity Preaching, says its an offence against the Holy spirit

I moved into that area sometime in 1998 and lived there till 2001 when I graduated. My brother Chiemezie Nwakanma was living there then and helped me secure the room. We were next door neighbors. Iyke Aaron and Chizuru Kanu later joined us there.

There is this particular carpenter who was so kind to me then. He would do my carpentry works free of charge and will lend me money whenever I was broke. I didn’t pay back most of those monies. The Mbano man was just nice to me and treated me like his own son.

The man has a penchant for speaking high sounding grammar and we named him the Professor of Carpentology, a title he cherishes so much… Heheheheheheheh.

17 years after, I stormed the place today and it was a big party. I ensured that there were drinks of different kinds and food to go round. All the carpenters stopped work to welcome their old neighbor. The women were not left out.

I told them stories of how that carpenter assisted me greatly and without seeking any pay back from me. I thanked all of them for the kindness and love they showed me then. They were all amazed that I could still remember all of that almost 20 years after.

The carpenter had a set of male triplets while I lived there. They are all grown now and one them works with him in his shop. He said the boy is brilliant but he has no money to train him in school. He lost his wife a few years ago.

There and then, I announced that I will send him to the university and bear the cost of his training. The man broke down in tears. I told him that his son should get a better life than he had. I am fully committed to keeping that promise. I shall help secure admission for him and see him through school. Who knows? He may be the channel through which God will liberate the family from the vicious cycle of poverty and deprivation.

It was a great day today as we drank and relived old times. I ensured that each of them got some small cash in their pockets.

Before I took my leave, they all asked me to kneel down while they said some prayers that touched my soul.

I felt a deep sense of fulfillment today. Yes…

SEE MORE PIX; https://odinceblog.com/after-20-years-igbo-man-pays-a-carpenter-who-helped-him-in-school-photos-story/

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Ejike07: 6:13am On Sep 09, 2019
bless your hustle. that's how to remember good things

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by NoApology(m): 6:26am On Sep 09, 2019
A good way to start my day.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by skedman(m): 6:27am On Sep 09, 2019
He never told us what business he does for a living
Just asking
You never can tell

2 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by ihitenansa: 6:29am On Sep 09, 2019
I read this story years back here

10 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Bluezy13(m): 6:29am On Sep 09, 2019
skedman:
Just asking
You never can tell

The story is not about his source of income.
The story is about his relationship with the carpenter.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Area4Area: 6:30am On Sep 09, 2019
Quite touching mehn, good to be good.
Some would forget the good deeds from others but he remembered after a long while, God bless your heart

5 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by speaktome(m): 6:32am On Sep 09, 2019
Thats the good way to go bro... Kudos!!!

Always remember to do good...

#MySignature
#MyBusiness
Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by psucc(m): 6:33am On Sep 09, 2019
I pray God to give you the Grace to do that which have promised. Again, the tides of life may rage but please keep on keeping on. Don't give up. Please endure it and fulfill your promise. You will end saving generations to come.

1 Like

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by emeijeh(m): 6:37am On Sep 09, 2019
ihitenansa:
I read this story years back here
You dey mind the Op?

3 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by dayleke: 6:42am On Sep 09, 2019
Bluezy13:

The story is not about his source of income.
The story is about his relationship with the carpenter.

Gbam!!!!

3 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by iPrevail(m): 6:45am On Sep 09, 2019
You paid him a visit with cameras rolling? Who are you trying to fool? When he helped you did he do same? What's up with people always trying to portray themselve as good and righteous? undecided

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Bluezy13(m): 6:52am On Sep 09, 2019
iPrevail:
You paid him a visit with cameras rolling? Who are you trying to fool? When he helped you did he do same? What's up with people always trying to portray themselve as good and righteous? undecided

Which of the pictures up there did you see him staring at the camera ??
Does it mean people around don't have camera phones ??
Did the OP tell you that the man himself asked for the pictures to be taken and subsequently publicized it ??

Be Appreciative when one does something good and stop seeking avenues to render rambling invectives.

8 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Martinez39(m): 6:58am On Sep 09, 2019
In terms of intellect, virtue and morality, men are well above. If you train a woman in school and get her a job, she will not be grateful. She will leave you for a better man. This man has made me proud. I am in tears. cry

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by Ahmed0336(m): 7:09am On Sep 09, 2019
skedman:
Just asking
You never can tell

You possess features of a witch with no one to tell you.

I am telling you now that you are a wizard witch angry

3 Likes

Re: After 20 Years, Igbo Man Pays A Carpenter Who Helped Him In School (photos + Sto by lalasticlala(m): 7:20am On Sep 09, 2019

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1)

Unilorin Resumption News / Two Uniben Ladies Fighting / Controversy Over WAEC Best Candidate - Tolulope Vs Christianah Opeyemi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.