Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,609 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:03 AM

Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site (21733 Views)

Snake Disrupts Robert Mugabe’s Mother-in-law’s Burial. Photos / Photos Of Robert Mugabe Meeting With Military Amid Zimbabwe Political Chaos / Zimbabwe Military Takeover Live Updates: Robert Mugabe Under House Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by BrainnewsRadio(f): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2019
RIP Mugabe
Who is missing his quotes already?
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by wasuka14(m): 11:17am On Sep 09, 2019
I can stop loving Mugabe. May his soul rest in peace.
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by genesisJ: 11:20am On Sep 09, 2019
Rip legend
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Bonebreaker(m): 11:22am On Sep 09, 2019
Emrixx:
His manhood lives on
you couldn't sustitute manhood for any other one?
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Bonebreaker(m): 11:23am On Sep 09, 2019
Bonebreaker:
you couldn't sustitute manhood for any other word?
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Ifymma(f): 11:26am On Sep 09, 2019
Rest in peace sir
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by rawlings84: 11:30am On Sep 09, 2019
Rest on African hero
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by wink2015(m): 11:31am On Sep 09, 2019
etcsines:
Zimbabwe’s government has announced a date for Robert Mugabe’s funeral.

A funeral for the longtime leader will be held on Saturday, September 14th and a burial ceremony will be held the following day.

This announcement comes amid a row over where the former president will be buried.

A government memo declared the funeral will be at Harare National Sports stadium on Saturday, September 14th but gave no location for the burial to follow the next day.

Members of the late Mr. Mugabe’s family are battling with the ruling Zanu PF party over its plan to bury the former leader in a cemetery for heroes of the liberation war in the capital.

Mugabe has a grave ready next to his first wife Sally in Heroes Acre, a North-Korea designed graveyard also home to prestigious Zanu PF supporters.
However, some of Mr Mugabe’s family want him interred in their rural village in Zvimba district, about 50 miles northwest of Harare.

"We want him buried here. Heroes, for what?" Mr Mugabe’s cousin, Josephine Jorincha, told AFP in the village of Kutama.

Mr Mugabe’s nephew, Leo, who is the family’s head of burial preparations, told the Telegraph that he was negotiating with village chiefs over the final site for Mugabe's burial.

He said that Mr Mugabe’s toppling in a 2017 coup by his former right-hand man Emerson Mnangagwa had rendered the former dictator ambivalent about being buried in the Zanu PF shrine. However, Leo said that he believed Mr Mugabe would eventually be buried in Heroes’ Acre.

He said: "I am sure he will be buried at Heroes’ Acre. We are with the chiefs, we have to consult."

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/robert-mugabe-to-be-buried-on-september.html

Mr Mugabe was so greedy to the extent that he did not build a successful succession to the office he had occupied for decade.

His children were never prepared for high political office.
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Endtimebro: 11:31am On Sep 09, 2019
RIP to the last surviving independent African leader
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Emrixx(f): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Bonebreaker:
you couldn't sustitute manhood for any other one?

It's substitute and not sustitute
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Emrixx(f): 11:36am On Sep 09, 2019
Wande22:
you're hot!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am hot and you're not, i remember that song
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by toseenore(m): 11:38am On Sep 09, 2019
I'll seriously miss this mental Liberator.

R I P Robert Mugabe!
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Burgerlomo: 11:48am On Sep 09, 2019
RIP
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Dearlord(m): 11:55am On Sep 09, 2019
Eya!!
Just hearing of his demise.
RIP SIR
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by mechanics(m): 11:57am On Sep 09, 2019
The grave yard fine o.
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Danialuone: 12:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
rip hero!
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Dizu(m): 1:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
Rip
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by RexTramadol1: 1:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Emrixx:

You fine small, but I've not seen what I wanted to see

Mugabe and the many people who form quotes on his behalf
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Emrixx(f): 1:33pm On Sep 09, 2019
RexTramadol1:

You fine small, but I've not seen what I wanted to see

Mugabe and the many people who form quotes on his behalf

Hope when you see it you'll not run
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by shiffynaani(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Emrixx:

u're fine though i noticed something about your face sha
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by RexTramadol1: 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
Emrixx:

Hope when you see it you'll not run

Run kwa? Wetin man never see grin
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Wande22(m): 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2019
grin
Emrixx:

Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by chydozane(m): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Rip
cry
Mugabe
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by banji1(m): 9:59pm On Sep 09, 2019
undecided cry
Re: Robert Mugabe To Be Buried On September 15 Amid Row Over Burial Site by Bonebreaker(m): 12:09am On Sep 10, 2019
Emrixx:

It's substitute and not sustitute
y i loose guard lyk dis ''frowns and sobs''

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ukraine: Russia Must Not Win, We Will Send Ground Troops If Necessary - Macron / President Mnangagwa Fires Joram Gumbo Over Power Outage For 8 Hrs Per Day / BREAKING: US Expels 60 Russian Spies’ Over UK Nerve Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.