Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? (438 Views)

Remo Omokri Says Yorubas Don’t Harbour Criminals And Agitators / FFK To Arsonists: "Burning Sunday Igboho's House At 3am Proves You Are Cowards" / Nigerians Are Cowards - Rotimi Amaechi In Tape Leaked By Reno Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by Hardeyoye: 9:19am On Sep 09, 2019
I know this will generate some debate but records need to be set straight. I saw this piece on FB and I think it is worth sharing:

"They" Say YORUBA are cowards... Really?

Did you know that the major actors responsible for the Victory of the ill-fated civil war were Yorubas (Benjamin Adekunle, Olusegun Obasanjo, Gen Yinka Adebayo, Obafemi Awolowo, etc)

Did you know that it was "ONLY" the Yorubas that stood by Ojukwu in his early days in exile despite being a Treasonable felony to do so?

Did you know that "NO" Igbo leader, not even one, had the guts to visit Ojukwu in exile within the first seven years? Only Yoruba 'cowards' like Wole Soyinka, Tai Solarin & co were Brave enough to visit and spend time with him in Abidjan.

Did you know that out of all his contemporaries it was only the Zik of Africa that "Ran" abroad during the political turbulence of the late 60s?
Did you know that if Abiola was to be Igbo in the case of June 12th, they won't have gotten Obasanjo?

Did you know that despite the heroic welcome given to Ikemba upon his return from exile, the same people "rejected" him from becoming a senator less than a year after?

Yorubas are not cowards.

We are Compassionate Deep Thinkers who don't do things precipitously and we see way beyond tomorrow & now.

We don't fight wars we can win with "Brains" with hands. We don't make senseless noise just to attract needless attention or sympathy
We are Warriors who use Great Ideas, Intellect, and Strategies to fight wars.

We can decide to lose a battle just to win a war.

We are the most Sophisticated Microcosm of this entity called Nigeria.

We are the "glue" that binds Nigeria together (Happening As I Type).

We are YORUBA'S, Ómo To Ni Ran, Òmo Lua Bi.

The Descendants of ODUDUWA!.

2 Likes

Re: Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by donbachi(m): 9:36am On Sep 09, 2019
You are right....ibos snitches on themselves alot.
Re: Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by Rekhina(f): 9:55am On Sep 09, 2019
I have a job for u since u ar so jobless

Call Linda : 08043278231

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by Turantula(m): 10:02am On Sep 09, 2019
Rekhina:
I have a job for u since u ar so jobless

Call Linda : 08043278231
God bless you for this kind gesture.
He needs it
Re: Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by tpiander: 10:04am On Sep 09, 2019
Some Yorubas are foolhardy, they do things by rote without checking the weather (I also do this).

Also, we come across as very rude sometimes, like we don't understand the meaning of manners.

Just saying.
Re: Who Says Yorubas Are Cowards? by Rekhina(f): 10:14am On Sep 09, 2019
Turantula:

God bless you for this kind gesture.
He needs it
My pleasure

(1) (Reply)

Robert Mugabe: How Not To Lead / UN Chief Guterres Said He Supports The Plan By Cameroon’s President To Dialogue / Nigerians React As President Buhari Redeploys Keyamo To Labour Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.