Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,743 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel (28910 Views)

Border Closure: Rice Smugglers Divert To Pineapples (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Myde4naija(m): 11:46am On Sep 09, 2019
FuckThaMod:
Let it crash to 50naira or at least where Jonathan left it before i take this headline serious.
Just 1 naira difference and they are making noise. Zombies now will call this achievement and say buhari is really working.
Jonathan left it at 97naira.

Always say the truth, not everybody has a very short memory like you.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by seyigiggle: 11:47am On Sep 09, 2019
too bad many wrong comments

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by drlaykay(m): 11:47am On Sep 09, 2019
They should better open back the border
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by jhydebaba(m): 11:53am On Sep 09, 2019
Pls look beyond the the 1 naira and see what the man is saying. Few people have been feeding fat on smuggling petrol over the years hence increasing what the govt pays on subsidy. They buy at subsidized rate of 145 and sell at neighbouring countries at prices over 200.

If the leakages are blocked and the govt pay less, there would be enough money to do other things.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by mushystuff: 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Myde4naija:
Jonathan left it at 97naira

Is it that you cannot read? The poster said 50 naira or at least where GEJ left it. That in no way insinuates anything other than that figure of 97 naira so what memory lapse or shortage are you referring to?

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Davash222:
From N145 to N144 is now ‘Crashes’
These people are fond of celebrating mediocrity.

Even the rising of the sun on Monday morning can be spun as an achievement by this administration grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by IamaNigerianGuy(m): 12:04pm On Sep 09, 2019
okosodo:
I use to respect this man

He is for sale to the Any Government In Power

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by olayinka63: 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
Davash222:
Maybe you do not know power of that #1. Let NNPC add #1 to loading price from depot, you would see that MOMAN, IPMAN all going on strike. They will demand that pump price increased to #170. Though #1 decrease is insignificant to consumers, but huge in the long run.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by livebyday(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Slow and steady

We may yet prevail , of it falls weekly by N1 for the next couple.of months that will be good

But still if you can exit Nigeria pls do not hesitate to.

Cheers
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by COURVOISier(m): 12:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
crashing by 1 naira issa big achievement ooo. Remember one of their promises is $1 will be 1 naira. tongue
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by FuckThaMod: 12:09pm On Sep 09, 2019
Myde4naija:
Jonathan left it at 97naira.

And this one go school o
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
Davash222:

COURVOISier:
crashing by 1 naira issa big achievement ooo. Remember one of their promises is $1 will be 1 naira. tongue

That 1 naira multiplied by 60 million estimated daily liters x 365 days = 21.9 Billion Naira in one year... Does it make sense now? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by COURVOISier(m): 12:15pm On Sep 09, 2019
EkoAcademy:

That 1 naira multiplied by 60 million estimated daily liters x 365 days = 21.9 Billion Naira in one year... Does it make sense now? undecided

It will make sense when the masses benefits from it. Make sense abi tongue
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Ahmeduana(m): 12:16pm On Sep 09, 2019
okosodo:
Likewise me, not until buhari appointed him into one useless committee and since then he has been spewing trash. angry

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by hablink: 12:17pm On Sep 09, 2019
frowland:

Actually cheap compared to Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and even US.
Yes, you are right. According to a quora input (find attached image below for reference)

As low as- $0.65/litre * 360= #234/litre

As high as- $0.95/litre * 360= #342/litre

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Emescot(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2019
frowland:

Multiply that by millions of liters and you will have an idea!

Does a common man buy millions of Litres

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by directonpc(m): 12:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
PureGoldh:
Which way Nigeria sad

What's the difference between #145 and #144

So if I buy 100 litres.... The discount na just #100 ?

These our leaders just dey fry Amara on top our head... We are just suffering and smiling in dx country

Meanwhile... My people.. If You need Original Honey.. Don't hesitate to call or whatsapp me on the number attached to my signature
You save 10 naira when you buy 10 litres. You can use that 10 Naira to buy breakfast.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by otokx(m): 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2019
Been buying petrol for 143 since last year.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by PureGoldh(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
directonpc:
You save 10 naira when you buy 10 litres. You can use that 10 Naira to buy breakfast.

I laugh in Portuguese grin Na sachet water I dey use do breakfast nii grin

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by efighter: 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
Bluezy13:
Hmmm...

Petrol 144
Diesel 210

And you call it an achievement.
Celebrating mediocrity

The man is not a government official, he is just saying what he has seen

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Treasure17(m): 12:21pm On Sep 09, 2019
How is that an achievement. The reduction in price has nothing to do with border to start with. They've been selling at 143 per litre in my area before this border closing of a thing.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by ibietela2(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2019
Prices of food stuff INCREASES
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by ibietela2(m): 12:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
presh001:
I'm sick and tired of Nigeria ... what's the difference between ₦145 and ₦144

₦1
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by BOFREJO(m): 12:38pm On Sep 09, 2019
okosodo:
why u no respect am again.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Area4Area: 12:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
Wailers will wail, if the price has increased by 1 naira they'll be ones to start insulting the government.
From the drop in figures in loading of fuel, it means Nigeria had been subsidizing the fuel consumption in the subregion with billions and the FG is trying to correct the anomaly but wailers must wail, no wonder the Beninese president was seen begging Buhari recently in Japan to open the border because he knows what his country gains from it all but wailers must wail.

For those crying that foreign rice is more expensive now, this is the right time to become a millionaire, get to your village and request for a piece of land to grow rice and thank me later.
Imported rice kee una there.
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by FarahAideed: 12:46pm On Sep 09, 2019
Nonsense APC lies ..so why did I just buy petrol 145
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by ThierryJay: 12:49pm On Sep 09, 2019
Davash222:

Please, Bismarck Rewane is a foremost financial expert in Nigeria and should be left out of any propaganda you feel the report is trying to achieve.

You need to be able to differentiate between a person's actual statement and how it was reported in the news. Rewane did not use the term "Crash" in his speech. What he said was that petroleum price is now NGN144 per litre. It was the reportage that used the term "crash" and also decided on using the reduction in oil price as the headline because Bismarck said so many other things.

And please, it will also be of benefit for you to understand the economic interplay that Bismarck was trying to enlighten people about instead of burying your head in political propaganda.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by felaismyhero(m): 12:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
frowland:

Multiply that by millions of liters and you will have an idea!
you have suffered so much you can't think straight; so this is an achievement? why would an average nigerian buy a million liters? just continue defending mediocrity! na only you sabi maths.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by godlessmind: 12:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Just #1.00naira only grin[color=#000000][/color]
Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by Nobody: 12:56pm On Sep 09, 2019
I think we should look at this from the standpoint of the larger benefit to the country as really, N1 is insignificant to the man on the street.

Fewer loading at the depots means the propensity to import fuel is equally reduced which eases the pressure on the need for dollar which in turn eases pressure on foreign reserves.

1 Like

Re: Border Closure Crashes Prices Of Petrol, Diesel by litaninja(m): 12:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
WOW!!!!!
The price "CRASHED" from 145 to 144....WOOWWW!!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Akeredolu: Nothing Wrong In Freezing EndSARS Protesters' Accounts / Bandits Kill 22 At Zamfara Gold Mine / President Buhari Returns To Abuja From London (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.