Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,745 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 (570 Views)

Ayomide Adeoye Enrolled Into Avi-cenna International School, G.R.A, Ikeja / John Chukwuemeka Nwafor, "Nigeria's Longest Serving Teacher" (Photos) / Father Jeremiah Dermot O’Connell Is Dead (Longest Serving Principal In Nigeria) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 by Drinokrane: 2:57pm On Sep 09, 2019
The longest-serving vice-chancellor in the history of the University of Ilorin (UNILORIN), Prof. Adeoye Adeniyi, has died at age 95.

He was the fourth VC of the institution, holding the position between 1985 and 1992.

A bulletin issued by the information office of the institution on Monday said the late Adeniyi, who was a renowned professor of paediatrics and child health, passed on on September 5 at Ibadan, Oyo State, Igbere TV reports.

The deceased, who hailed from Ogah, Kogi, was the first inaugural lecturer of the then Faculty of Health Sciences (now clinical sciences) of the university.

The inaugural lecture was entitled: “Child Care in Nigeria; A Critical Appraisal of Some Modern and Traditional Concepts” delivered on May 19, 1980.

According to the bulletin, he is survived by children and grandchildren.

The burial rite of the late professor emeritus will be announced later.

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/09/09/fourth-vice-chancellor-of-unilorin-is-dead/amp/

Re: Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 by Aladdin1(m): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
R.i.p baba.You have served well.
Re: Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 by teadrake(m): 8:01pm On Sep 09, 2019
R.I.P Emeritus Professor Adeoye Adeniyi. One of the Fathers of pediatrics in Nigeria.
Re: Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 by sirqeeboi(m): 7:38am On Sep 10, 2019
teadrake:
R.I.P Emeritus Professor Adeoye Adeniyi. One of the Fathers of pedestrians in Nigeria.

Pedestrians ke grin grin grin
He dey waka wella

I no say na typo error

1 Like

Re: Unilorin’s Longest-serving Vice-chancellor, Adeoye Adeniyi, Dies At 95 by teadrake(m): 11:33am On Sep 10, 2019
sirqeeboi:

Pedestrians ke grin grin grin
He dey waka wella

I no say na typo error
Yes bro. Corrected above

(1) (Reply)

, / Profile Of The New Uniben Vice Chancellor / Stop Comparing Yourself To Others. Life Is Not A Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.