Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,275 members, 7,836,238 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3876 Views)

My Wife Is Not Interested In Sex Anymore / "My Husband Can’t Go 3 Rounds Anymore" - Nigerian Lady Complains / Not In Love With My Wife Anymore! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 5:17am On Sep 10, 2019
@Op as someone who has been through all these your issues and is still dealing with some, life is not easy neither is it tough.

Life is what you make of it, let me tell you a story of myself.

I am in my early 30s and majority of my friends, say 95% are married with kids. I used to think I was in the worst place, cos I really wanted to get married early but life happened, I caught someone whom I thought was going to be my wife cheating with a married man, so that changed everything. I could not get married before I relocated.

When I got here I met unmarried ladies who are even older than me, na so I relax. If as a guy I wanted to complain about not being married in my early 30s what about the ladies, nigerian ladies I see here in there late 30s who are still looking for a spouse.

I got involved with one for like 2 months and I realised it was a mistake so I pulled out of the alliance, she said she was going to take her own life. As in it was that bad and I just had to reboot my senses .

Why did I tell you all this personal story ? Life is a battle , a constant battle. Even the person you think has everything or is perfect is fighting a personal battle.

I think social media has made people have a very different reality of life, making things look perfect for every one except you.

Yes there are things I am not happy about, but thats not the end of life. If I take my own life today , I deny myself the opportunity of seeing a better tomorrow.

As difficult as things may seem for me now, I look back at where I am coming from and I tell you, I have many reasons to be happy.

In summary, I will give you two tips.

1. Learn to focus on the good things in your life, the bad ones will sort themselves out. If you keep focusing on the things going bad with you, you will drag yourself to a level you will not be able to rise again . So you are the one to detach yourself from negative though.

2. Get a hobby, singing, learn an instrument, write poetry, draw .... anything . Pick up an hobby and put your energy into it. When you are busy it is difficult to be depressed, get your hands busy.

Lastly, in 10 years time things will be different so dont miss out on that goodlife ahead.

I wish you all the best.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by ahnie: 5:51am On Sep 10, 2019
Hello Miss Jennifer!
Trust me I know how you feel one hundred and one percent.lets skip the details because of future references!

Trust me...it's not worth it one bit....I know it's not easy atall but try to focus on the positives!
Please talk to persons you feel you could trust.

And like someone rightly opine...if you believe in the efficacy of prayer pls kindly pray.
But trust me...you need to leave that environment.

Pls kindly drop your number...
Pls do not do it!

2 Likes

Re: . by missjo(f): 9:06am On Sep 10, 2019
rawitools:
keep massaging her thoughts. What has she seen in life I wish I had the parents number self nonsense I hate chicken heart people like this what has she been through ? People fall and the get up that's life for you.
You know absolutely nothing about mental health,no offense. Absolutely nothing.

3 Likes

Re: . by workharder(m): 11:02am On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I just want to know that I did all I could. If this doesn't work then I guess i can finally be free.
I've been battling depression for a long time now and I've had series of suicidal thoughts. Last night I took enough aspirin pills to kill me but I woke up this morning and I was so angry and frustrated that my feelings went numb. I am tired. Then I thought maybe God kept me alive for a reason but I still can't think of any reason yet. I am scared to die but scared to live too and that's why I need help. I've been too tired to think of any other way to kill myself so right now I'm just trying to survive.
I still hope the aspirin pills would work later and kill me cuz I'm sure that I took enough to kill me and I'm still surprised I'm still living.

My friend, Aspirin doesn't work. Maybe sniper or hypo will do the trick but.....

I think the issue here is that you see the world from a selfish angle. Yeah, you should know that everyone has cancers of problems all over. Even Buhari is taking BP drugs just to calm down.

I once had a friend, a female friend that was so shy she could not go to lecture often. She would come to my hostel and stay all day. Eating, watching movies, playing cards, e.t.c. She was the world to me as a friend. She never had a boyfriend and she saw herself like an ugly duckling. She believed it as well. Turned out, this girl looked exactly like Tonto dike but a little bit fat on the cheek due to heavy eating. You see dear, she was beautiful but she thought otherwise over the years and the thought manifested into her world.

Later in school, she moved in to my hostel. I was a middle class citizen and i made money from some stuff. I had a girlfriend and when i noticed she was getting jealous, i knew it could get pretty bad so i told my girlfriend to shade more light of love on her. I was everyday walking her to her department before going to mine and sometimes i would stay all through with her. Yeah, i got her hooked up with drinking and hanging out later on until she met a guy that i approved off. To cut the long story short, she broke free at last though she died from an accident clash later on.

The story up there is quite long dear. But you see, you are not alone. A lot of people out there are facing something similar and faking smile just to get on. I know a beautiful girl from a rich background(Angela) that committed suicide because she though her boyfriend cheated on her ....turned out, the guy was with his cousin.

Please don't die okay. If you do, i will go after you and spank you....Am serious

Just email me let talk okay?.... newworldltd123@gmail.com

4 Likes

Re: . by 24kmagic: 11:42am On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
It's not like I haven't tried. I promise I have tried and tried for months to fight back. Few days ago I was happy. The happiest I've been in a long time but then something just changed. Like something came inside of me and has refused to leave. This constant tiredness and sadness. I try not to think at all but my thoughts are yelling at me and I can't shut them up. It's not as easy as you think. It's a battle that can't be won cuz I already lost a long time ago.

No dear, you didn't lose.
In fact, you actually won by speaking out.

I don't know the problem but believe me I've been there.
I just can't post it on nairaland cos I won't be able to delete it.

Whatever it is, stay strong.
Remember, nobody holds the key to your happiness.

Not your dad, mum, siblings, boyfriend, husband, friends, colleagues, boss and yes, not even God.

Now shake that evil feeling and start over.

You might say it's too late to do it, but is it too late to try?

Just SHAKE IT OFF!

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 10, 2019
I'm lost of words. I'm almost never speechless but right now my heart is too full to let my mouth speak. I've received so much love from random strangers. I never would have thought that there was so much love in the world.
Thank you everyone who has shown me love and has been so supportive.
When I am able to cordinate my thoughts and feelings, I would post a proper appreciation on nairaland to all those who care about me. Until then.....thank you.

8 Likes

Re: . by Cashmanbreeze: 1:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
I'm lost of words. I'm almost never speechless but right now my heart is too full to let my mouth speak. I've received so much love from random strangers. I never would have thought that there was so much love in the world.
When I am able to cordinate my thoughts and feelings, I would post a proper appreciation on nairaland to all those who care about me. Until then.....thank you.

I was really looking forward to your response.
It's a continuous process, you'd have to talk to people all the time else the depression creeps back in again.
If you'd drop your no,, people can talk to you. Talking about it makes it easier.

You are not alone and shouldn't be alone.

2 Likes

Re: . by nnamdiosu(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
It's not like I haven't tried. I promise I have tried and tried for months to fight back. Few days ago I was happy. The happiest I've been in a long time but then something just changed. Like something came inside of me and has refused to leave. This constant tiredness and sadness. I try not to think at all but my thoughts are yelling at me and I can't shut them up. It's not as easy as you think. It's a battle that can't be won cuz I already lost a long time ago.

Can I have your phone number
Re: . by jessysparkles(f): 4:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
for being able to speak out, you have conquered already jennifer....life is just in phases,you will scale through this and come out stronger. suicide is never an option. Always pray to God and speak positively to yourself

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
that's a demon, don't let him take hold of you!! Rebuke it out of you, rebuke it in the name of Jesus, and determine to be happy every moment at everyday of your life. People face more terrible things, yours is not the worst I tell you.

You are angry you have late puberty
You are angry your parent doesn't accept you.
This third part is quite hilarious and which is
You are angry that you are born in Nigeria grin
Hahahahahaah!!
Would you have prefer to be born in Somalia or Eritrea lolz! Ohh you want to be born in US, England lolz grin
You see, life is what we make out of it, push but don't kill ursef. In one way or the other you can always survive, just open ur minds to possibilities!

2 Likes

Re: . by Diligent1(f): 7:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
I'm sorry if I'm bothering you but I just want to know that I did all I could. If this doesn't work then I guess i can finally be free.
I've been battling depression for a long time now and I've had series of suicidal thoughts. Last night I took enough aspirin pills to kill me but I woke up this morning and I was so angry and frustrated that my feelings went numb. I am tired. Then I thought maybe God kept me alive for a reason but I still can't think of any reason yet. I am scared to die but scared to live too and that's why I need help. I've been too tired to think of any other way to kill myself so right now I'm just trying to survive.
I still hope the aspirin pills would work later and kill me cuz I'm sure that I took enough to kill me and I'm still surprised I'm still living.
Please don't think of killing yourself, it is a sin and if you die, there is no assurance that there will be peace after life.
I have been in bad situations many times but life continues, you are still young and there are beautiful things that will happen to you in future which you don't know now. Please don't take wrong decisions.
There was a time my husband married another wife and we had nothing even to feed was difficult, it was not up to 2 years he impregnate another one during this period, I ran to my mother, she used to disgrace me outside the house that is she my husband that I should go back to where I come from, it was like I didn't have a husband and parents and I did not think of killing myself. Life goes on, please don't take life too serious

2 Likes

Re: . by Diligent1(f): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
Please I want to tell you something, go out and learn a skill, it might be on graphic designs, how to make cake from there you will meet new people and I will repeat don't take life too serious. I have experience where people abuse me that I don't eat good food, my mum would disgrace me infront of people, whenever I am in bad situation, my husband will laugh loudly for me to see that he doesn't care. If I caĺl my siblings, they will not pick calls and with all these I didn't think of commiting suicide .
Please, go to pharmacy, there are some drugs they can give you that will change your mood and also do regular exercise.
People will continue to offend you, don't take them serious they are not your God, they don't know what the future holds for you, why are you bothered?

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 8:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:

I'm truly sorry you feel this way Jennifer. Please don't hurt yourself. Hold on to the end. This too will pass.
Try to get into school, make new friends with good people and reduce contact with your family as much as possible. You'll be fine

Everything will be ok
Re: . by extremelygolden: 8:57pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:

No one would miss me. I planned it out very well. I stopped talking to my friends for months now so they don't even remember me, my parents have three children that they actually love, two girls and a boy, it's a perfect family without me.
I've given my journal to a trusted friend and I'm sure she'll keep it well and I've passed my WAEC, neco and post UTME exams so I've repaid my parents for all the money they used to educate me.
Also I'm introverted so I don't have much people who would miss my presence. Now is the perfect time to leave but my aspirins didn't work and I'm just really tired even too tired to die.

Please I need your phone number. Can you give it to me, please?
Re: . by extremelygolden: 9:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:

Yes darling, we love you and if you will permit, most of us will still like to extend our hands of friendship to you through phone calls.

How can our online younger sister wants to leave us? Not good nah.

Just know we're here for you, ok? And if you drop your phone number, it will enable us check on you at intervals.

Be good, ok? And don't you ever think of breaking our hearts.

Hugs, my dear.

2 Likes

Re: . by extremelygolden: 9:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:

My dear, let's do therefinerofsilver@gmail.com
Hope you understand?

1 Like

Re: . by 4tunebest(f): 10:24pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:

You are destined to be great. Interestingly the greatness is closer than you think and will happen suddenly and unexpectedly. You can't see this fast approaching greatness 'cos you are human. It is glaring in the spirit realm hence spiritual forces have been assigned to ensure you are downcasted so as not to see or experience the pleasant surprises ahead of you. That is the spirit that has come inside of you and refused to leave.

Take it from someone speaking from practical experience, not head knowledge
Re: . by Abcruz(m): 11:39pm On Sep 10, 2019
Jennifer129:
I won't say it has a cause but I can tell you a few things that led to my depression. I've always been a good student, among the top 3 in the class but everyday I wish I could go back and be a normal average student. The pressure from everyone is too much!!
I'm like an outsider in my own home. I was about 5 years old when I thought I was adopted. My parents have told me many times how I don't act like any of them.
I was bullied in school cuz I had late puberty and It killed my confidence.
I never want to love again cuz I never want to get heartbroken again.
Everytime I can't stop thinking about my future and how all my efforts would be wasted just because I was born in Nigeria.
I'm sorry but I find it hard to answer this question without making it lenghty so I would just stop now and let you know that depression is never really caused by a single thing but a lot of things that just keeps filling your cup it fills and overflow and then you find yourself drowning in sadness and pain.
I'm sorry this is lengthy

Do not let the enemy steal your joy Jennifer because you have a colorful future ahead and those who neglected you will come to the brightness of your rising.

That evil force controlling your mood is a liar. He'll remind you again of your struggles. He's an expert in our weaknesses, and whispers lies of defeat. Making us feel all alone. Heaping on condemnation, guilt, and shame.

He hisses our way, words straight from the pit, “You’ll never change,” “You’ll never get past what you did," “You’ll never be able to forgive,” “You’ll never be loved, "you're too awkward"..."
But this is what your creator says to you today:

“‘Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed,’ says the Lord, who has compassion on you.
Isaiah 54:10

1 Like

Re: . by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 11, 2019
Few days ago I never would have thought there was so much love out there for me. To have all this love come from strangers who barely know me gives me faith in humanity. I'm not always suicidal or depressed. During the day I'm actually quite okay but as the sun goes down I gradually loose my emotions.... nocturnal depression I guess.
Ever since I came out on nairaland about my problems I've been getting messages and emails from people I do not know, offering me help and support and ever since then I've gone to bed as happy as I can be.
I read through all the replies and I would like to thank desoul 2004, kehinde41, ziel20, akwaetitibabe, olagift, temitope, Calgary friend, tosinex, 4tunebest, work harder, diligent1, cashmanbreeze, nnamdiosu, seyenko and all those who reached out to me by email.
In a special way I would like to thank extremelygolden, 24kmagic, wanderrerr, ladysarah, missjo, jessysparkles, loveyoulord, ottiz, mursz and ahnie. Your kind words really made me quite emotional and filled me with hope and love.

Some amazing people have gone out of their way to help me and have insipred me with wonderful advice. Knowing that people like them exist has given me assurance that life is not as ugly as I thought. Life is actually quite beautiful. Thank you for all your love and support my dear friends, Boyo, Abiola, Sunday and Jamila. You are all wonderful people.

I wish I could open up my heart so you guys can look inside because as much as I have tried, words cannot fully express my gratitude towards all of you guys on nairaland.

I love you fam.

12 Likes

Re: . by ahnie: 7:00am On Sep 11, 2019
Jennifer129:
Few days ago I never would have thought there was so much love out there for me. To have all this love come from strangers who barely know me gives me faith in humanity. I'm not always suicidal or depressed. During the day I'm actually quite okay but as the sun goes down I gradually loose my emotions.... nocturnal depression I guess.
Ever since I came out on nairaland about my problems I've been getting messages and emails from people I do not know, offering me help and support and ever since then I've gone to bed as happy as I can be.
I read through all the replies and I would like to thank desoul 2004, kehinde41, ziel20, akwaetitibabe, olagift, temitope, Calgary friend, tosinex, 4tunebest, work harder, diligent1, cashmanbreeze, nnamdiosu, seyenko and all those who reached out to me by email.
In a special way I would like to thank extremelygolden, 24kmagic, wanderrerr, ladysarah, missjo, jessysparkles, loveyoulord, ottiz, mursz and ahnie. Your kind words really made me quite emotional and filled me with hope and love.

Some amazing people have gone out of their way to help me and have insipred me with wonderful advice. Knowing that people like them exist has given me assurance that life is not as ugly as I thought. Life is actually quite beautiful. Thank you for all your love and support my dear friends, Boyo, Abiola, Sunday and Jamila. You are all wonderful people.

I wish I could open up my heart so you guys can look inside because as much as I have tried, words cannot fully express my gratitude towards all of you guys on nairaland.

I love you fam.
This brought tears to my eyes....thanks to all that reached out to our smallie Jennifer129
This world z a better place...the show of love in this family section z amazing!

Mama ziino greets!

3 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 11, 2019
I know I never contributed but I must pick out one positive about you. You write SO well.
You can go into creative writing. Write about your thoughts, your imaginations, give them flesh and you can see your skill blossom. Shalom!

2 Likes

Re: . by workharder(m): 10:34am On Sep 11, 2019
Jennifer129:

I love you fam.
Welcome
Re: . by ahnie: 12:41pm On Sep 11, 2019
Hello tesco5050 my nairaland mail does not function...you cud give me a mention.

Thanks!
Re: . by extremelygolden: 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
Sorry Workharder. The mention was meant for my darling sister, Jennifer.
Re: . by extremelygolden: 1:45pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jennifer129:

I love you fam.

Sweetheart, how are you feeling today? Hope much better?

The extremelygolden email address has been inaccessible since last year and I don't know why. That's why I opted to giving you an alternative email address.

Kindly keep in touch, ok?
Re: . by Ziel20: 1:58pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jennifer129:

I love you fam.

Truth is ever since u made that revelation about taking your life, I kept praying you find a reason to strive on and have faith with life. Am glad you found it. Prayers answered.

I'm happy you have your peace. Now think of a way to fight the nocturnal depression. Inactivity at night might do the trick. Instead of being awake, give yourself enough sleep. And in cases where u can't get some sleep, try music. Music heals the mind and soul trust me.

I pray u become better and move on to achieve your dreams in life. There's still much to live for.

Peace smiley

2 Likes

Re: . by Amopeekun(f): 6:06pm On Sep 11, 2019
I actually just saw this and i am extremely happy to be a part of this family. There isn't anything to add to all the wonderful 'gifts' up there but to pray to God to bless everyone for their hearts. Jennifer dear, please continue to hold on. A few more years from now, you will actually look back and smile. Love you sis. It is good here!
Re: . by Mursz: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Jennifer129:
Few days ago I never would have thought there was so much love out there for me.

I love you fam.

Awwwn, we love you ma’am. Come lemme give u a hug. smiley

Stay positive ok, its a hard way but its the only way.
Re: . by OlawaleBammie: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2019
Jennifer129:

pls if i may ask, why did u want to kill urself in d first place
Re: . by Geminita: 5:20pm On Sep 14, 2019
rawitools:
Just finished reading a thread about children of 80s vs now. This is a clear example all those things you wrote there are those once worth dying for ? See thank your God you still have parents thank your God you have brother and sisters Thank him for you can still open your mouth and eat hold phone and type this rubbish. Infact I no fit yarn I de para.

Please don't be judgemental.. You have no idea about how she is feeling.. If you can't help just read and pass.. I'm sorry

1 Like

Re: . by prince2pac(m): 9:06pm On Sep 14, 2019
Jennifer129:
I won't say it has a cause but I can tell you a few things that led to my depression. I've always been a good student, among the top 3 in the class but everyday I wish I could go back and be a normal average student. The pressure from everyone is too much!!
I'm like an outsider in my own home. I was about 5 years old when I thought I was adopted. My parents have told me many times how I don't act like any of them.
I was bullied in school cuz I had late puberty and It killed my confidence.
I never want to love again cuz I never want to get heartbroken again.
Everytime I can't stop thinking about my future and how all my efforts would be wasted just because I was born in Nigeria.
I'm sorry but I find it hard to answer this question without making it lenghty so I would just stop now and let you know that depression is never really caused by a single thing but a lot of things that just keeps filling your cup it fills and overflow and then you find yourself drowning in sadness and pain.
I'm sorry this is lengthy

embarassed embarassed embarassed

I have been in such situation before and I can tell im still battling with it.. My Dear calm down.. I have gone as far as sending my priest messages about my suicidal thought... We all all have dreams to be bigger, better and happier. But sometimes the people around us try to push us.. I have always wanted to be normal... Let your dreams lead you... Be happy... Live free....

I am not a good talker.... but suicide is never an option.. stay strong... if you need someone to talk to, Im Here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would U Accept Him Back / Relocating To Ph / The Disadvantages Of Marrying A Virgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.