Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,807 members, 7,817,344 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom (14276 Views)

Pictures Of Governor Samuel Ortom At TICAD7 / Dino Melaye: "Nigerians Have Been Printing Posters For Me, I've Not Done Any" / Akin Adesina: I’m Ashamed Of Nigeria’s 4,500MW Of Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Tersorio(m): 1:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
Ortom is the worst punishment/calamity to ever before any state in this country. Nothing good can come out of him. All he does is quote scriptures to deceive Benue people.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Tersorio(m): 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
Austineva:
His own is even better say he admits that he is wrong and shameful.will APC government ever agreed that they are wrong for their atrocities? Nigeria is a zoo. APC will never lead this country again
He only accepted because he has no choice. These senior citizens have been sleeping at the government house gate for a week now.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Tundeobama(m): 1:56pm On Sep 10, 2019
I supply pant trousers for male for 1500 and less in wholesale purchase. The bands are top Europe designers
Any colour kindly DM 08132941730,08085020858
Customers outside Lagos will pay a token for delivery
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by drskyfly007(m): 2:02pm On Sep 10, 2019
I think this is a nice way to protest...Take ur mats and occupy government house..

Abia pensioners should copy this style and I believe the governor will pay out of shame...

No governor can stand the shame of old people lying on mats and protesting in front of government house.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Omolomo4eva(m): 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2019
but u r nt ashamed 2 pay yasef
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Tersorio(m): 4:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
The Pensioners sleeping at the gate have been locked inside and denied access to food and water. That is the governors stractegy to do away with the pensioners.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by webngnews: 4:38pm On Sep 10, 2019
Then resign if you really are
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Austineva(m): 5:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
Tersorio:

He only accepted because he has no choice. These senior citizens have been sleeping at the government house gate for a week now.
hmm. I tire for dis country o
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by xjiggy: 6:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
All these governors building flyovers to nowhere instead of paying workers and pensioners.... as if it's the flyover that voted for them
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by orisa37: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
GidifeedNews:
Benue State Governor, Samuel Ortom has stated that he’s ashamed that he has not been able to pay pensioners their pension money.

The state pensioners have have refused to vacate the entrance to the Government House in Makurdi despite the Governor’s advice.

Pensioners of the state have last week moved to the entrance of the Government House, sleeping on mats vowing to occupy the seat of power until their pensions and gratuities amounting to N25billion are paid as they claim they have not been paid for 25 months.

Governor Ortom while addressing the pensioners said: “I’m ashamed that my government has been unable to meet its financial obligation to the pensioners, who are senior citizens”.

The Governor who describe the situation as sad promise to address to the pensioners plight noting that he met about N17billion as gratuity and N34billion as pension arrears when he took over the mantle of leadership, but has reduced the amount before the state found itself in a difficult financial situation.

However, he called for understanding from the pensioners adding that his administration has taken steps to address the problems through domestication of pension law to ease their plight.

Ortom noted that as a palliative measure, he has obtained a bank overdraft of N611 million, adding that “between Monday and Tuesday the pensioners will be paid two- month pensions.”

https://thenationonlineng.net/im-ashamed-of-not-paying-pensioners-says-ortom/amp/

Please pay them now.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by veddah(m): 7:49pm On Sep 10, 2019
Werey man see hin head like water yam grin
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by F117nighthawk: 8:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
But u have been able to pay yourself all salaries and benefits accrued to u abi
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by okadoo: 8:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
What are you still doing in the office? You have no shame at all. You should be kicked out of that office. Ortom is a total failure.
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by AbuAeesha: 10:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
plain wickedness,wen ur own family are living in wealth, while the family of those pensioners ....
Re: I’m Ashamed That I've Not Been Able To Pay Pensioners - Governor, Samuel Ortom by Eraserubbish(m): 7:40am On Sep 21, 2019
[s][/s]
anyimontana:
I'm ashamed that you are ashamed...

Pls remind me why you r still in power?

See as person face be like cocoyam

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Nigerians Are Angry With Buhari By Eddy Odivwri / Ekiti: PDP Senators, Governors beg Senator Olujimi Not To Leave PDP / I Have No Regret Announcing Binani As Adamawa Gov-Elect – Suspended REC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.