Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,690 members, 7,820,400 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:16 PM

Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons (1988 Views)

Help With Slide Show Reading Fro A Source Directory / How To Create A Slide Show / How Do I Create Slide Show On A Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by jimtosam: 4:12pm On Oct 28, 2010
Hi guys,
Can someone help me create Javascript slide show with navigation buttons.Even if it's going to cost me something,i'm gonna pay.Moreso,I shall be happy if the person can creat banners.
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by DualCore1: 4:20pm On Oct 28, 2010
When you say slideshow with navigation are you saying you want a slideshow that has a navigation button?  or they are two different things.
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 28, 2010
If its an image slideshow, you may want one with smaller images as the navigation to open up the bigger one!
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by ogzille(m): 6:02pm On Oct 28, 2010
Whats the details of what you need? A gallery? You can hit me up with the details: info@bestvalueproviders.com
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by jimtosam: 8:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
I really appreciate you guys in nairaland.What I mean is that,I want to create a slide show(Banner slide show).It will have 1234 navigation button below it like the one in www.thepottershouse.com.All I know is dreamweaver.Please help me out and tell me how to attach it to my dreamweaver project.

Thanks
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by Enquirer: 3:33am On Nov 01, 2010
I think I know what you're talking about. The effect you want can be created using Dreamweaver Spry effects. For that you need to be running at least Dreamweaver CS4. Next just get and review Dreamweaver CS4 essential training video (Lynda.com). Note that Spry effects is just a proprietary version of the popular Jquery javascript library integrated into Dreamweaver by Adobe. So you can also do the same thing by learning Jquery.
Re: Someone To Create Javascript Slide Show With Navigation Buttons by yawatide(f): 10:29am On Nov 01, 2010
To make things less "scary", just either:

1) use javascript to change the source of the present image, using onmouseout and onmouseover. The code for this is pretty straightforward. After you get the basics down, you can venture into the world of sprites, spry, etc.

2) use pure css by changing the background image of your anchor tag on hover (a:hover)

I personally would prefer #2 - cross-browser, SEO-friendly and takes care of situations where javascript is disabled.

Good luck!

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Tools *rdp,mailer,cc,webmail,leads Etc / Request Any Blogger Or Wordpress Theme And Get It Free / Message For Sunnewsonline.com Webmaster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.