Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,058 members, 7,821,636 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models (1647 Views)

Apple Unveils Iphone 15 And Iphone 15 Plus (Specifications & Prices) / Iphone 11, Iphone 11 Pro & Iphone 11 Pro Max: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone 11 / Iphone XS, Iphone XS Max & Iphone XR: Apple Unveils Three New Iphone Xs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by echepops(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
Apple unveiled the iPhone 11, a new iPad and smartwatch models at a closely watched media event on Tuesday.
The company unveiled a new seventh generation iPad at the event Tuesday, with a larger 10.2-inch retina display and a price tag starting at $329. The previous model had a 9.7-inch screen.

It also announced the Apple Watch Series 5, an updated version of its smartwatch with an always-on display. With this feature, the watch face is always visible, rather than requiring the user to raise his or her wrist. There will be watch models available in titanium and ceramic.

The Series 5 watch starts at $399, or $499 with cellular. The Series 3, an earlier version, will now retail for just $199.

Apple (AAPL) is expected to unveil its latest iPhone lineup at an event Tuesday, which is taking place in its Cupertino, California, headquarters. The new lineup will reportedly include the iPhone 11 Pro, the iPhone 11 Pro Max and the iPhone 11, replacing the XS, XS Max and XR models. None of these devices are expected to look radically different from those released last year.

Apple kicked the event by focusing on its premium subscription services, a product area it is increasingly betting on to grow revenue and offset sales declines in its core iPhone business.

Apple unveiled pricing and additional details for Apple Arcade, its gaming subscription product, and Apple TV+, a new streaming service for original shows and movies. Apple Arcade and Apple TV+ will each cost $4.99 a month.

At a time when some of its competitors are launching innovative but riskier concepts, such as Samsung's foldable smartphone and its two 5G devices, Apple is expected to stay the course. That, too, may be risky. The iPhone business — still Apple's single biggest moneymaker — has been lackluster at best of late. Revenue from iPhone sales has declined by double-digit percentages in recent quarters.

The iPhones won't be the only new products on display Tuesday. Apple could also announce updates to other hardware products, including the Apple Watch, iPad and MacBooks.

Source: https://stephenechefu..com/2019/09/appleevent-apple-unveils-iphone11-new.html?m=0

lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by uzohrome(m): 7:33pm On Sep 10, 2019
Apple is the best. Dishing out cute devices.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by drips8(m): 8:03pm On Sep 10, 2019
grin

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Nobody: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Just an old unfunny joke. IPhone 11 isn't even in anyway expensive
drips8:
grin

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Kingkun69(m): 8:19pm On Sep 10, 2019
drips8:
grin
this is the same joke every yr it's stale now

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by FirstSon01: 8:26pm On Sep 10, 2019
To me though, the iPhone 11 looks uglier than it's predecessors. But what do I know

4 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:40pm On Sep 10, 2019
uzohrome:
Apple is the best. Dishing out cute devices.

Biko how is apple the best
The biggest upgrade of this 11 to Xsmax is addition of the ultra wide angle camera, which phonemakers like LG already had nearly 3 year ago...

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Typhoonsbane: 8:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
Not going to be upgrading this year,this is the same Xs Max with an extra camera.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Innoxxacs: 8:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Biko how is apple the best
The biggest upgrade of this 11 to Xsmax is addition of the ultra wide angle camera, which phonemakers like LG already had nearly 3 year ago...
true! and the dedicated night sight camera... on the pixel from time immemorial. iofficially welcome iPhone (apple) to 2012

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Daviddson(m): 9:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
This design is not cool at all.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Nobody: 9:13pm On Sep 10, 2019
Innoxxacs:
true! and the dedicated night sight camera... on the pixel from time immemorial. iofficially welcome iPhone (apple) to 2012
Apple might be the baba go slow in smartphone industry but they are still the only phone maker I can trust with a thousand dollars for a phone. Which of those plenty phones with all their plenty plenty innovations is still relevant after 2 years? Mention a single android phone from ordinary last year that can stand iPhone x of two years ago? Android only market phones with gimmicks and innovations that will be forgotten after 3 months

4 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:21pm On Sep 10, 2019
lilbest4:
Apple might be the baba go slow in smartphone industry but they are still the only phone maker I can trust with a thousand dollars for a phone. Which of those plenty phones with all their plenty plenty innovations is still relevant after 2 years? Mention a single android phone from ordinary last year that can stand iPhone x of two years ago? Android only market phones with gimmicks and innovations that will be forgotten after 3 months
Lol, did you say "innovation that will be forgotten in months"
Huawei started reverse wireless charging, Samsung copied and rebranded it as "Wireless power share" guess what??
Your beloved iPhone 11 will have this feature...
I wonder how it is forgotten if its imitated by the "leaders of the industry"!!

7 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Innoxxacs: 9:23pm On Sep 10, 2019
lilbest4:
google pixel 2xl from 2017 is a better buy(camera) for me
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by HeyCorleone(m): 10:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
lilbest4:

IPHONE wasn't the first to do anything you. Not fingerprint, not the notch, nothing.

This iPhone 11 is basically iPhone X on little steroids. They spent so much time on camera, they didn't upgrade the design. When every other flagship is going for 100% full display, they still retained the notch. Wack. Bad rear camera design. How many movies have they shot with the iPhone since its camera is so impressive?

4 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Eazie351(m): 11:17pm On Sep 10, 2019
ah, some cunts will suffer. walai tahlai mad ppl go plenty
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Biritiko: 1:34am On Sep 11, 2019
If this was an android thread, you wouldn’t see a single iPhone user say trash about android.
But, come see any iPhone or Apple thread and see how fandroids will hijack the thread to wail as much as they can .
It’s a pity .
I wasn’t bitter towards other brand users like this when I was using android
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by HeyCorleone(m): 2:19am On Sep 11, 2019
Biritiko:
If this was an android thread, you wouldn’t see a single iPhone user say trash about android.
But, come see any iPhone or Apple thread and see how fandroids will hijack the thread to wail as much as they can .
It’s a pity .
I wasn’t bitter towards other brand users like this when I was using android

Bitterness? Because Apple has, once again, refused to give people value for their money, you call that bitterness? Wow

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Biritiko: 2:31am On Sep 11, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Bitterness? Because Apple has, once again, refused to give people value for their money, you call that bitterness? Wow
Ok
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 11, 2019
HeyCorleone:

IPHONE wasn't the first to do anything you. Not fingerprint, not the notch, nothing.

This iPhone 11 is basically iPhone X on little steroids. They spent so much time on camera, they didn't upgrade the design. When every other flagship is going for 100% full display, they still retained the notch. Wack. Bad rear camera design. How many movies have they shot with the iPhone since its camera is so impressive?
I'm asking you which phone from last is close to 2 years old iPhone x in terms of value. Normally I'm a big fan of Huawei but I can only pay $1k on an iPhone
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by HeyCorleone(m): 7:29am On Sep 11, 2019
lilbest4:
I'm asking you which phone from last is close to 2 years old iPhone x in terms of value. Normally I'm a big fan of Huawei but I can only pay $1k on an iPhone

So that's the only thing? Value?

People who bought the Note 8 or even S8 or Pixel 2 are not in a hurry to change it. The phone still tops the chart in certain aspects today.

If that isn't value, I don't know what is.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Nobody: 7:43am On Sep 11, 2019
Lmao s8 and note 8 are pure shïts now even s9 isn't even close to iPhone x in anything
HeyCorleone:

So that's the only thing? Value?

People who bought the Note 8 or even S8 or Pixel 2 are not in a hurry to change it. The phone still tops the chart in certain aspects today.

If that isn't value, I don't know what is.
Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by HeyCorleone(m): 7:51am On Sep 11, 2019
lilbest4:
Lmao s8 and note 8 are pure shïts now even s9 isn't even close to iPhone x in anything

Pure shit in what sense?

We are not kids here. We should speak based on functionality.

Does the S8 lag? Has the camera quality deteriorated? Is the display outdated? Those are things we should view. What 2019 challenge can the 2017 phone not handle?

If anything, iPhone 11 is even outdated because of the notch. In a year when we are seeing phones with almost 100% screen to body ratio, you are giving us a useless notch. No underscreen fingerprint. No 5G. Just cameras that do not even matter on the long run, because users of even the iPhone 11 pro max would never use the phone for a legit photoshoot, and would rather hire a photographer, who may even come with a cheaper camera gear.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 11, 2019
HeyCorleone:

Pure shit in what sense?

We are not kids here. We should speak based on functionality.

Does the S8 lag? Has the camera quality deteriorated? Is the display outdated? Those are things we should view. What 2019 challenge can the 2017 phone not handle?

If anything, iPhone 11 is even outdated because of the notch. In a year when we are seeing phones with almost 100% screen to body ratio, you are giving us a useless notch. No underscreen fingerprint. No 5G. Just cameras that do not even matter on the long run, because users of even the iPhone 11 pro max would never use the phone for a legit photoshoot, and would rather hire a photographer, who may even come with a cheaper camera gear.
Yea s8 is pure shiit now even s9 is shit. Every flagship phone from 2 years ago can still handle all 2019 task so that's actually baseless. If you bought s8 2 years ago for $1k and I paid the same $1k for my iPhone x that same period and we both look at these two phones now and look back at when we bought them are you telling me you won't realise the phone you are holding is shiit? Even s10 currently has the same value as iPhone x. Why will a sane human being spend a huge sum on a phone that will drop 40% value in less than 4 months?
Forget all the pop up cameras and punch hole I prefer my notch with face ID to those gimmicks. I hate in display fingerprint because I also use a Samsung A70. The effort to pick up the phone and place your finger on the screen is such a daunting task I'd rather just look it. If notch was so bad, why did everyone copy it? Mate 30 Pro is coming with a notch, pixel is coming with a complete forehead, any phone that will have a secure face unlock must have a notch.

1 Like

Re: Apple Unveils Iphone11, New Ipad, Apple Watch Models by calddon(m): 10:37am On Sep 11, 2019
You basically don't need a new phone, manufacturers know this and that's why they utilize the power of advert to the last.

Look at Tecno, they have been busy modifying the cosmetics of their phone with basically the same technical internals.

Me a m always happy when u hear a new phone from a prominent manufacturer has been launched, it will mean ill get the previous models for more than half the price.

Look at jerryRig on YouTube, he still uses his more than 2year old Sami S8 as a daily driver despite having access to the latest and best smartphones sometimes even before they get launched.

Going after the latest smartphones isn't smart.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

TECNO Camon 12 Pro: 3 Cool Features Of Hios 5.5!!! / USA Used Iphone 7plus 256gb / Quick Fix For Screen Ink?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.