Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,771 members, 7,831,478 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

A History Class - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A History Class (318 Views)

Bachelors Grove Cemetery: A History Of Hauntings And Serenity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A History Class by Sezioha(m): 7:44pm On Sep 10, 2019
I beamed smiles as I entered the class. The students were already seated, waiting eagerly for what I was about to reveal to them. I'd warned them that anyone who wasn't in class would lose ten marks in the final exams. Of course, I wouldn't do that, but if you didn't say such things from time to time, Nigerian students wouldn't take you serious.

Just as expected, the stuffy lecture hall was full to the brim, with the majority of the students probably coming to my history class for the first time this semester. I let out a low chuckle, they were going to be dazzled by the information I was going to share.

"Good morning class," I greeted them as I took the podium and set up the microphone I normally used for classes.

"Good morning sir," they echoed. Most of them had already tuned me out. The serious ones, those who were ready to jot down my every word were already fixated on my lips. I smiled again, this wasn't going to be interesting.

"Our class today is going to be on a forgotten Egyptian religion, Atenism. More importantly, I'll tell you how that religion birthed the Igbo tribe," I said, looking at much faces as I tried to ascertain how they would take it.

"But sir—" I expected her to say something. Chiamaka was among the serious ones, the ones who even corrected lecturers when they made mistakes. "—that topic isn't in our syllabus."

"Yes, it isn't. But need I remind you that I am the one who teaches the course, and I can bring a topic that I feel is of relevance to you?"

Read more on:

https://www.thezenpens.com/2019/09/10/a-history-class/

(1) (Reply)

puppets of his show / Freelancing Work / Writer Rejection: 7 Reasons Why Publishers Reject Manuscripts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.