Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,149 members, 7,815,022 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim (1979 Views)

New Trailer Shows James Bond Using Headlight-popping Machine Gun On The Aston / 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan SUV Recalled Due To Dim Brake Lights / 5 Times You Should Dim The Headlights Of Your Car – VIS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by AutoJoshNG: 8:43pm On Sep 10, 2019

Headlights are a very essential component of your car. It helps you see where you’re going when visibility is poor. It also helps alert other drivers of your presence. If your headlights seem dim, there may actually be an underlying problem that needs to be corrected.

Below are 4 reasons why your headlight is dim

1. Bad Bulb:

The most likely cause of a dim headlight is a bad bulb. Headlights don’t blow out, they dim over time, and rarely do both headlights dim at the same rate.

2. Bad Ground:

A bad ground can result in lower than required voltage being delivered to your headlight, which has a particularly pronounced effect on halogen lights. This can be caused by corroded bulb terminals, or a loose or broken wire. Consider wire brushing the terminals or replacing the bulb.

3. Bad Alternator:

Failing alternator is another common reason you may see dim headlights. If you notice that the lights brighten and dim as the engine revs up and down, the alternator should be checked immediately.

4. Dirty Lens:

Many times, headlight lenses can develop leaks, which can cause condensation to form on the inside of the plastic. This water collects dust, which over time dims the light.

Source: https://autojosh.com/4-reasons-headlight-dim/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by mejai(m): 8:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
Bad Eyes grin
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by tillaman(m): 8:47pm On Sep 10, 2019
wink
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by EgunMogaji2: 4:14am On Sep 11, 2019
For older vehicles, like my Subaru Libero, introducing a relay into the headlight wiring loom will work wonders to bring the headlight up to standard.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by Nobody: 6:21am On Sep 11, 2019
EgunMogaji2:
For older vehicles, like my Subaru Libero, introducing a relay into the headlight wiring loom will work wonders to bring the headlight up to standard.
How sah?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by EgunMogaji2: 8:05am On Sep 11, 2019
Smartchoiice:

How sah?

With a relay you would bring power directly from the battery terminal (most if the time). You’ll just be using the headlight switch as a trigger to turn it on and off.
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by FrankLampard: 9:18am On Feb 17, 2021
I noticed this issue on my new Toks Camry 011

Can you suggest a fix?
Re: 4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim by Inception(m): 10:31am On Feb 17, 2021
i have not heard from AutoJosh for a while now

(1) (Reply)

Ford Explorer Xlt 02-04 / Advise On Purchase Of Skoda Felicia 1998 Model Car For 150k / SIENNA; Which Year Model Is The Most Rugged & Easiest To Maintain? Pls Advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.