Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,676 members, 7,816,777 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. (1067 Views)

Why EFCC Is Prosecuting Naira Marley – Magu / Three Yahoo Boys Arrested After Attempting To Use Girlfriends For Ritual / 12 Yahoo Boys Arrested By EFCC At Club 57 Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by tecamartinez: 9:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
I read with much disdain the press release of EFCC blowing their trumpet about the success of the collaboration with FBI on the fight against Cyber crime.

It's such a shame that the last hope of our country in dealing a final blow on the cyber crime menace is unfortunately aiding and abating these fraudsters.

Most of those arrested are being coerced to part with millions of naira in order to regain their freedom, most of those you see on the internet are the ones that delayed paying the bribe, even when they get to publish their mugshots online, many still regain their freedom after raising the amount requested.

Sometime this year, they raided my neighborhood in Lagos and arrested some yahooboys, to my surprise within a few days many of them were released, after i inquired I found out that they paid millions of naira to regain their freedom. Few days later they published mugshots of some and in less that a month those ones also came back. I heard this happens nationwide.

This extortion increases the level of desperation and these boys will only resort to unimaginable crimes in order to keep buying their freedom and living large.

Another question is, how about the ones convicted, why dont the government come up with rehabilitation programs like skill empowerment schemes for them?, what next do they expect these boys to do after serving their normal 6 months, 1 year sentence?

Share your views if you have heard about such incidents.

cc Lalasticlala , Seun , Mynd44
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by NwaAroOkeigbo(m): 9:29pm On Sep 10, 2019
What do you expect from a pack of hopeless and dysfunctional stray dogs?!

3 Likes

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by Hedonisco: 9:45pm On Sep 10, 2019
This is not news. That's why I spit with disgust at the faces of those fools here who are quick to praise the EFCC, SARS, and the other extorters for doing a 'great job' of reforming Nigeria's rotten society.

1 Like

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by Paulynez(m): 9:55pm On Sep 10, 2019
This was what Naira Marley meant when he said he couldn't wait for the real yahoo Boys to be revealed.

las las these EFCC guys are the real scammers

4 Likes

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by tecamartinez: 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2019
Paulynez:
This was what Naira Marley meant when he said he couldn't wait for the real yahoo Boys to be revealed.

las las these EFCC guys are the real scammers

Hedonisco:
This is not news. That's why I spit with disgust at the faces of those fools here who are quick to praise the EFCC, SARS, and the other extorters for doing a 'great job' of reforming Nigeria's rotten society.

I am truly ashamed to be a Nigerian, i wonder how this cyber crime will stop if these EFCC operatives are now collecting bribes.
We are really going nowhere as a nation!

2 Likes

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by LesaSid: 10:07pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hedonisco:

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by Hedonisco: 10:15pm On Sep 10, 2019
tecamartinez:

I am truly ashamed to be a Nigerian, i wonder how this cyber crime will stop if these EFCC operatives are now collecting bribes.
We are really going nowhere as a nation!
The problem is that many of you are too starry eyed and inexperienced. Most people don't know Jack about the reality of life in Nigeria... What goes on behind the news, behind the scenes.

In a country where even armed robbers and murderers find their way out of detention soon after arrest. How much less 'ordinary' Internet fraudsters who even have no complainants for that matter (most were arrested due to bad belle suspicion and snitchiing, without prior evidence).

EFCC operatives are even richer than the yahoo boys. You need to see how these EFCC guys live like Arab princes. Yet they are supposedly clamping down on fraudsters and gullible Nigerians are clapping for the idiots.

Nigeria's problems are too many. Trust me, cyber crime is even the least of our problems. The society is too dysfunctional. We have to start from the top to effect changes before it trickles down to the bottom. It can NEVER be bottom up.

2 Likes

Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by tecamartinez: 10:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hedonisco:

The problem is that many of you are too starry eyed and inexperienced. Most people don't know Jack about the reality of life in Nigeria... What goes on behind the news, behind the scenes.

In a country where even armed robbers and murderers find their way out of detention soon after arrest. How much less 'ordinary' Internet fraudsters who even have no complainants for that matter (most were arrested due to bad belle suspicion and snitchiing, without prior evidence).

EFCC operatives are even richer than the yahoo boys. You need to see how these EFCC guys live like Arab princes. Yet they are supposedly clamping down on fraudsters and gullible Nigerians are clapping for the idiots.

Nigeria's problems are too many. Trust me, cyber crime is even the least of our problems. The society is too dysfunctional. We have to start from the top to effect changes before it trickles down to the bottom. It can NEVER be bottom up.

You are right bro, I forgot to mention this. Some time last week some of university ex coursemates came to my car stand and we were catching up on old times and I asked about a particular friend of ours, I was told that he was recently arrested by EFCC and he had to cough out 50 million naira for them here in Lagos Zone, this guy is very popular. He owns hotels, owns several businesses and even bankrolls politicians (I dont wanna mention names).
So after regaining his freedom, the guys at Abuja got to hear about the incident and had to call the guy to come and "settle" them also. He had to pay the same amount to them.
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by youngsahito(m): 10:52pm On Sep 10, 2019
No reward for the hardworking guy anymore
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by nyben231101: 2:20pm On Sep 11, 2019
There was a country.
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by Newguyhere: 11:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
I hope that retarded mod moves this to the front page angry sad
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by Ibile77(m): 5:51am On Sep 13, 2019
I am not surprised this is a jungle survival of the fittest. Anything goes In the jungle.
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by anonymuz(m): 6:26am On Sep 13, 2019
That's Nigeria for you. EFCC isn't working towards curbing cyber crimes, rather condoning it. Stupid people. Let them start from the likes of tinubu, akpabio,dino,and thier cohorts.
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by tecamartinez: 9:34pm On Sep 18, 2019
Newguyhere:
I hope that retarded mod moves this to the front page angry sad

I know they will definitely turn blind to this!
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by LesaSid: 4:17pm On Nov 04, 2019
SARS?
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by seanjy4konji: 4:25pm On Nov 04, 2019
They are the real yahoo boys...juat Bhta they don't need laptop.

So till boys start massacre them and dump their bodies by the road side..

They won't have sense..
Re: Efcc Extorting Majority Of Yahoo Boys Arrested And Prosecuting The Poor Ones. by davillian(m): 6:49pm On Nov 04, 2019
It is true they collect bribes from them
I know of one that was arrested in abuja and paraded in abj he was even on the news
His fellow criminals bailed him out
As I speak they are still balling in abuja and and importing hoes from SA.

(1) (Reply)

Priest Dies In An Early Morning Fire At St. Peter’s Catholic Church (Photos) / Father & Daughter Arrested For Beating Up FUTA 100 Level Female Student / Video : Gunshots, Bloodbath As Rival Gangs Clash In Lagos Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.