Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:49 AM

Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi (672 Views)

Nigerian Police Clash With Indian Men In Heated Confrontation (video) / Shooting As Shiites And Police Clash In Abuja / Meat Sellers & Police Clash In Ibadan, Police Station Set On Fire This Afternoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by Delightikechi(m): 9:46pm On Sep 10, 2019
At least five members of the Islamic Movement in Nigeria are believed to have been shot dead in a clash between them and the police in Bauchi State on Tuesday.

The clash, which reportedly occurred in Bauchi metropolis and Azare Town under Katagum Local Government Area, also left many members of the movement injured.

Confirming the situation to SaharaReporters, spokesperson for the IMN in Bauchi, Musa Mohammed, said that four of their members were shot dead in Bauchi while another person died in Azare.

He said, “Four of our members were shot dead while about 25 sustained various injuries and are with the police. One person was also shot dead in Azare.”

However, spokesperson for the police in Bauchi, DSP Kamal Abubakar, said that nobody was shot dead among IMN members.
According to him, the IMN members were informed through traditional rulers not to come out for their procession as directed, but they came out in large numbers.

Abubakar said, “We only came out to prevent them from holding the procession and maintain law and order. We have arrested 25 members of the group.

“It is not true that somebody was killed. If anybody was killed, there must be proof. People would have seen their bodies.”

Read more: https://www.dib.com.ng/2019/09/five-confirmed-dead-many-injured-as-shiites-police-clash-in-bauchi.html

CC: Lalasticlala,Mynd44,Dominique

Re: Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by Ebije1(m): 10:00pm On Sep 10, 2019
They feel like dying, that's why they are dying.
Re: Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by Paulynez(m): 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2019
Enough of the killings already

#NowPlaying #Earth @LilDicky and thinking to myself how the hell did we get here??
Re: Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by LesaSid: 10:12pm On Sep 10, 2019

1 Share

Re: Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by Ebije1(m): 8:41am On Sep 11, 2019
Paulynez:
Enough of the killings already

#NowPlaying #Earth @LilDicky and thinking to myself how the hell did we get here??
not everyone loves the earth bros.
Re: Five Confirmed Dead, Many Injured As Shiites, Police Clash In Bauchi by Niflheim(m): 5:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
My heart goes out to the family members of the dead!!!

But my wrath goes out to the so called gods that these people believed in!!!

When your god cannot protect you when you are fighting his cause, it is either because.........................

1.He is completely useless

2.He does not exist

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Was Sodomised By Multiple Inmates, Says Chef / 58-year Old Farmer Jailed 10 Years For Raping, Impregnating Teenage Daughter / Fulani Herdsmen Dressed Like Army Generals Attacked My Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.