Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,822 members, 7,810,159 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta (425 Views)

Junior Pope In The Making Of The Movie "The Other Side Of Life" (Video) / Netflix Rewards Ikorodu Bois For 'Extraction 2' Trailer Remake (Video, Photos) / Nengi Plans To Stop Neo, Vee From Having Sex In Hotel Room On Sunday (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by error4040: 3:02am On Sep 11, 2019

Reports from Deadline Paramount Pictures is giving a face lift to Face/Off, the 1997 John Woo-directed action thriller that starred John Travolta and Nicolas Cage. The studio will reboot the film, with new cast. Oren Uziel has been set to write the script, and Neal Moritz will produce and David Permut will be executive producer.

The film was a blockbuster smash, finishing 1997 as the 11th highest-grossing film of that year and also receiving an Academy Award nomination for “Best Sound Effects Editing.” In the movie Travolta played FBI agent Sean Archer, who is obsessed with catching a homicidal sociopath named Castor Troy, who is responsible for killing the fed’s son. The agent undergoes facial transplant surgery and takes the mug of his nemesis so he can be sent to prison to find out a bomb’s whereabouts and stop an attack. The plan goes awry when the bad guy wakes up and takes the face of the FBI agent.

A revamped plot and new characters are expected to be implemented for the remake, but details are reportedly still in the early production phase and no expected released date announced yet.

SOURCE:
https://shegbo.com/2019/09/11/paramount-plans-to-remake-the-movie-face-off-by-cage-travolta/
Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by meobizy(f): 3:05am On Sep 11, 2019
If this movie comes out then that's the end of my relationship with Hollywood. I don't understand. If there are no new ideas then they should quit the idea of making films. A lot of independent film makers need money to bring their ideas to life. Why is it remakes making waves nowadays?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by sonofspada(m): 6:41am On Sep 11, 2019
meobizy:
If this movie comes out then that's the end of my relationship with Hollywood. I don't understand. If there are no new ideas then they should quit the idea of making films. A lot of independent film makers need money to bring their ideas to life. Why is it remakes making waves nowadays?
Perhaps new idea is the basis for the remake undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by meobizy(f): 6:42am On Sep 11, 2019
sonofspada:

Perhaps new idea is the basis for the remake undecided lipsrsealed
We need new movies not remakes with twists, new takes or whatever.
Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by sonofspada(m): 7:17am On Sep 11, 2019
meobizy:

We need new movies not remakes with twists, new takes or whatever.
How many remakes are there on the "Lion King "?

Do u see the statistics on the net gross?
Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by meobizy(f): 7:21am On Sep 11, 2019
sonofspada:

How many remakes are there on the "Lion King "?

Do u see the statistics on the net gross?
What sort of baseless argument is this? I am talking about my preference not the average mainstream fan's.
Re: Paramount Plans To Remake The Movie ‘face/off’ By Cage & Travolta by sonofspada(m): 7:54am On Sep 11, 2019
meobizy:

What sort of baseless argument is this? I am talking about my preference not the average mainstream fan's.
Perhaps "mainstream" is another basis for the remake.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Download Korean Movies / Worry Video By Lyta Out Now / Henry Cavill, 'the Witcher' Star Speaks Out On Comparisons To 'game Of Thrones'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.