Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,370 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft (5218 Views)

I Am Still In The Race: Wase Visits Buhari, Vows Not To Step Down For Abbas / 2019 Election: Nobody Will Unseat Me, Buhari Vows / 2019 Election: Buhari Vows Harsh Verdict For Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by wengerjay(m): 6:56am On Sep 11, 2019
Is it because of this u closed borders?,
This is really telling on the masses. The price of rice has risen, a kilo of chicken is now sold at #2400.
Buhari, we are having a failed country already.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by PresidentAde(m): 6:57am On Sep 11, 2019
** * ... . .. *
I thought I saw..... Buhari Cows to tackle...... ... .

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Meritocracy: 6:57am On Sep 11, 2019
Do you need to tell us to do your work as petroleum minister. I wonder which work he has successfully for the last four years.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 11, 2019
na only waytin im sabi be dat,, big big talk

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by israelmao(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2019
That is where Nigerian political leaders do their dirty deal.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Studyinchina200(m): 7:01am On Sep 11, 2019
Promise and fail.

Funny country.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by RTSC2: 7:03am On Sep 11, 2019
Is buhari still vowing at this stage? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by FarahAideed: 7:05am On Sep 11, 2019
So crude oil theft rose by a whopping 77percent under Mister Integrity grin grin grin..where has this man not failed ?
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by UncleJudax(m): 7:05am On Sep 11, 2019
Lol. grin
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by DeviIhimseIf: 7:05am On Sep 11, 2019
[s]
post=82118099:
God bless this great man,
President Muhammadu Buhari as he is doing everything he can to make our country work again after being brutalized and raped for 16 years.

Nigeria will be great again.
[/s]
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah Amin
thunder scatter buhari Insha'Allah Amin
thunder scatter aisha masha Allah Amin

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by 12345baba(m): 7:07am On Sep 11, 2019
Y vow no dey kpai people these days? He keeps vowing
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by DeviIhimseIf: 7:08am On Sep 11, 2019
[s]
post=82118107:

Keep wailing on everything for the next 4 years Donald.
Na body go tell u las las....

Nothing make wailers happy for a minute in a day,
they are always wailing.
Irredeemable.
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by banji1(m): 7:15am On Sep 11, 2019
Modular refineries, the central theme of the agreement Osibanjo had with stakeholders in the oil sector while Buhari was on sea leave abroad the other day. Today, government is yet to sign off on it. I sometimes wonder if this government even knows what its doing at all.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by TheAlchemist: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2019
banji1:
Modular refineries, the central theme of the agreement Osibanjo had with stakeholders in the oil sector while Buhari was on sea leave abroad the other day. Today, government is yet to sign off on it. I sometimes wonder if this government even knows what its doing at all.

Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to comprehensive lesson notes/plans for various subjects. Check my signature for details

Osinbajo will make a a good president.
I hope Tinubu will show an uncommon African leadership trait, by supporting Osinbajo for presidency 2023.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by signz: 7:22am On Sep 11, 2019
The moment he tries to stop it or even reduce by a huge %percentage, militants will start blowing up oil pipelines and installations again.

The reason why it seems like the militants have gone underground is because most of them are now into illegal oil bunkering.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Nobody: 7:27am On Sep 11, 2019
undecided
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Emyogalanya: 7:32am On Sep 11, 2019
When will this guy tackle Theft Of other mineRals in his own region ? Is it only oil theft that is in Nigeria ?
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by tsavkeghps(m): 7:35am On Sep 11, 2019
Ok
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by gratiaeo(m): 7:39am On Sep 11, 2019
When will this idi0t tackle fulani herdsmen and bandits ravaging his home state? Honestly this una president dey irritate me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Obason22(m): 7:47am On Sep 11, 2019
post=82118099:
President Muhammadu Buhari as he is doing everything he can to make our country work again after being brutalized and raped for 16 years.

They added: “More worrisome is the fact that Buhari’s own witness, Major General Paul Tafa (rtd), who joined the Nigerian Army with him in 1962, told the tribunal that they were never asked to submit their certificates to the Nigerian Army Board as claimed by Buhari in his Form CF001.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by henryhemon(m): 8:47am On Sep 11, 2019
mrakeli62:
President Muhammadu Buhari, has vowed to bring crude oil theft to its kneels by looking at practical solutions to the menace.
The President gave the assurance at the ongoing 24th World Energy Congress (WEC) in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates on Tuesday.
Buhari’s pledge may not be unconnected with the 77 per cent rise in oil pipeline vandalism as contained in the June monthly report of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) with 106 pipeline breaches in June, up from just 60 in May.
Represented by the Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, Chief Timipreye Sylva, Buhari said the Federal Government would deliver Final Investment Decisions (FIDs) on at least four key projects within the nation’s oil and gas industry by the end of last quarter this year.
He said his vision was to bequeath a vibrant petroleum industry that will guarantee long term strategic investments and prosperity for Nigerians.
“My plan is to ensure that during my tenure, four Final Investment Decisions (FIDs) are taken. I am sure that within the next quarter, we should be able to conclude on some of these FIDs so as to grow the industry,” the Minister stated.
The Minister also highlighted gas development as part of government priority to fast track the industrialization drive of the country.
“As you are aware, we are focusing on the Ajaokuta-Kaduna-Kano (AKK) pipeline project which will address some of our power issues and encourage the setting up of local industries and businesses along different areas in Nigeria.”
Sylva also shed more light on the imperative of rehabilitating the nation’s refineries, saying that it was unsustainable for Nigeria to continue to import petroleum products.
The Minister further stated that while private investment in the refining sector is encouraged, Government should focus more on the repair of its existing refineries.
“People are talking about modular refineries, we know that modular refineries are part of the solution but they can only be part of the solution and not the solutions themselves. So, we are going to try to encourage modular refineries but before that, we are going to really focus on repairing the existing refineries to ensure that we are back on stream very shortly,” Sylva added.
He maintained that government was also looking at the issue of reducing the cost of production through robust engagement with the International Oil Companies (IOCs) towards getting best value for all stakeholders.
According to the Minister, Nigeria needed to lend its voice to global energy fora as they remain some of the best platforms where major decisions that impact the global energy landscape are taken.
Meanwhile, Nigerian oil exports, reports say, is increasingly heading to Los Angeles refineries due to limited pipeline link from Shale production but report fears the favourable export window may soon shut
The report said that Nigeria’s oil earlier displaced by U.S. shale, has found an unlikely new outlet this year to the coast of the continental United States that is farthest from the Nigeria’s shores.
The shale boom has upended the global market, turning the United States from a keen buyer of Nigerian oil to an aggressive competitor.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/buhari-vows-to-tackle-77-rise-in-crude-oil-theft/amp/

Always vowing and never fulfil anything.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by GoodofNaija: 9:41am On Sep 11, 2019
StRichard:
please how old are you?

Ignore that guy!

He's a potential terrorist/Jihadist! Buhari is their mentor!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by phoenix90(m): 9:44am On Sep 11, 2019
post=82118099:

I wish we can meet one on one, I go use your face do punching bag
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Nuclear99(m): 10:36am On Sep 11, 2019
post=82118107:

Keep wailing on everything for the next 4 years Donald.
Na body go tell u las las....

Nothing make wailers happy for a minute in a day,
they are always wailing.
Irredeemable.
Guy why you de like this na... you see white you talk say na black
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Staro: 10:44am On Sep 11, 2019
Nonsense
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by SavageResponse(m): 11:02am On Sep 11, 2019
All talk and no action sad
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by delpee(f): 11:04am On Sep 11, 2019
But he's the Minister of Petroleum. He could have prevented the fraud as a seasoned corruption fighter.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Ikpongiton: 11:11am On Sep 11, 2019
shut up your gworo stain teeth there and tackle bokoharam and fulani bandit in your impoverished north.
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by Ikpongiton: 11:22am On Sep 11, 2019
StRichard:
please how old are you?
age does not come with wisdom all the time
Re: Buhari Vows To Tackle 77% Rise In Crude Oil Theft by idesylvester(m): 11:28am On Sep 11, 2019
Please reduce the cost of FUEL and stop stressing issues... Only no partisan person will require action from any leader and not talk talk and talk

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Gamal Nasser of Anambra Nigeria's Elon Musk? / See 22 Storey Building Nigeria House In New York / Would The West Have Expanded Towards Russia If This Man Was Still Alive?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.