Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story (1119 Views)

Anambra Govt. Announces 185bn Naira Debt Burden From Previous Administration / Oyo Indigenes Groan Under Ajimobi’s N29 Billion Death Trap / Orji Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by aru11: 8:36pm On Oct 28, 2010
Orji Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-The Untold Story

This is the Nigerian Tribune Report: Former Abia State governor, Chief Orji Uzor Kalu, left a debt burden of N29.2 billion without a kobo in the account as credit balance, when he left the saddle in 2007, national chairman of the Progressive Peoples Alliance(PPA), Lisa Olu Akerele, has disclosed.

Akerele said in a press statement in Abuja on Monday, that Chief Kalu owed the banks N19.2 billion; debts to local contractors were N7.9 billion, pension harmonisation arrears N600 million, while gratuities were in arrears was to the tune of N1.4 billion as of May 2007.

He noted that monthly interests on the loans were so high that they depleted the state’s allocation from the Federation Account “which suffered deductions at source for these unwarranted debts.”

He said that these debt weighed down heavily on the performance of the governor, Chief Theodore Orji, who in spite of these debts had continued to forge ahead in the development of Abia State.

Akerele maintained that most of the bank loans were sourced by Chief Kalu for personal businesses and ingratiation of his hirelings, who now stood behind him in the PPA.

Three generations of Governor Orji Kalu's family had been found to be involved in the looting of N35 billion of Abia government funds, which, according to him, was siphoned to establish multinational companies in aviation, pharmaceuticals, shipping and publishing. He cited the governor's mother, the governor and his daughter, brothers and personal aides in the alleged illegal siphoning of the state's resources.

Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by EzeUche0(m): 8:39pm On Oct 28, 2010
Orji Kalu and his mother!!! angry

Ran Abia as it was their personal fiefdom.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by ChinenyeN(m): 8:44pm On Oct 28, 2010
I'm wondering why these two haven't since been outed by snipers. They were/are hated, but apparently not enough for someone to actually do something about it.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by aru11: 9:23pm On Oct 28, 2010
How could Orji Uzor Kalu and his mother do this to the people of Abia State?Common sense tells us that when salaries are paid, be it 4 pensioners or teachers, that money circulates in abia.The market woman then sells her wares, the Restaurant owner gets business,parents are able to fulfill their family obligation, sick people can get medical care ETC,
When this huge amount of money is swallowed by one greedy MONSTER named Orji Uzor Kaluin the name of DEBT, that money is usually moved abroad under the guise of doing business leaving a huge number of people starving and permanently in DEBT.This man Orji Uzor is a cursed soul who will perish in pain and suffering! Mark my words.

This is the beginning of the end for Orji Uzor Kalu.He is rolling down the same path traded by James Ibori.Very soon, the very long arm of the law will descend on this 419 impostor.The next election in Abia State will determine where Abia citizens stand.My inkling is that they may go the Anambra way.Rejection of the status quo and give Dr T. A. Orji his real chance to perform.Lisa Akerele thank u.General Obasanjo I apologize for the insults this illiterate criminal heaped on u sir!U have been vindicated.

I'm just interested in kalu's case because I knew him too well. Kalu is not only an organized criminal but a renowned and comprehensive rogue.He thinks he can always outsmart Nigerians.
Kalu started stealing at a very tender age when he was in class 2 at Government college Umuahia which led to his expulsion.He claims to be a graduate but he is a sound dropout.Even the mental sickness he is using as an excuse was his mother's witchcraft when she was dragging who will be first lady with her sons (Kalu) wife in Abia State. So, Kalu's mother can cure her by upturning what she did to her,it does not require medical attention.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by EzeUche0(m): 9:24pm On Oct 28, 2010
ChinenyeN:

I'm wondering why these two haven't since been outed by snipers. They were/are hated, but apparently not enough for someone to actually do something about it.

I have to agree with you on this issue. This woman is wicked o!
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by excanny: 10:33pm On Oct 28, 2010
Enacting laws for the public execution of corrupt politicians is the only remedy for corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by Ibime(m): 11:54pm On Oct 28, 2010
I remember some Abia people were solidly behind OUK during his wars with OBJ. They used to tell fantastic stories how OUK had built cassava farms and was producing enough garri to feed the state and bla bla bla. Forgetting that OUK made his wealth by duping Bank of the East into giving him large sum of cash with a letter purportedly signed by IBB. The story goes that after OUK stole the money from the bank, he fled to USA from where he called IBB by phone to apologise after which IBB became his Godfather out of respect for his crooked ways (Thief dey respect thief). So Abia peeps have no one to blame seeing as they backed this well known crook when he was warring with OBJ.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by ChinenyeN(m): 3:38am On Oct 29, 2010
EzeUche0:

I have to agree with you on this issue. This woman is wicked o!
Thank you, but I have to wonder though, are snipers/assassins difficult to come by in Nigeria or is it just that these government people have managed to buy them all off? There must be someone somewhere who is upset enough to actually do something. I find it hard to believe that OUK and his mother would be difficult hit targets.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by egift(m): 5:15am On Oct 29, 2010
ChinenyeN:

Thank you, but I have to wonder though, are snipers/assassins difficult to come by in Nigeria or is it just that these government people have managed to buy them all off? There must be someone somewhere who is upset enough to actually do something. I find it hard to believe that OUK and his mother would be difficult hit targets.

NO. They actually own the snipers grin
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by olafolarin(m): 5:53am On Oct 29, 2010
But for Mother Excellency's "visit and intervention",OBJ wanted to send OUK to KiriKiri because there was an established case of fraud against him.
That "Visit" brought the animal in OBJ out and the case was thrown overboard.

Afterall,"the older the berry,the sweeter the juice" says the old American adage.
Re: Abia State Gov Inherited N29 Billion Debt Burden From Orji Kalu-the Untold Story by ChinenyeN(m): 2:36pm On Oct 29, 2010
Saddening, it is.

(1) (Reply)

Ballot Box Snatching In Warri, Pdp Thugs Beat Up Opposition. / Buhari: The Man Who Put Fela In Prison / Is The Fct A Northern Territory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.