Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,767 members, 7,809,957 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:46 PM

The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming (2896 Views)

See The Fuel I Bought For 35K. Be Careful!! / A Useful Way To Tell Which Side Of Your Car The Fuel Cap Is Located / How To Calculate Fuel Consumption In Your Car Using Innoson G5 As A Case-study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by victorsmile: 12:18pm On Sep 11, 2019
Hi, Please can someone help with this code, I scanned my car and I got these codes. Honda Accord 2006, 2.4L 5 plugs. The fuel consumption is very very high.
Please help,
P0453 Evaporative Emission control system pressure sensor High input
P2422 Evaporative Emission System Vent Valve Stuck closed
P0420 Catalyst System Efficiency below Threshold (Bank1)
P0499 powertrain

I bought full tank yesterday and today it is half tank already

Help me oo
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Avedonn: 4:02pm On Sep 11, 2019
Since you've scanned and discover the codes, why don't you clear them and if the excessive fuel consumption did not stop, then you ask for help.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by uboma(m): 4:28pm On Sep 11, 2019
Avedonn:
Since you've scanned and discover the codes, why don't you clear them and if the excessive fuel consumption did not stop, then you ask for help.

Clearing the codes isn't the best option to take.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Avedonn: 4:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
uboma:

OK, then what's the option then.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by uboma(m): 4:34pm On Sep 11, 2019
Avedonn:

OK, then what's the option then.

He's gotten the codes and the readings.

A competent mechanic is all he needs to resolve (not clear) the issues.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by BamBamK: 4:40pm On Sep 11, 2019
victorsmile:
Hi, Please can someone help with this code, I scanned my car and I got these codes. Honda Accord 2006, 2.4L 5 plugs. The fuel consumption is very very high.
Please help,
P0499 powertrain

Help me oo

CONTACT GAZZUZZ
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Avedonn: 4:43pm On Sep 11, 2019
uboma:

Lol.. so what's the difference between what I said and what you said. Clearing means resolve. And I didn't mean he should do it himself cos he's not a mechanic.

3 Likes

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by victorsmile: 6:10pm On Sep 11, 2019
Please, who is GAZZUZZ? I reside in Abuja. Thank you
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by uboma(m): 6:29pm On Sep 11, 2019
Avedonn:

Lol.. so what's the difference between what I said and what you said. Clearing means resolve. And I didn't mean he should do it himself cos he's not a mechanic.

Lies. In your earlier post, you asked that he clear the codes and if the issue(s) persists, he can ask for help.

Clearing/wiping the codes is different from resolving the issues identified by the codes. Some persons always believe that clearing/wiping the codes will make the issues/problems vanish. Doing this may only provide temporary relief but the problems will persists until they are resolved.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by TRYGO(m): 6:30pm On Sep 11, 2019
From the codes you posted on here, the only thing that could cause excessive fuel consumption is the P0420 code.

1. check if your exhaust system has any form of leaks.
If it does, the car's ECU would increased injection pulse width, thereby increasing fuel consumption.

2. your catalytic converter has degraded severely, and it isn't functioning as its supposed to.

3. have you recently done any job on the catalytic converter recently?

Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Joseph (08066643532:calls/WhatsApp)
DW Nig Ltd
Isolo,
Lagos
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by uboma(m): 6:31pm On Sep 11, 2019
victorsmile:

Gazzuzz is an expert in resolving car issues. He is based in Lagos but I think he can provide some support remotely.

All the best in resolving your car issues.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Avedonn: 6:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
uboma:

Lies. In your earlier post, you asked that he clear the codes and if the issue(s) persists, he can ask for help.

Clearing/wiping the codes is different from resolving the issues identified by the codes. Some persons always believe that clearing/wiping the codes will make the issues/problems vanish. Doing this may only provide temporary relief but the problems will persists until they are resolved.

Lol you don't have to call me that to make your point.

A sound mind will know that clearing means resolving. If the problem is resolved, the codes will clear.

So what I mean by clearing, means resolving. I hope you now understand.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Avedonn: 6:44pm On Sep 11, 2019
victorsmile:

GAZZUZZ lives in Lagos. But we have so many professional mechanics here. I hope they come across your thread to help you out.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by uboma(m): 6:51pm On Sep 11, 2019
Avedonn:

Lol you don't have to call me that to make your point.

A sound mind will know that clearing means resolving. If the problem is resolved, the codes will clear.

So what I mean by clearing, means resolving. I hope you now understand.

If your definition of 'clearing' means to resolve the issues identified from the scan results, then we are on the same page.

2 Likes

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by RZArecta(m): 12:08am On Sep 12, 2019
victorsmile:
cc kingreign, he’s in Abuja(?)
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Nobody: 4:05am On Sep 12, 2019
Avedonn:

GAZZUZZ lives in Lagos. But he have so many professional mechanics here. I hope they come across your thread to help you out.
Call diportivo....sure he's graduated from training
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by sultaan(m): 4:38am On Sep 12, 2019
The injectors that is dumping the fuel into the engine caused the problem with catalytic converter.

To confirm this just smell your engine oil through the dipstick and if it smells like petrol , injectors might be stuck open, also you exhaust fine will reek of petrol. Spark plug might be wet too, Engine oil level will be higher because you have petrol in it
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Nobody: 4:39am On Sep 12, 2019
sultaan:
The injectors that is dumping the fuel into the engine caused the problem with catalytic converter.

To confirm this just smell your engine oil through the dipstick and if it smells like petrol , injectors might be stuck open, also you exhaust fine will reek of petrol. Spark plug might be wet too, Engine oil level will be higher because you have petrol in it

Eddee
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by victorsmile: 12:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
I just replaced a new catalytic converter and also replace new o2 sensors. but the problem still remains. I also cleaned the Evap valve vent.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by TRYGO(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2019
What's the current codes you're getting?
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by thebigkendo(m): 1:51pm On Sep 13, 2019
victorsmile:
Hi, Please can someone help with this code, I scanned my car and I got these codes. Honda Accord 2006, 2.4L 4 plugs. The fuel consumption is very very high.
Please help,
P0499 powertrain

Help me oo

grin grin grin

For that accord, I don't think any of those code should cause increased fuel consumption, except you have clogged catalyst.. In that case your complaint would have been more than just fuel consumption grin

How many miles or kilometers did you travel between the full & half tank?

Did you just buy the car?

I have this feeling you were expecting a corolla fuel consumption on the Accord
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by 9icetoo(m): 6:57pm On Sep 13, 2019
victorsmile:
Please help,
P0499 powertrain

Help me oo

How many miles did you cover with that half tank? You may have driven the length and breadth of Lagos and be expecting your needle not to move.

1 Like

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by ogawisdom(m): 1:13pm On Sep 14, 2019
Before we start looking for solution to a no issues, tell us how many kilometers u covered b4 it got to half tank. It's 2.4l engine not 1.6 l biko cool

1 Like

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by adanny01(m): 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
uboma:

I think clearing the codes is the next thing to do.

This is how i do.

1. Scan and record the codes
2. Identify sources and troubleshoot (adjust connectors and in the evap case ensure a properly closed fuel tank cap)
3. Clear the codes
4. Drive the car for a day or 2
5. Scan again

The 2nd scan confirms a fault and only thenI start looking for solution.

I have seen a scan with misfire codes on all cylinders, but when cleared and driven, misfire codes never came up again even with nothing done.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by AutoMoTech(m): 10:53am On Sep 16, 2019
adanny01:

I think clearing the codes is the next thing to do.

This is how i do.

1. Scan and record the codes
2. Identify sources and troubleshoot (adjust connectors and in the evap case ensure a properly closed fuel tank cap)
3. Clear the codes
4. Drive the car for a day or 2
5. Scan again

The 2nd scan confirms a fault and only thenI start looking for solution.

I have seen a scan with misfire codes on all cylinders, but when cleared and driven, misfire codes never came up again even with nothing done.

grin grin grin
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by Ochima75(m): 1:28pm On Aug 14, 2020
austinooo:
Have you changed the Radiator with your fan running immediately? If so please revert to the factory original radiator and fan settings.

I am talking from experience and you will thank me later

If i turn my ACCORD 2OO3 to ignition the fan starts working automatically.
I bought the car Naija used and that's how it's been working. No overheating.

Is that bad?
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by ksmart027(m): 3:22pm On Aug 14, 2020
Ochima75:

If i turn my ACCORD 2OO3 to ignition the fan starts working automatically. I bought the car Naija used and that's how it's been working. No overheating.
Is that bad?
Very bad, revert to factory spec.
Re: The Fuel Consumption In My Honda Accord 2006, 4 Plugs Is Alarming by 9icetoo(m): 3:58pm On Aug 14, 2020

(1) (Reply)

GET A CAR TRACKER FOR AS LOW AS 20k / Rear Main Seal Repair Concentrate...stops Annoying Oil Leaks?! / Change Toyata Camry Engine From V6 To I4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.