Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,671 members, 7,809,552 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others (42287 Views)

COVID-19: 160 Nigerians Return From USA / Xenophobia: Nigerians Hail Allen Onyema, Air Peace For Airlifting 187 Returnees / Air Peace: Allen Onyema Crying As Nigerians Return From South Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by mechanics(m): 10:37am On Sep 12, 2019
The CEO really did well, God will replenish his effort.
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by Nobody: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2019
I am a Nigerian with over 20 years Lagos street experience and yet I don't even know what common Tramadol looks like. Tomorrow I will travel and one lazy broda wey mumu go talk say I dey sell drugs sake if say I get money and I dey carry fine woman.
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by Danishguy(m): 10:45am On Sep 12, 2019
olumalcolm:
SHULD DEY HAVE GIVEN THEM ONE MILLION EACH because DEY CAME BCK HOME ABI KINI KATIKATI TI ELEYI N SO BAYI. angry
Would that be a bad idea??

You think others would be motivated to return?

I don't know, but you Nigerians are as daft as your leaders.

1 Like

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by Empiree: 10:45am On Sep 12, 2019
niaralandtopuser:

Nairaland and it Afonja people said they are all into drugs in South Africa .
why do you take people on NL too serious now
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by iswallker(m): 11:09am On Sep 12, 2019
dominion001:
40k airtime and 10k cash??

Is that not stupidity?

Why not 10k airtime and 40k cash?

This government dey always turn things upside down.

The airtime must have come free from mtn..

While govt gave 10k osibande trader money as usual.. grin
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by bigtt76(f): 11:12am On Sep 12, 2019
Ha! While Air Peace must be applauded, the N300 Million cost they are posting ....me nor understand o! angry

prof2007:
The number of Nigerians that made it back to Nigeria drastically reduced following moves by the South African government to frustrate the evacuation efforts. Only about 187 adults and children were successfully evacuated on Wednesday as against the 320 Nigerians expected back home.

The flight arrived the Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Lagos, at 9.43pm.

One of the returnees, Uche Victor, told journalists that he left his wife who he said was a Cameronian and a young daughter behind. He said, “I’m bleeding because I left my wife and baby but I have to come back because my mother cries for me to return. If something happens to me she will suffer. I left my business, I came back with nothing. South Africans believe all Nigerians are drug pushers, but I don’t know the colour of any drug.”

Victor, who explained that he left Nigeria for South Africa in 2007, explained that the attacks were anger against the government. “They are only venting their anger on foreigners. They started with black and will move to whites,” he said.

According to him, the flight would have returned earlier but the South African government made it difficult. “The didn’t want us to go but for Nigeria’s consulate,” he added.

Another returnee from Abia State, who gave his name as Onuoha, said a lot of Nigerians were still stranded as they could not return with their properties.

Aliu Saheed, from Osun State, said his shop was burgled and he came back home empty-handed. “But I’m happy to be home, I’m not going back again,” he said.

S’A CANCELS VISAS ISSUED TO RETURNING NIGERIANS
One of our correspondents learnt that the South African authorities went further to cancel visas that were issued to the returning Nigerians. A picture on Facebook showed a Nigerian passport with a cancelled South African visa as of September 10.

The Chairman, Nigerian Diaspora Commission, Mrs Abike Dabiri-Erewa, said there was 15 hours delay before the flight left South Africa. She had earlier told journalists that the South African authorities brought new immigration rules before the affected Nigerians could be allowed to board the aircraft.

According to Dabiri-Erewa, the Federal Government is giving N40,000 worth of airtime to last them for two months as well as stipend of N10,000 for transport. She also said there were plans for the Bank of Industry to provide some money for the returnees to start small businesses.

Meanwhile, the Chief Operating Officer of Air Peace, Mrs Toyin Olajide, said the evacuation would cost the airline about N300m. Olajide said the cost would include payment of passenger service charge, aeronautical and other charges.

SOURCE: https://punchng.com/187-nigerians-return-safrica-employs-rules-to-stop-others/
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by Charly68: 11:29am On Sep 12, 2019
My country people are hard working not withstanding the little bad eggs among us

1 Like

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by citruslimited(m): 1:29pm On Sep 12, 2019
Its seems South Africa want war.
They claim they don't want us in their country and yet they will not let us go !

What nonsense is this, so Nigerians should stay they and until they have being wiped out completely

Our Government need to do some thing about this madness

1 Like

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by dochenaj: 3:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
nony43:
Abeg Nigerians should leave abegi, who are buying the drugs by the way
I wondered that too. For every drug dealer there should be at least 10 drug users.

So if the majority of Nigerians numbering above 50,000 are dealers as the South African government claims, then there should be at least 500,000 drug users.

1 Like

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by olumalcolm(m): 7:27pm On Sep 12, 2019
Danishguy:
Would that be a bad idea??

You think others would be motivated to return?

I don't know, but you Nigerians are as daft as your leaders.
you are a complete bastard for referring to us as daft, was it the govt that sent them to south africa? so the common wealth of the people who stayed back and have being wrking their ass out and also paying tax shuld sit bck and watch the govt dash dem money, u r as daft as ur anus. idiot. they shuld sit bck dere and continue to run frm one place to anoda in anoda mans land instead of cmin home to join forces to face the govt and mk dem accountable. e ma gbo werey yi sha. no go para me dis evening ooo.

1 Like

Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by Danishguy(m): 9:57pm On Sep 12, 2019
olumalcolm:
you are a complete bastard for referring to us as daft, was it the govt that sent them to south africa? so the common wealth of the people who stayed back and have being wrking their ass out and also paying tax shuld sit bck and watch the govt dash dem money, u r as daft as ur anus. idiot. they shuld sit bck dere and continue to run frm one place to anoda in anoda mans land instead of cmin home to join forces to face the govt and mk dem accountable. e ma gbo werey yi sha. no go para me dis evening ooo.
You are some piece of cheap fart shocked shocked shocked

Your families are all bastards. Your mum is a retar*d

If the country were that GREAT, would they had migrated in the first place? Because your Dad is such a deadbeat, and the seeds of his wretched loins, low energy and lacking in ambition, others shouldn't try their luck elsewhere? shocked

I apologise to the daft folks out there. You olumalcolm is a degenerated no good loser. You're an embarrassment to LIFE itself. Pathetic
Re: 187 Nigerians Return, South Africa Employs Rules To Stop Others by olumalcolm(m): 8:08am On Sep 13, 2019
Danishguy:
You are some piece of cheap fart shocked shocked shocked

Your families are all bastards. Your mum is a retar*d

If the country were that GREAT, would they had migrated in the first place? Because your Dad is such a deadbeat, and the seeds of his wretched loins, low energy and lacking in ambition, others shouldn't try their luck elsewhere? shocked

I apologise to the daft folks out there. You olumalcolm is a degenerated no good loser. You're an embarrassment to LIFE itself. Pathetic
YOUR GENERATION HERE ON EARTH AND THE ONES TO COME ARE DAFT AND DEAD BEATS. NIGERIA IS A GREAT COUNTRY AND IF YOU HAVE THE GUTS, NAME UR COUNTRY AND LETS KNW WASSUP. WU SENT UR FAGBON TO SOUTH AFRICA IN D FIRST PLACE, SO COS THEY TRAVELLED TO SOUTH AFRICA ON THEIR OWN DECISION, ITS THE GOVT'S FAULT AND THE GOVT HAS NO OPTION THAN TO SET THEM UP BY GIVING THEM ENOF MONEY TO START ANODA BUSINESS? WHT IS THE TENDENCY ALL OF THEM THAT CAME BCK WERE DOING LEGIT BIZ? WHT IS D TENDENCY THAT ALL OF THEM HAD REASONABLE BUSINESSES THERE, BE IT YORUBA, IGBO, HAUSA OR WHICHEVER TRIBE IS INVOLVED. IF THATS HW OTHER DEPORTEES HAVE BEEN DASHED MONEY, THE GOVT WULD HAVE GONE BANKRUPT. YOU ARE A SLOWPOKE AND AN EMBARRASSMENT TO HUMANITY AS A WHOLE COS GOD GAVE U BRAIN AND U REFUSED TO USE IT. EVEN ANIMALS DNT REASON LIKE THIS. OLORIBURUKU OMO IRANKIRAN

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Country Would You Rather Live Apart From Nigeria? / 12 People Killed In Fatal Car Accident Along Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Photos / Edo Accidents Kill 15 People, Including 4 Girls & 2 Boys Of Same Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.