Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,683 members, 7,955,536 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 08:36 AM

Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison (39641 Views)

FBI Arraigns Sakiru Olanrewaju Over $25M Wire Fraud; Faces 30 Years In Prison / Obinwanne Okeke To Be Released In 2028 - US Bureau Of Prisons / $11 Million Fraud: Obinwanne Okeke Faces 30 Years In Jail - FBI (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by SLAP44: 8:49am On Sep 12, 2019
obembet:
If na Nigeria now, na 3months

Is Nigeria a country?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by CyberWolf: 8:51am On Sep 12, 2019
He will enter a plea deal and do nothing more than 7-10 years.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Nobody: 8:54am On Sep 12, 2019
Hopefully he has the money in a saved place,I would go to jail and come back to enjoy my life afterall many of you and including the fbi will work over 30yrs will never smell a million bucks not to talk of 11 million bucks and besides that American jails are like a holiday home for Nigerians he'll enjoy free healthcare,free food,free gym membership and education etc.

He'll definitely get better life in jail than avg Nigerian in Nigeria.

With 6million bucks many would want to take the blame for him,if he understand how America works he'll be discharged in no time,afterall many Africans have spent more than 30yrs abroad and still can't boast of 100k .
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Rubicon67(m): 8:55am On Sep 12, 2019
stanley000:
more lies nairaland!!! show us a picture of him being indicted in court or he been arrested or him in cuffs not making up stories of him being arrested without any picture evidence how can everyone be so dumb not to see this? bloggers keep lying, that lies you keep use in deceiving cretin individuals on Nairaland will be ur downfall

Why are you using panadol for another person's headache na...abi you are part of the headache because your rant appears to be on the personal level?

It is up to whoever is reading to believe the story or not. Irrespective of whether the story is true or false, the law in US will take it's natural cause...guaranteed.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Starhearts: 8:58am On Sep 12, 2019
stanley000:
more lies nairaland!!! show us a picture of him being indicted in court or he been arrested or him in cuffs not making up stories of him being arrested without any picture evidence how can everyone be so dumb not to see this? bloggers keep lying, that lies you keep use in deceiving cretin individuals on Nairaland will be ur downfall

wetin concern me with wetin no concern me?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Starhearts: 8:59am On Sep 12, 2019
Ijaya123:
He is nothing but a fraudster. Send him to jail asap.

You claimed Nigeria isn’t conducive and left for another country where things are conducive but still ended up doing crime. Nigeria is not your problem, crime is in your blood.

To all those dragging the name of this country in the mud all over the world, may the day of judgement come to them sooner than later.

wetin concern me with wetin no concern me?
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 12, 2019
hammerVJ:
THE FUNNY THING ABOUT U.S JUSTICE SYSTEM, IS DAT 30 YEARS MEANS 30 YEARS.

GO AND ASK GOWON SON MUSA, HE ALREADY DID 22 YEARS, IT TOOK OBAMA TO SAVE HIM.

SO IT IS SAFE TO SAY ADIOS BROTHER.

U NO TRY AT ALL.

FORBES? THAT MEANS THEY KNOW ALL YOUR INVESTMENT AND WHERE TO FIND ALL THE MONEY, PLUS THE ONES U DONT HAVE THAT U ADD TO MAKE URSELF BIGGER.

SO EVEN AFTER 30 YEARS IN PRISON, U COME OUT NOTHING, E NO BETTER TO DIE REST NOW RATHER THAN LATER?

SMART AND STUPID TOGETHER IS ALWAY LEATHAL, IF U DOUBT ME ASK ALBERT EINSTEIN

Bros I would rather be in American jail than live in Africa,normal Americans even deliberately commit crimes to go to jail for the easy life inside than outside.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by robotix: 9:07am On Sep 12, 2019
charleff512:
........................one day for the owner!
he should rot there undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by robotix: 9:09am On Sep 12, 2019
euromilion:

Bros I would rather be in American jail than live in Africa,normal Americans even deliberately commit crimes to go to jail for the easy life inside than outside.

you Nigerians like dreaming and making assumptions that can be fatal. Have you been to the US jail before to assume it is better? Dude, nothing beats freedom in comparison to incarceration.

Good luckm

9 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by victorjoe(m): 9:22am On Sep 12, 2019
charleff512:
........................one day for the owner!

30 years for the thief...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by adedayourt(m): 9:33am On Sep 12, 2019
Forfeited to the Nigerian or US government.

Please let that forfeiture go to US govt not the useless Nigerian govt

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by tomju(m): 9:49am On Sep 12, 2019
presleYzzi:
I trust the fbi, criminal cases are not swept under the carpet unlike the Bushes called countries in Africa. Just take for example, nobody heard about Evans anymore, a notorious kidnapper oh, nor did we hear from rev king, a serial killer, Naira Marley paid his bail fee and that was the end of it.

Politicians can steal any amount of money they want, even if they go to jail, they don't forfeit Shi Shi. So any politician can confidently come and steal and do the jail time and be made for life.

Welcome to the shithole!

A perfect description of our abode by Trump!
I can understand your frustration with Nigeria's judicial system and criminal justice system in tow. However, your points are not exactly as you portray. The serial killer being let off and Marley paying money isn't so.
1. Alledge kidnap kingpin Evans is on trial. Until his trial is concluded there is nothing anyone can do. There is simply no time frame for criminal prosecution in Nigeria. A criminal case can take 5 or more years. What a shame!.
The Presidential elections petitions had 180 days to finish its ask, they took 177 days! You can imagine if there was not time limit.
2. Rev King was convicted to death by hanging by a Lagos High court in 2007. He appealed the judgement. The appeal court upheld the lower's court ruling. He appealed to the Supreme court, in 2017, precisely 10 years after his High court conviction, the Supreme court again ruled against him!. He is awaiting the hang man now in prison.
In democratic dispensation they hardly hang. The governor of the state in the prison he is held must sign for him to be hanged.
3.Naira Marley or any other person arrested and detained by EFCC gets administrative bail or sometimes taken to court and remanded in prison until bail is granted.
After which the defendant goes to court from his home whenever his case is called. Now it's up to the Lagos judiciary to call his case. Of course the EFCC plays a role. However, the actual prosecution may take 5 or more years to complete. Not just him but most criminal cases takes that long in Lagos. One EFCC prosecutor may have 20 or more cases he is handling across Nigeria. So you can imagine the task involve. A judge as well may have over 200 criminal cases within a year to handle.
Las Las our judiciary is like travelling from Mowe via Ojodu Berger to Epe by 7.15 am Monday morning.
I felt putting these issues in perspective may help us in understanding where the problem really lies.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by TheAlchemist: 10:02am On Sep 12, 2019
sisisioge:
Chai! He was about to propose to a girl with the emerald ring? Wowzerful...God is faithful fa!

Hope the girl would wait for him! A bigger emerald ring awaits her for patience and loyalty.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Isoduwa(m): 10:02am On Sep 12, 2019
WizBLANCE:
IF convicted

Please let me know when he is convicted or killed

I have read enough of this guy...

Then stay in door �
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Nobody: 10:07am On Sep 12, 2019
He thought he fooled the world. Now it is glaring that he is the foolish one.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by planetx: 10:12am On Sep 12, 2019
euromilion:

Dude American jails are not bed of roses, you guys have this strange opinion about life abroad that is not based on facts but speculations.. You mean you rather be locked up in a small cubicle for years with a toilet you share with your cell mate next to your bed and subjected to the possibility of being raped rather than living in Africa? Ask any Nigerian working in an American correctional facilities and they will correct your ignorance.

7 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by SuperS1Panther: 10:13am On Sep 12, 2019
Another developer and fraudpreneur!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Kalashnikov102(m): 10:18am On Sep 12, 2019
Ah swear dis guy go perfect I'm skills for jail cos na there e go jam ogbonge crimmos
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by bluefilm: 10:30am On Sep 12, 2019
Eyaaaa...

Obi nwanne anaaa cry cry cry

Invictus nwa mama anaaa cry cry cry

Ya di ba.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by DeviIhimseIf: 10:38am On Sep 12, 2019
[s]
SuperS1Panther:
Another developer and fraudpreneur!!!!
[/s]
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Budline1(m): 10:52am On Sep 12, 2019
PlayerMeji:
Na wetin dem sabi be that one... To dey kárí sentence people anyha.

I just hope say the guy keep small money for Monaco àbí Panama... Wen he come he go fit still see money spend..

Money isn't the issue now, he should be more concerned about getting out of this mess first. 30 years no be beans, even if he eventually get 10years, stl not easy.
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Nobody: 10:55am On Sep 12, 2019
planetx:
Dude American jails are not bed of roses, you guys have this strange opinion about life abroad that is not based on facts but speculations.. You mean you rather be locked up in a small cubicle for years with a toilet you share with your cell mate next to your bed and subjected to the possibility of being raped rather than living in Africa? Ask any Nigerian working in an American correctional facilities and they will correct your ignorance.

I was in Nigeria not too long ago,the conditions I saw people there living, mehn I would rather be in American jails than live in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Lleigh(f): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2019
TheAlchemist:

Hope the girl would wait for him! A bigger emerald ring awaits her for patience and loyalty.

But he is married and just had a baby. Wonder who the ring was for
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Budline1(m): 10:56am On Sep 12, 2019
Flier:
Do you think they can ever stop until they are killed? I don’t think so, 99% of convicts always end up committing the same crime again and again so I am sure he would go back into fraud again,just that he would be more smarter this time

The question is 'When'?. It's 30 mfkin years!
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by planetx: 11:06am On Sep 12, 2019
euromilion:

I was in Nigeria not too long ago,the conditions I saw people there living, mehn I would rather be in American jails than live in Nigeria.

Lol good luck to you, why not go to jail in the country you visited Nigeria from or is it only American jail you prefer.

2 Likes

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by tot(f): 11:51am On Sep 12, 2019
planetx:
Lol good luck to you, why not go to jail in the country you visited Nigeria from or is it only American jail you prefer.

cheesy grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by presleYzzi(m): 11:56am On Sep 12, 2019
tomju:

I can understand your frustration with Nigeria's judicial system and criminal justice system in tow. However, your points are not exactly as you portray. The serial killer being let off and Marley paying money isn't so.
1. Alledge kidnap kingpin Evans is on trial. Until his trial is concluded there is nothing anyone can do. There is simply no time frame for criminal prosecution in Nigeria. A criminal case can take 5 or more years. What a shame!.
The Presidential elections petitions had 180 days to finish its ask, they took 177 days! You can imagine if there was not time limit.
2. Rev King was convicted to death by hanging by a Lagos High court in 2007. He appealed the judgement. The appeal court upheld the lower's court ruling. He appealed to the Supreme court, in 2017, precisely 10 years after his High court conviction, the Supreme court again ruled against him!. He is awaiting the hang man now in prison.
In democratic dispensation they hardly hang. The governor of the state in the prison he is held must sign for him to be hanged.
3.Naira Marley or any other person arrested and detained by EFCC gets administrative bail or sometimes taken to court and remanded in prison until bail is granted.
After which the defendant goes to court from his home whenever his case is called. Now it's up to the Lagos judiciary to call his case. Of course the EFCC plays a role. However, the actual prosecution may take 5 or more years to complete. Not just him but most criminal cases takes that long in Lagos. One EFCC prosecutor may have 20 or more cases he is handling across Nigeria. So you can imagine the task involve. A judge as well may have over 200 criminal cases within a year to handle.
Las Las our judiciary is like travelling from Mowe via Ojodu Berger to Epe by 7.15 am Monday morning.
I felt putting these issues in perspective may help us in understanding where the problem really lies.

I'm not doubting you bro, you're right in all you typed. But all I'm saying is justice stalled is equivalent to no justice!

Why would you sentence someone to die, but the person goes on to live the rest of his/her life in prison. Instead of passing judgement on time to serve as a deterrent, it is stalled, and those looking up to the law gives up in the system!

1 Like

Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by LewinskyMon: 12:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
Serves him right, let him fúçk off grin
Re: Obinwanne Okeke To Forfeit $11 Million, Diamond Ring and Faces 30 Years Prison by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 12, 2019
planetx:

The jails here are like holiday home too buddy,you even get paid being there.I refer to America because his case is in America.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Fleeing Nigerians Arrested In China, As Police Operatives Storm Market / Photos Of Kidnapper Evans In Court Today / Lady Dies After Being Slapped With A Charm In Kwara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.