Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,619 members, 7,809,271 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:06 AM

Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card (2525 Views)

Army Warns Personnel To Be Active, Gives Shoot-At-Sight Order / Bomb Scare At Buhari's Campaign Rally Venue In Sokoto / Parents At GSS Abuja School Gate To Pick Kids After Bomb Scare (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by Mbeki: 8:03am On Oct 29, 2010
The plan to bomb some strategic locations in Abuja by some militant and religious groups has taken a new dimension in Abuja as authorities of the Nigerian armed forces have decided to thoroughly search their own personnel before allowing them entry into the Defence Head Quarters.

Apart from searching them, the personnel, who reported to their offices as early as 6am in the morning, were asked to produce their service identification cards. Those who did not have their service identification cards with them were turned back as the security personnel stationed at the gates disallowed any form of personal identification by superior officers of their soldiers, ratings and airmen and women.

The decision by the authorities of the armed forces, according to Daily Sun investigation, came about early this week, following intelligence report that some militants and religious groups were planning to bomb some strategic locations, including the Defence Head Quarters in the federal capital city.

Traffic at Area 7, Garki, where both the Defence Head Quarters, Army Head Quarters, Navy Head Quarters and the Air Force Head Quarters are located in Abuja, was screened as intelligence personnel from the Army, navy and Air Force searched staff buses carrying the military personnel from driving into the premises.

They were asked to drop them at the gate, after which the personnel would come down from the vehicle and form a single line, searhed and asked to produce their identity cards before they were allowed to enter.
Virtually every personnel of the armed forces that works at the DHQ was searched before being allowed entry into the premises. Those who were not searched were senior officers who had their stars and flags in front of their cars.

The decision to introduce this new security measure however did not go down well with some personnel who spoke to Daily Sun as they described the situation as very embarrassing especially when it drew the attention of residents around the military area who turned out in the numbers to watch the new drama. Some of the residents according to one of the personnel that spoke to Daily Sun said he thought the whole exercise was aimed at identifying fake soldiers.

But this new security measure may remain like this for some time as sources say military authorities say they are putting proper security measures in place to ensure the DHQ and Servicess headquarters are prevented from the acclaimed militants and religious groups.

Apart from searching its personnel, visitors into all military formations in Abuja are thoroughly searched and asked to place their personal effect in a safe box before they are allowed entry into the premises only after the personnel they are going to visit had cleared their names with security personnel at the gate.
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/oct/29/national-29-10-2010-003.htm
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by jeryl: 1:13pm On Oct 29, 2010
I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.
This is not just against Zenith, but against any other bank that is doing this unethical thing. People should know their right and fight for it. I have never heard of this type before and it must stop. I learnt banks like UBA use to do same until they met a customer their match and they stopped. So we must stop Zenith and other such banks. There are many ways banks make money. Zenith have all sorts of charges, but this is definitely the height of it- stealing from unsuspecting Nigerians!PLEASE START POSTING. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING WRITING EFCC & CBN ON THIS
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by Youngichou(m): 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2010
jeryl:

I am sorry to bring this here, but i feel like i'm going to choke if i dont speak out against Zenith bank daylight robbery on its customers. I was pleaded to open an a/c with them and i finally opened a savings a/c. But to my greatest surprise, anytime i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver. But i feel so sad that this is going on in a co-operate environment without recourse to customers. I don't have any problem with banks' charges, but c'mom, this is the height of it. In this period of online real time banking. U charged me for recieving money that creates liquidity for you that you also use to trade in all forms of say Tbills, Bonds, FX, loan customers, then you charge me? On a savings a/c? Haba! Without even telling me?
Then i told my firend who also informed that he once did an a/c to a/c transfer within two Zenith Bank savings a/cs and was charged C.O.T as much as N6,000.00. That really got me crazy, 'cos i know that other banks i bank with, they have never charged me for transferring money from one a/c to another within same bank. Haba!!! what kind of co-operate robbery is this. He was not even informed until he finished the transactions and saw his balance. How can you charge someone for ;
1. saving the bank cost and time by not queueing up to withdraw, thereby putting the bank through the stress of counting and paying, and then queue up again to pay the money (count again and deposit).
2. By creating liquidity for the bank since the money is not leaving the bank, but still within the bank.

Please, as much as this might be the wrong forum and there will definitely be dissenting voices. I urge all who support this to start posting it everywhere possibvle- twitter, facebook, sahara reporters, any other social network site.
Pls dont stop.
This is not just against Zenith, but against any other bank that is doing this unethical thing. People should know their right and fight for it. I have never heard of this type before and it must stop. I learnt banks like UBA use to do same until they met a customer their match and they stopped. So we must stop Zenith and other such banks. There are many ways banks make money. Zenith have all sorts of charges, but this is definitely the height of it- stealing from unsuspecting Nigerians!PLEASE START POSTING. I AM ALSO CONSIDERING WRITING EFCC & CBN ON THIS
must you post this on all thread
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by victorazy(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2010
Porous defence
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by impactmaka: 1:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
@Jeryl,

But you have created a thread for this, why are copying here again? we are suspecting you.
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by Skywalker5(m): 2:21pm On Oct 29, 2010
impactmaka:

@Jeryl,

But you have created a thread for this, why are copying here again? we are suspecting you.

He is just looking for attention.

why not email sahara reporters yourself? angry angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by chosen04(f): 3:31pm On Oct 29, 2010
@JERLY::

PLS STOP LIEING . . . . . . . . . .The N200 you were charged is called ''up country transfer''. It means money was credited/paid into your account from another region other than the region the account was opened. Thus you below statement is truely wrong:-

================================================================
But to my greatest surprise, [color=#990000]anytime[/color] i recive money into this a/c, they charge me a minimum of N200.00. The shocking thing is that they did not inform me neither did the alert they send to me display this. It was until i checked my previous balance from my present balance, that i noticed a difference. When i enquired, they told me that it is upcountry charge that i can get a waiver

==================================================================

Moreover, its not charged ''anytime you recieved money''. Its only charged ''each anything' you recieve money from another region''
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by BabaOsaze(m): 3:55pm On Oct 29, 2010
Can't they learn? Instead of them to just create Biometric ID cards for their personnels. All you need do is to scan your finger print and waalaa. The door is opened!
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by NOBLEICT: 10:47pm On Oct 29, 2010
50 YEARS OF NIGERIA IS ABOUT BOMB shocked
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by rasputinn(m): 8:38am On Oct 30, 2010
Sky-walker:

why not email sahara reporters yourself? angry angry angry angry

,,,,and copy Al Jazeera angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by JUO(m): 9:01am On Oct 30, 2010
send to cnn
Re: Bomb Scare: Military Personnel To Produce Id Card by gidson12(m): 11:07am On Oct 30, 2010
And FOX news

(1) (Reply)

Emir Of Kano, Sanusi, Visits Jonathan / Son Of Hamas Founder Says ‘allah’ Of Koran Is The Biggest Terrorist / Newly Appointed Italian Minister Of Parliamentary Relation "Wardrobe Malfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.