Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,997 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:41 AM

Whot! - Card Game - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Whot! - Card Game (35236 Views)

Rights Of Ownership To The Latest And Most Effective Romance Card Game For Sale / Mobile Multiplayer Whot! Game For Java Phones! / Free Whot Card Game For Your Blackberry And Nokia: Proudly Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whot! - Card Game by ababoy1(m): 3:44pm On Jan 19, 2006
I remember playing this game in Nigeria. Can someone please tell me what the rules are again?

Thanks
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Seun(m): 3:24am On Jan 25, 2006
"It is reported that Whot! has become the national card game of Nigeria, and that cards are also made locally for the game."
http://pagat.com/com/whot.html

Rules Of Nigerian Whot: http://pagat.com/com/whot.html#nigerian

1 Like

Re: Whot! - Card Game by hotangel2(f): 3:33am On Jan 25, 2006
I used to play whot. But i obviously didn't know wat i was doing then. My cousins play it.. Omg, i remember. I remember general market, I need a something, Hold on, Suspension, star, triangle, cross.. and soo much more.
Re: Whot! - Card Game by ghettochyk(f): 3:42am On Jan 25, 2006
i love that game to death. i went to nigeria, before i came back to america, i bought 2 packs to comeĀ  home with. i still got it. too bad my bredrens & sistrens can't play it. no one can beat me in that game..well maybe not!!! any objections? cool i have no one to play it with.. cry cry
Re: Whot! - Card Game by ababoy1(m): 7:50am On Jan 25, 2006
Thanks Seun, and everyone else. I might just see if I should develop an online whot game....If I can find the time, that is....

Thanks
Re: Whot! - Card Game by sexydoll(f): 7:31pm On Jan 25, 2006
i really loved playing whot when i was in Nigeria the rules i remember is pick three, pick two, last card and then you say check up at the end cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
Re: Whot! - Card Game by IAH(f): 8:36pm On Jan 25, 2006
I love that game too! I especially enjoy it when we are like 3 or 4 playing it. Semi last card...Last card..Check up! Does anybody remember the game Jackpot too?
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Ynot(m): 5:47am On Jan 26, 2006
@ababoy1

That will be very good. I love that game to death. Holla if you need any help developing the game. Hopefully, i can squeeze out time to help.
Re: Whot! - Card Game by ghettochyk(f): 6:00am On Jan 26, 2006
IAH:

I love that game too! I especially enjoy it when we are like 3 or 4 playing it. Semi last card...Last card..Check up! Does anybody remember the game Jackpot too?
yeah, gurl, that's tha game right there!! i can hit that jackpot like chingy!
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Oracle(m): 5:47pm On Jan 26, 2006
The game's great i really love it
itz a good way to keep yourself busy

Re: Whot! - Card Game by charlisco(m): 6:40pm On Jan 31, 2006
one of the rule if you play your last card without calling last card you will be penelised for it<< take 3 card along with ur card for not calling last card, it think something like that
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Rhodalyn(f): 12:06am On Mar 05, 2006
shocked shocked
Re: Whot! - Card Game by vita4sin: 4:03pm On Jul 30, 2006
http://www.pagat.com/com/whot.html

thats a link to the rules for playing whot! Hey who knows where I can buy this game, I live in Atlanta, GA I would really love to get a deck, and also ludo, I think I may buy Uno to suffice for now, but I would really love to get a deck of Whot!
Re: Whot! - Card Game by dolarpo(m): 9:14am On Aug 06, 2006
did any one ever play the part where u'll have to hide one or two cards in ur chair or in ur shoes? that was was the most crazy part of it. after playing for two hours or more, u find out that some one has been making some collections cheesy
Re: Whot! - Card Game by iice(f): 9:52am On Aug 06, 2006
Played whot since i was knee high, we even had championships lol, thou my cuz won after like 6hrs of playing the damn cards. Played it in boarding house esp when it was raining with our buckets of mangoes beside us grin Still play it occasionally grin
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Oracle(m): 11:23pm On Aug 17, 2006
charlisco:

one of the rule if you play your last card without calling last card you will be penelised for it<< take 3 card along with your card for not calling last card, it think something like that
Itz a rule but itz not actually compulsory
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Ebirraman(m): 8:01am On Feb 12, 2007
Hi,
I think of myself as the best player that ever played the game. For those who are thinking of developing the game on line, I would like to know if I can make any financial contribution or investment to facilitate it.
I haven't played this game in 16 years and still believe I am on top of my game. I can still humble any of you young people.
God bless Nanjaland.
Re: Whot! - Card Game by folkzy(f): 11:06pm On Feb 18, 2007
back in d day, i played 'whot wiv my friends n it was d best 2 keep us busy in boadin skool. Hopefully, when i go to Nigeria, i will remember to play it again kool memory man
Re: Whot! - Card Game by aloib(f): 3:11pm On Aug 26, 2007
sad to say, i still play it alone cheesy cheesy cheesy, me alone, i love tht game mehn,
general market, pick 3, pick 2,
Re: Whot! - Card Game by dfasoro: 10:26am On Jun 18, 2008
I had already developed a whot game since 2004.
But I am working on a mobile edition with bluetooth multiplayer connectivity
Anybody interested?

dfasoro@gmail.com
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Redvelvet3: 2:00am On Apr 13, 2009
Hi Everyone!!!!!!!!

I was wandering if anyone could tell me if it is allowed to block pick two and pick three. And with what cards. I was thinking it was the whot card (20) but i'm not sure.

Thanks
Re: Whot! - Card Game by iamjavadem(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2011
If you own a blackberry, you can download the demo game for your blackberry at www.wotcard.net
Re: Whot! - Card Game by toluxa1(m): 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2011
It seems some of the rules have changed now o.
Re: Whot! - Card Game by lilkech(m): 11:07pm On Dec 03, 2011
MODERN RULES OF WHOT

YOU DARE NOT END YOUR GAME WITHOUT CALLING 'LAST CARD' (SOME COC.KY ONES ACTUALLY CALL THEIR LAST TWO CARDS WITH A SEMI)

8 IS SUSPENSION

1 IS HOLD ON

2 IS PICK TWO (CAN BE BLOCKED WITH ANOTHER 2) - IF YOU GIVE ME PICK 2 AND I BLOCK WITH MY OWN 2 THEN THE NEXT PLAYER WILL HAVE TO EITHER BLOCK HIS OWN OR "PICK FOUR CARDS" . . . THE MULTIPLICATION PROGRESSES AND IN FEW OCCASIONS AN ERRING PLAYER ACTUALLY PICKS UP TO EIGHT CARDS

14 IS GENERAL MARKET

NO MORE JOKER (I NEED ?) . . . ITS RESERVED FOR KIDS BELOW THE AGE OF 15 TO PLAY WITH

ONCE MARKET IS FINISHED ALL PLAYERS MUST 'TENDER' THEIR CARDS FOR FINAL COUNTING TO ASSESS THE WINNER OF THE ROUND (NO MORE TURNING THE PLAYED STACK UP SIDE DOWN TO REPRESENT A NEW GENERAL MARKET)

STANDARD WAY OF BEGINING THE ROUND IS BY 'CUTTING' THE CARD INTO TWO PARTS . . . THE MARKET AND THE ACTUAL STARTING CARD PIECES TO BE SHARED TO ALL THE PARTICIPATING PLAYERS

HIDING CARDS IS LEGAL . . . SO FAR AS YOU DO NOT GET CAUGHT DURING THE ROUND (I.E, ITS ONLY LEGAL TO BRING OUT HIDDEN CARDS BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ROUND)

2 Likes

Re: Whot! - Card Game by iamjavadem(m): 1:29pm On Dec 08, 2011
Hurraayyyyyy!!!!!! You can now play whot on your blackberry or nokia for free just follow links below
Blackberry
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/65745?lang=en

Ovi STore
http://store.ovi.mobi/content/214279
Re: Whot! - Card Game by nikkyshyne(f): 10:06pm On Aug 17, 2014
Whot. Memories...
Re: Whot! - Card Game by BusterVEVO: 11:19pm On Feb 08, 2019
I need help ok

Is it possible to cancel a Joker Whot Card .i.e. 20 with another Joker Card, like for example, segun plays a 20 and says he wants circle, and I'm immediately after him, can I now block it by playing another 20 on top because I don't have the circle he's requesting for. Help!
Re: Whot! - Card Game by Bamibor: 2:48am On Apr 10, 2020
BusterVEVO:
I need help ok

Is it possible to cancel a Joker Whot Card .i.e. 20 with another Joker Card, like for example, segun plays a 20 and says he wants circle, and I'm immediately after him, can I now block it by playing another 20 on top because I don't have the circle he's requesting for. Help!

Yes, that is legal
Re: Whot! - Card Game by asad664(m): 12:20pm On Feb 26, 2022
briscola and Tressette are classic card games that originated in Italy but they are also very popular in Mediterranean countries like Croatia, Slovenia, Spain, and Portugal.

(1) (Reply)

Video Games Graphic Evolution: Then And Now. / All Android Pes 2018 Players Lets Meet Here / Maki Kaji Who Invented Sudoku Dies Aged 69

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.