Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,753 members, 7,824,161 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi (334 Views)

20,000 Nigerians Employed For Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi / FG Commences Ibadan-Kano Railway Project (Photos) / Coronavirus Outbreak May Delay Lagos-ibadan Rail Project – Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by News0006: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
The Federal Government has approved 5.3 billion dollars for the Ibadan-Kano standard gauge rail project, Mr Rotimi Amaechi, the Minister of Transportation said.

The minister disclosed this in a statement issued on Thursday in Abuja by his media aide, Mr Israel Ibeleme after the 3rd Maritime Stakeholders Interactive Forum held in Lagos.

“Yesterday, we got approval to complete the 5.3billion dollar Ibadan to Kano rail project and we have also applied for funding to commence coastal rail for the Port-Harcourt to Warri segment.”

Amaechi explained that the minister of Transportation, State, Gbemisola Saraki, has been assigned the responsibilities of overseeing all the maritime agencies.

He will be focusing on the Railway sector.

“In my first term as Minister, I completely abandoned the maritime sector to the Heads of agencies.

“This time around that would not be happening again as I have instructed that the Minister of Transportation for State should personally supervise the maritime agencies, while I just oversee what is happening.

“There are two things that I have discussed with President Muhammadu Buhari that I will be focusing on in this second term as a Minister and they are maritime security and the Single Window project.

“I have assured government that by the end of 2020, we should have the Single Window at our maritime sector.”

President Muhammadu Buhari directed the establishment of the single window platform that would integrate all government agencies at all the entry points into the country to promote trade and boost security.
credit: NAN
https://www.news9naija.com.ng/2019/09/12/fg-approves-5-3bn-for-ibadan-kano-standard-rail-project-amaechi/
Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by News0006: 2:40pm On Sep 12, 2019
Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by gideon1971(m): 2:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Bo
Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by rottennaija(m): 2:46pm On Sep 12, 2019
Let's face the fact, for the cost of goods and services to be low in this country, we need an efficient railway system traversing the length and width of this country.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by MERCHANDISER: 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
If you goto big countries like turkey,china,japan etc they use rail to connect all their cities,how i wish this can be replicated in Nigeria.

Chinese has this modern train that runs 300km per hour.Thats what we should be going for not LOCOMOTIVE TRAIN.

Connect Lagos-Ibadan-Niger-Kebbi to sokoto(1200)=4hours journey

Lagos-Onitsha(600km) 2hrs journey

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by NGpatriot: 3:14pm On Sep 12, 2019
Best news of the day.

God Bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by seankafor(m): 3:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
MERCHANDISER:
If you goto big countries like turkey,china,japan etc they use rail to connect all their cities,how i wish this can be replicated in Nigeria.

Chinese has this modern train that runs 300km per hour.Thats what we should be going for not LOCOMOTIVE TRAIN.

Connect Lagos-Ibadan-Niger-Kebbi to sokoto(1200)=4hours journey

Lagos-Onitsha(600km) 2hrs journey

it will take time time to connect every city in Nigeria to railway
This is where private investors comes in..

Watch our aviation and roads transport sectors..its mainly flooded by private companies and investors.

We need private investors in our railways system and we should also prepare to pay through our nose..

Good things doesn't come cheap
Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by seankafor(m): 3:18pm On Sep 12, 2019
rottennaija:
Let's face the fact, for the cost of goods and services to be low in this country, we need an efficient railway system traversing the length and width of this country.
true that..

We also need to support our local production and private investors..

1 Like

Re: FG Approves $5.3bn For Ibadan-kano Standard Rail Project -amaechi by Mynd44: 3:28pm On Sep 12, 2019

(1)

Where Is Sanwo-olu? / The Unity That Is Not There As A Nation! / Nigerian Diaspora: * Is Time To Flip The Scripts * By Elizabeth Adeola Oshodi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.