Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,267 members, 7,829,553 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Sega Is Back! Smaller And Amazingly Better! | Sega Genesis Mini - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Sega Is Back! Smaller And Amazingly Better! | Sega Genesis Mini (1080 Views)

The Genesis Order Mod Apk / Sega Announces The Game Gear Micro / Y'all Remember Sega's Street Of Rage? Well, It's Getting A Reboot. Memorieees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sega Is Back! Smaller And Amazingly Better! | Sega Genesis Mini by BlackPenNG: 6:56pm On Sep 12, 2019
It seems like a dream to have Sega back, the very console game I had back in the day. Over the years, I haven’t had console games (gaming on the system was enough for me), however, I’m considering getting this Sega Console. One thing to take from the new Sega Console is that it is way smaller than the old console you can remember. Say hello to the all-smaller Sega Genesis Mini. Overall assessment from here, Sega Genesis Mini is an all-round success. Take me back to the beautiful stress-less days of the Sega Genesis.

If you are a real gamer, a Sega fan, or someone who just wants to pass time, this is the game for you. Let’s dive deeper into the review.

On this console, you find the on/off toggle. In fact, with this console, you can get gaming right about the moment you get it out of the box. On the console, there is also the white rest button, the non-operable volume slider, the small cartridge slot (with a spring cover), as well as an expansion port. The expansion port is where the Sega CD and the 32X add-ons will go.

Connecting the Sega Genesis Mini is very easy, just bring out the HDMI cord, and connect the console to the TV. Power is generated from its USB adapter. This is simply a plug and play console. Amazing.

In the box, there are two controllers with three buttons. The cord of the controllers is six feet long, so there is no need for you to worry about an extender. The new controllers are not very different from what you get with the old console though (don’t expect a controller like that of PS or Xbox).

The pad is an 8-directional pad, and it is very good. For real. It would have been better if we got pads like that of the PlayStation, but these are also good enough for the games offered on the Sega console.

When it comes to the type of games offered, you can trust the quality and quantity. There are 42 games in the lineup, of which 40 are Sega classics (Of better quality, of course), while the other two are Genesis-bound “Tetris” and “Darius” an arcade game.

Yes, not all the games there on will catch your fancy, but you can be sure to have fun with these; Castlevania: Bloodlines, Wonder Boy in the Monster World, Streets of Rage 2, Contra; Hard Corps (I loved this), Gunstar Heroes and Mega Man: The Wily Wars.

The Sega Genesis Mini is just so convenient to use, and before you know it, hours will be gone. You can also set the screen size to be either wide screen or 4:3. If you are playing at 4:3, you can also choose the background you want.

There is just one thing to note though, the games on Sega Genesis Mini cannot be rewound. Unlike what you will find in different emulations of today.

Yes, when it comes to buying, you can buy on Amazon for just $79.99. Even if you are not going to use it for yourself, it would be an awesome gift for that little sibling of yours that has been up your neck for the next Christmas’ gift. Trust me though, if you are a retro fan, you wouldn’t regret gaming with this. Have fun.

Get ready, Sega Genesis Mini will be launched on the 19th of September, 2019.

The ending of the year is always dope, Apple launched iPhones, Sega is back, we await Google Pixel 4, and lots more we don’t know yet.

See all images here.

https://www.blackpenng.com/2019/09/sega-is-back-smaller-and-amazingly-better-sega-genesis-mini.html
Re: Sega Is Back! Smaller And Amazingly Better! | Sega Genesis Mini by Nurumaxy: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2019
for the kids

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Car Vs Massive Speed Bump - Beamng Drive / Who Remembers The Darkfall/eurogamer Scuffle? / Ps 2 Forsale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.