Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,510 members, 7,816,231 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... (7359 Views)

NADDC: Nigeria Now Has Capacity To Manufacture 400,000 Cars Yearly / ......20w50 Oil Does More Harm To Your Engine if it is not needed ... / Does Innoson Manufacture Or Just Assemble Cars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 8:16pm On Sep 12, 2019
Have been wanting to talk about this for a long time ..Few months ago I sold oil to a Customer.. He was very skeptical about buying oil from nairaland.. He stated he has bought expire engine oil before . He stated he bought expire oil from online stores before...

He couldn't believe that my prices was cheap.. He than asked to know the manufacture date of the oil .. Which of course I didnt know. I did finally was able to get the manufacture date. And he was satisfy and we ship the oil to Ibadan.. My point is when buying oil look at the back and check the manufacture date. Some brands are hard to decode and some are easy .. .. I would not recommend anyone to buy that has expired or has been sitting out in the sun for too long. Engine oil and other chemicals need to be stored away from sunlight and moisture to protect from additives from breaking down...

Mobil 1 is good for five years from the date of Manufacturing date... so am going to decode one of oil that will be arriving soon for sales...

So below we have 11019G05A.

A = Location
05 = Day Of The Month
G = The Month ...Letters are use as Months example. A for January. B for February, C for March , D for April , E for May ,
F for June, G for July etc

019= equals the Year

So basically the oil was manufacture on July 05 2019 .. It might sound a bit confusing.. But it is not .. Beware of expire oil been sold to you. Ask questions if the manufacture date is not printed on the back don't buy.. Oils have a shelf life of about 5 years ......

1 Like

Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by kingreign(m): 8:22pm On Sep 12, 2019
Okay
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by Nobody: 8:41pm On Sep 12, 2019
Dru23 you are getting better after healing from the radautoworks bug
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by ekkywolex(m): 9:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Great
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by radautoworks: 8:26am On Sep 13, 2019
Smartchoiice:
Dru23 you are getting better after healing from the radautoworks bug

Don't start no ish won't be no ish
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 8:33am On Sep 13, 2019
radautoworks:

Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by thebigkendo(m): 8:43am On Sep 13, 2019
dru23:

going to decode one of oil that will be arriving soon for sales...

A = Location
05 = Day Of The Month
G = The Month ...Letters are use as Months example. A for January. B for February, C for March , D for April , E for May ,

019= equals the Year

So basically the oil was manufacture on July 05 2019 .. It might sound a bit confusing.. But it is not .. Beware of expire oil been sold to you. Ask questions if the manufacture date is not printed on the back don't buy.. Oils have a shelf life of about 5 years ......
www.nairaland.com/attachments/10214728_sketch1568315936244_jpegfb63e0f68f0cdee1657b17a677daf7ec

Nice one.. I learnt something new today
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by Avedonn: 10:33am On Sep 13, 2019
It's confusing. But what's the point of inscribing the date if they don't want people to understand.
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 11:55am On Sep 13, 2019
Avedonn:
It's confusing. But what's the point of inscribing the date if they don't want people to understand.

I don't think they are making it hard for people to understand.. I think it is to keep better track and prevent fraud. The numbers include factory batch number . Their customer service is on the label too that u can call ..And also it stated on their website that their oil is good for five years from the date of manufacture.. They are been transparent with their product
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by Nobody: 11:56am On Sep 13, 2019
radautoworks:

You're addictive
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by paix(m): 1:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
dru23:
Have been wanting to talk about this for a long time ..Few months ago I sold oil to a Customer.. He was very skeptical about buying oil from nairaland.. He stated he has bought expire engine oil before . He stated he bought expire oil from online stores before...

He couldn't believe that my prices was cheap.. He than asked to know the manufacture date of the oil .. Which of course I didnt know. I did finally was able to get the manufacture date. And he was satisfy and we ship the oil to Ibadan.. My point is when buying oil look at the back and check the manufacture date. Some brands are hard to decode and some are easy .. .. I would not recommend anyone to buy that has expired or has been sitting out in the sun for too long. Engine oil and other chemicals need to be stored away from sunlight and moisture to protect from additives from breaking down...

Mobil 1 is good for five years from the date of Manufacturing date... so am going to decode one of oil that will be arriving soon for sales...

A = Location
05 = Day Of The Month

019= equals the Year

The number 11.............05A stands for what?
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 7:16pm On Sep 13, 2019
paix:
The number 11.............05A stands for what?

Can't recall what it stands for.. But matters the most is the manufacture date ....
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by mejai(m): 7:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Well done Dru23, i don learn am sharply
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 8:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
mejai:
Well done Dru23, i don learn am sharply

My brother thank you.. Me too I learn , I can't take full credit for it . It was one of my customer that brought it up when he wanted to buy my oil .. So I did some research and I called Mobil 1 USA and they broke it down to me .. So I needed to pass it on.. Most oyel seller will not be happy with me o ....
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by paix(m): 10:32pm On Sep 13, 2019
dru23:

Can't recall what it stands for.. But matters the most is the manufacture date ....
Thank you. I just didn't want to miss any vital info on the oil that's why I asked.
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by olumzzz(m): 7:23am On Sep 14, 2019
What about this my Castrol oil?
Doesn't look like it's the same format.

Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 12:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
olumzzz:

Each brand has their own format.... I will check with my own format to see
Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by dru23(m): 3:10pm On Sep 14, 2019
olumzzz:

This is my USA Castrol format.. Looks like yours.. I will call castrol customer service USA to explain the code .. And get back to you .. If I was to guess my was manufactured 2019.. But I go find for sure

Re: ......how To Read Out Manufacture Date Of Your Engine Oil.... by olumzzz(m): 6:25pm On Sep 14, 2019
dru23:

This is my USA Castrol format.. Looks like yours.. I will call castrol customer service USA to explain the code .. And get back to you .. If I was to guess my was manufactured 2019.. But I go find for sure
Great.
Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Can I Change Fuel System From "Injector To Cabaurator" Vento GL / Different Btw M/benz C180,c200,c230 N C230 Kompressor. / Which Is Better, Daihatsu Hijet Or Suzuki Every?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.