Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister (13542 Views)

Okpara Square To Umuahia Tower To Be Ready Before Christmas — Otti / $430 Million Enugu-Cameroon Highway To Be Ready Before End Of 2021- AfDB / 5 New Airport Terminals Resiliently Continued By Buhari, To Be Ready Before 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by GavelSlam: 10:15pm On Sep 12, 2019
selemempe:
i was against wat? Are u ok? Plus since u are not igbo, dont ever pretend to tell me how to spell an igbo name

You cannot spell his name that is very much in the media.

You guys have sworn to hate Amaechi for life. Suit yourself.

But it is a lesson for your likes.

Regardless of your political leaning, you must lend support to the authorities so they can provide.

The minute you begin to present resistance, you and not the authorities would suffer.
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by selemempe: 10:17pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

You cannot spell his name that is very much in the media.

You guys have sworn to hate Amaechi for life. Suit yourself.

But it is a lesson for your likes.

Regardless of your political leaning, you must lend support to the authorities so they can provide.

The minute you begin to present resistance, you and not the authorities would suffer.
amechi should go and ask himself why all his people hate him.
He would soon be irrelevant, then we would look back and check if he has any legacy projects in the old eastern region
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by InvertedHammer: 10:19pm On Sep 12, 2019
mrakeli62:
The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, has said that the Akanu Ibiam Airport, Enugu, will be opened for local and international commercial flights before Christmas.

Speaking on Channels Television, the minister said that work was ongoing and if there was sufficient funding to complete repairs on the dilapidated runway, the Federal government would reopen it before Christmas.

“Work is ongoing. If everything is equal and we get all of the funding, we intend to reopen it before Christmas. Work does not necessarily mean the bringing of equipment into the airport to begin the reconstruction of that particular airport or runway; work entails the planning, mobilising people for work and the actual work itself. The planning is even more important than the work itself because when you plan very well, you succeed.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/enugu-airport-ready-before-christmas-aviation-minister/amp/

/

Kindly read again. I highlighted the most important statement.

Good bye Akanu Ibiam Airport.

/

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Dpharisee: 10:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
WYMAN:
development comes with a cost, and discomfort is one of them. it's a welcome development by me.

Is that your grandfather's 1950 Ford undecided
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by GavelSlam: 10:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
selemempe:
amechi should go and ask himself why all his people hate him.
He would soon be irrelevant, then we would look back and check if he has any legacy projects in the old eastern region

He would be as irrelevant as Frank Nweke Jr or Ben Bruce.

At the end, the world is a stage. You play your part and leave.

You are the one feeling bitter.

Amaechi is an achiever.
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Stingman: 10:31pm On Sep 12, 2019
Speaking on Channels Television, the minister said that work was ongoing and if there was sufficient funding to complete repairs on the dilapidated runway, the Federal government would reopen it before Christmas.

Mark this thread..that Airport will not completed on that date.

No project in the north or SW is tied to availability of funds.

...people will start to blame ipob now!

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Stingman: 10:36pm On Sep 12, 2019
“Work is ongoing. If everything is equal and we get all of the funding, we intend to reopen it before Christmas. Work does not necessarily mean the bringing of equipment into the airport to begin the reconstruction of that particular airport or runway; work entails the planning, mobilising people for work...

The Federal government through the Federal Aviation Authority of Nigeria (FAAN), issued a shutdown date on August 24, 2019, for rehabilitation of the runway and upgrade of its facilities to meet international standard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why didn't you complete the planning before closing the airport? It is either black people are mental disturbed or this is another plan to punish the Igbos as usual.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by WYMAN(m): 10:39pm On Sep 12, 2019
Dpharisee:

Is that your grandfather's 1950 Ford undecided
no, my great grand father's. shut up if you don't know about cars, because that's 2009 ford explorer.
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by SolarHub(m): 11:00pm On Sep 12, 2019
Congratulations
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by selemempe: 11:03pm On Sep 12, 2019
GavelSlam:

He would be as irrelevant as Frank Nweke Jr or Ben Bruce.

At the end, the world is a stage. You play your part and leave.

You are the one feeling bitter.

Amaechi is an achiever.
am not bitter at all. I am in the comfort of obodo oyinbo looking at the mess u and them politicians are creating in the name of playing politics. I have never ever hated an hausa or yoruba man in my life. Even supported the terrorist in aso rock for 2015. Then he won and told me and igbos who voted for him not to expect much from him. Reckless and irresponsible talk from a leader...but oh well am over all that now. God bless america

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Baroba(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
Interesting

1 Like

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Organs(m): 11:24pm On Sep 12, 2019
FFK was once aviation Minister. Maybe he never visited this airport while he was minister however, he is beloved by IPOB because he joins them in abusing Buhari and that abuse has not advanced anybody including him, FFK in any way shape or form.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by GavelSlam: 11:28pm On Sep 12, 2019
selemempe:
am not bitter at all. I am in the comfort of obodo oyinbo looking at the mess u and them politicians are creating in the name of playing politics. I have never ever hated an hausa or yoruba man in my life. Even supported the terrorist in aso rock for 2015. Then he won and told me and igbos who voted for him not to expect much from him. Reckless and irresponsible talk from a leader...but oh well am over all that now. God bless america

Hahaha.

And because you are in Anerica, you cannot be bitter?

Your tone says otherwise.

I would wager that use of such terms as terrorist, using all manner of invectives on Amaechi, you most likely did not vote Buhari.

Never get too comfortable because you are away.

The South African experience should humble you.

By the way, I put it to you you are not in Amarica.
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by signz: 12:59am On Sep 13, 2019
InvertedHammer:

/

Kindly read again. I highlighted the most important statement.

Good bye Akanu Ibiam Airport.

/

[/b]To further butress your point[b]

December Reopening Not Realistic – Source
There are strong indications that the December 2019 date for reopening of the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu State, may not be feasible.

Investigations by The Guardian revealed that more than two weeks after the airport was shut to traffic to make way for the repair of its runway and general rehabilitation, work is yet to commence even as there is no budget to that effect.

It was further gathered that even the contracts outlined were yet to be awarded as a result of the Federal Government’s inability to decide, which construction firm (between Julius Berger and PW) was suited for the job, scope of work to be embarked upon, and the road repairs in the zone aimed at cushioning the effect of the closure. The airport was closed on August 24.

The Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sarika, told reporters after his meeting with southeast governors, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and other stakeholders in Enugu, last weekend, that the airport’s runway would be rehabilitated and extended, damaged tarmac rebuilt, and new landing equipment with night landing facility installed, but failed to disclose the contract sum and who among the contractors had been awarded the job.

Southeast governors on their own did not hide their preference for Julius Berger following alleged poor job earlier done on the runway by PW.

A competent source in the Aviation Ministry told The Guardian that funding may delay the work as about N6.5b is needed to rehabilitate and expand the runway alone, while another N1.5b will be required to fix the runway lights and bring it to international standard.

The source added that while the runway would be expanded from three kilometres to about 3.6 kilometres, the fencing of the airport to enhance security may take an additional N100m.

The source further disclosed that the delay in the takeoff of works was compounded by the level of disrepair on alternative routes suggested by the Federal Government for air users in the zone to get to Owerri, Asaba and Port Harcourt airports.

The alternative routes in the South East, which, would serve as palliatives to the airport’s closure are completely impassable, without immediate intervention, they would not serve that purpose.

Already governors of the zone have written to the Ministry of Works and Housing alerting on the dangers posed by the alternative routes and called for immediate responses.

The letter written on September 5, was signed by the Director-General of Southeast Governors’ Forum, Prof. Simeon Ortuanya.

It had highlighted the current state of the roads, frustrations that users face and called for emergency repairs.

Meanwhile, governors of the zone have inaugurated a Project Supervision and Implementation Committee to oversee the palliative measures suggested by the federal government. The committee led by Chris Okoye, Commissioners of works from the five states; Prof. Fred Eze representing Ohanaeze Ndigbo, and Archbishop Fred Ede, representing the clergy.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/no-budget-for-repairs-of-akanu-ibiam-airport/

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by selemempe: 1:48am On Sep 13, 2019
GavelSlam:

Hahaha.

And because you are in Anerica , you cannot be bitter?

Your tone says otherwise.

I would wager that use of such terms as terrorist, using all manner of invectives on Amaechi, you most likely did not vote Buhari.

Never get too comfortable because you are away.

The South African experience should humble you.

By the way, I put it to you you are not in Amarica .
sure am not there. Dont know whr that is
As for voting buhari in 2015, u can believe wat ever u want..but pls dont lie to urself that u dont knw that buhari lost some supporters after 2015
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by GavelSlam: 6:16am On Sep 13, 2019
selemempe:
sure am not there. Dont know whr that is
As for voting buhari in 2015, u can believe wat ever u want..but pls dont lie to urself that u dont knw that buhari lost some supporters after 2015

Admit it, you are not in America.

You know I've caught you out with your blatant lies.

More so, you never voted Buhari.

One can deduce a lot of things from your contributions on this forum.
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by exquisitehair(f): 7:07am On Sep 13, 2019
okay
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by Cantonese: 7:14am On Sep 13, 2019
selemempe:
i was against wat? Are u ok? Plus since u are not igbo, dont ever pretend to tell me how to spell an igbo name

Definitely you are not an Igbo person. By the way how is the name pronounced?
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:59am On Sep 13, 2019
I will not say anything until December 2019
Re: Enugu Airport Ready Before Christmas -aviation Minister by ofiko123(m): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2019
Nice one.. I hope it is truly ready before Christmas..

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osinbajo Lists Support Schemes For MSME Survival / Oyo: PDPVanguard Withdraws Support For Seyi Makinde, APC Welcomes Them / Sanwo-Olu And Hamzat Receive Certificates Of Return

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.