Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,373 members, 7,868,108 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 11:02 AM

“Lord, From Today...” - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / “Lord, From Today...” (141 Views)

My 12-year-old Did This Animation From Today’s Story! / Corona Virus Update: Photos from Today's Sunday Service / Take Money Away From Today Churches - None Will Be Man Of God! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

“Lord, From Today...” by VLadipo: 10:11pm On Sep 12, 2019
Come now, and let us reason together, says the LORD. Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow. The blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanses us from all sin.
Isaiah 1:18; 1 John 1:7

“Lord; from today...”
At the age of 13 Erino Dapazzo was an apprentice living far from home. His mother prayed for him and in every letter reminded him to read his Bible. One day Erino found his Bible at the bottom of a suitcase and opened it by chance. The Word of God awakened his conscience and showed him that his life was not in order before God.

“Things must change,” he told himself. He decided to make some new resolutions: “Lord, from today I shall obey my boss and stop lying.”

Despite his efforts the days passed with success. Finally, he decided to write on a sheet of paper: “Lord, from today I shall not sin any more, I promise you. It was the last time!” (signed Dappozzo). Wasted effort!

He had to concede the failure of every attempt and the uselessness of his resolutions. He then realised that only Jesus Christ could, in His grace, deliver him from his sins, having died for him.

Later, when he was an evangelist, he told his listeners: “1,000 million silver coins, a million prayers, a cargo of good works and an ocean of tears cannot remove a single sin from your life, but the precious blood of Jesus Christ that flowed at the cross can obliterate them all.”

Dear reader, do you say, “Lord, from today”, like Dapazzo? Do you try to better yourself and satisfy God by your efforts? Do what he did: stop trying and ask Jesus, the Saviour, for help. He loves you as you are and wishes to save you, free of any charge.

You have just read "The Good Seed" daily devotional for September 12, 2019. For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

(1) (Reply)

Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens:monday, September 16, 2019 / Becoming A Godly Employee / The Debate Concerning Christian And Trad Marriage Priority For *africans*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.