Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,094 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos (46109 Views)

Sallah Celebration: Alaafin Of Oyo, Oba Adeyemi & His Wives Step Out Together / Alaafin of Oyo and his wives on holiday in London. PHOTOS / Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi & His Wives At His Daughter's wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by GODPUNISHALABI: 4:56pm On Sep 13, 2019
Iamgrey5:

You think it's everyone that is smart by half grin
thats not the real Igbo that shows the person is fake ....no real Igbo will write “je chuba ego “ as je chu pe ego “
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by hiltop2: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Mennn, those wives were confirmed witch, especially the one on the left hand side of Kabiyesi undecided
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by efighter: 5:20pm On Sep 13, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

Afonjas and ugliness grin 5 n 6

MAD 301: Principles and Practice of Advanced Madness.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by MusaChukwudi: 6:13pm On Sep 13, 2019
lzaa immhotep

PLEASE SHOW ME ANY DATED PICTURE LIKE THIS FROM IGBOLAND AND I WILL DASH YOU MY HOUSE!!!

SOME PEOPLE FROM A PARTICULAR REGION OF THE COUNTRY, FULL OF CRIMINALS LIKE THOSE BROUGHT BACK FROM S/SFRICA DO NOT HAVE KINGS, KINGDOM OR HUMAN URBAN SOCIETY.

REASON THEY WANT TO DIE IN LAGOS INSTEAD OF TAKING LAGOS TO IGBOLAND!

AFONJA ROCKS!!! HAVE BEEN ROCKING FOR CENTURIES!!!!

KABIYESI OOOOOO! ALAFIN!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by LZAA: 6:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
MusaChukwudi:
lzaa immhotep

PLEASE SHOW ME ANY DATED PICTURE LIKE THIS FROM IGBOLAND AND I WILL DASH YOU MY HOUSE!!!

SOME PEOPLE FROM A PARTICULAR REGION OF THE COUNTRY, FULL OF CRIMINALS LIKE THOSE BROUGHT BACK FROM S/SFRICA DO NOT HAVE KINGS, KINGDOM OR HUMAN URBAN SOCIETY.

KABIYESI OOOOOO! ALAFIN!
Ndo o grin

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Pusyiter(m): 6:40pm On Sep 13, 2019
You no go kill person with laff ooo grin
Olamilekxy:
lion skin with head use as rug chai this is real traditional

not all this one that are taking henessy,moet to worship,
and I don't even think gods of nowadays are working cos dey have high on henessy

am sure the olden days queen we have some terrestrial power with the way they're looking while the nowadays queen will be costumer to BOBRISKY SKIN CARE

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by ayandee: 7:00pm On Sep 13, 2019
ruffbamreal:
Oladigbolu kini ọba Aláàfin Ọ̀yọ́. Ọba ńlá tí ń fi ọba jẹ. Ọba borokini, baba Salami. Alowo ládùúgbò baba gbadegesin.....
"Láti inú ìwé Alawiiye ìwé kẹrin tàbí Kàrún"
wa gbayi
"oko dudu, oko pupa
ore ajele"...
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by damilogogle(m): 7:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
etinanguy:
I doubt the first pic was taken between 1905-1911. Look at the modern day smooth concrete design wall. For your information am an architect who deals with vintage designs and i can categorically say that, this pic was taken from 1949 upward. This design came up after the end of second world war and it was the Germans architects that brought up this design and it became prominent in the 1950s.

Etinanguy

Oga stop disgracing your ancestors by spewing rubbish here.

4 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by renewable1(m): 8:31pm On Sep 13, 2019
Cool.

Check my signature for an amazing promo now
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 13, 2019
MusaChukwudi:
lzaa immhotep

KABIYESI OOOOOO! ALAFIN!
We all know you are in sifia pains, but Igbo amaka grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by ekestic1976(f): 9:18pm On Sep 13, 2019
Oloyo Lawani Amubieya!
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Autotech312(m): 9:36pm On Sep 13, 2019
Iwanttoto1:

Afonjas and ugliness grin 5 n 6

U deserve this

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by iAmViper(m): 11:03pm On Sep 13, 2019
Diversity and culture!!
Yoruba are leading
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by etinanguy(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2019
damilogogle:

Oga stop disgracing your ancestors by spewing rubbish here.

I know is hard for a fool like you to know what your forefathers didn't know.

You want me to school you? Never.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by gaskiyamagana: 2:35am On Sep 14, 2019
udoka2013:
Iku baba yeye!
What of IKU IYAWO YEYE?
Will Dangote not think twice over the King request to come and establish industry in Oyo? I mean, time and energy to be spent on productivity of such industry will be spent on satisfyng oyo township oloshos as modelled by the King.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Uglyojuku: 11:58am On Sep 14, 2019
etinanguy:
I doubt the first pic was taken between 1905-1911. Look at the modern day smooth concrete design wall. For your information am an architect who deals with vintage designs and i can categorically say that, this pic was taken from 1949 upward. This design came up after the end of second world war and it was the Germans architects that brought up this design and it became prominent in the 1950s.

Etinanguy

It was.This is another one..

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by etinanguy(m): 2:39pm On Sep 14, 2019
Uglyojuku:

It was.This is another one..
Bro don't be deceive, this is not 1905-1911 settings.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by baby124: 6:02pm On Sep 14, 2019
etinanguy:

So Europeans have to create it before we have it? In 1941, Yoruba women’s fashion had changed a lot. So his wives are wearing fashion from the early 1900’s. Iro, Ipele and Iborun... the buba came in much later in the 1930’s and onward.

That is how they claimed the Ife heads must have been from Atlantis because they couldn’t believe we were smelting iron at that time and so perfectly. Even better than Europeans. This pic is from that time frame and much more beautiful than the rubbish in some so called British castles. Only if we can appreciate our own.

Yoruba craftsmen and Smith’s were some of the best. It’s because everyone wants to hold office job that those traditions have been lost.

There was even a ruler that paved the streets of Osun long before paving of streets was known in Europe. Her name was Queen Luwo and her paved roads are called Apaadi Luwo.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Nobody: 7:50am On Sep 15, 2019
Ishilove:
'Wifes'.

Smh.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by damilogogle(m): 1:58pm On Sep 17, 2019
baby124:

So Europeans have to create it before we have it? In 1941, Yoruba women’s fashion had changed a lot. So his wives are wearing fashion from the early 1900’s. Iro, Ipele and Iborun... the buba came in much later in the 1930’s and onward.

That is how they claimed the Ife heads must have been from Atlantis because they couldn’t believe we were smelting iron at that time and so perfectly. Even better than Europeans. This pic is from that time frame and much more beautiful than the rubbish in some so called British castles. Only if we can appreciate our own.

Yoruba craftsmen and Smith’s were some of the best. It’s because everyone wants to hold office job that those traditions have been lost.

There was even a ruler that paved the streets of Osun long before paving of streets was known in Europe. Her name was Queen Luwo and her paved roads are called Apaadi Luwo.

stop wasting your time enlighten that ignorant of OYO EMPIRE history

1 Like

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by damilogogle(m): 2:00pm On Sep 17, 2019
etinanguy:

I know is hard for a fool like you to know what your forefathers didn't know.
You want me to school you? Never.

School me
you need to go back to school and learn more about modern OYO EMPIRE
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Olu317(m): 10:49am On Sep 19, 2019
etinanguy:

Etinanguy
Your Doubt has nothing to do with Yoruba's history. Kindly view Ife-Sungbo Archeological Project -Mission to see some of the feat of the ancient Yorubas. NL is far from some germane information that is about Yoruba people. In fact, Samuel Ajayi Crowder's picture existed before 1900,so also Ogedengbe Agbogungbro's picture existed before 1900. And as at 1938 upward , The Alaafin of Oyo was , Lamidi Olayiwola Atanda Adeyemi, even with pictures. Thus, your 1949 and 1950 are false. Get your fact correctly about Yoruba people before misleading your readers.

2 Likes

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by MetaPhysical: 1:41am On Sep 23, 2019
etinanguy:

Etinanguy

Guy, c'mon!
America has been erecting buildings with tiled surface since 1800s. They have old buildings with facade just like we see here in the palace. Most old federal buildings in Washington DC built in mid 1800s had this architecture.
Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by MetaPhysical: 1:50am On Sep 23, 2019
etinanguy:

You cant believe your eyes ehh? grin

You just dont believe this is possible achievement for blackman. Yoruba had always been a pioneer and a fore civilization. Lugard destroyed our repute by joining us with you forest people who were taken out of banana leaves and clothed in oversized second hand european shirt your white master no longer needed. grin

Have you ever seen such a palace as you see in this picture before in your life? I dont even think its in use anymore sef....its probably in preservation now.

Believe us when we say Yoruba is a superior civilization than any in Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alaafin Of Oyo, Lawani Amubieya With His Wives, From 1905-1911 (Throwback Photos by Olu317(m): 1:12pm On Sep 24, 2019
Yoruba people, the Custodian of the world authentic history of the almighty God called Iwa,who created heaven and earth in Nineveh(NinuIfe), a land around the Tigrisand Euphrates River. The people whose language is codified as the Bible . The people who brought religion of God to the planet Earth because cheesy they are the chosen of God for his purpose. The People whose purpose of their creation is to show the world through the spared family of the world after the destruction of the land of Oorù(אור Or) in Middle East, with water, that he alone be feared and revered as the Life and the only creator of everything.

The Yoruba people who're admired because of their understanding of the power of the God that spoke and it became known to men as Efaodu . The Efaodu that was heard through Ebora(Abram), the one whose name is drawn from Ora אור . The name Ora came out of Ora mi e Ala, who is the creator of the world in the book of life. The same name Allah(God) that Islam took from the Yoruba, whose ancestor was known as being associated to everything light. The same light that is the creator that walked with Ebora(Abram) my God companion, Hebrew~ (Ala bari). The light, Ora ninuufe, that called Ebora(Abram) to obey his word. This obedience of Yoruba Ebora( Abram), brought salvation to the whole world through Yeshua~Adamo orisa( Eshu). No Wonder the Yoruba land is religion centre of Nigeria and the world. Read it in Bible , Genesis 1:3) to the light of the sun (Isaiah 30:6), the light of instruction (Proverbs 6:23), the light of one's face (Proverbs 16:15), and the light of God (Psalm 4:6, Isaiah 10:17).

Hate to Love Yoruba's at your peril.Love to Hate Yoruba's or Love to Love Yoruba so that you become the blessing to your own families in your far and non Yoruba enclave. Stay in the land of the Yoruba and be blessed because it is the land of Chosen of God. Yoruba people are eternally blessed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Ika People{igbanke}. / Ovie Richard Layeguen, Delta Monarch Who Reads Without Glasses / Christie Sells Nigerian Statues Of Igbo Deities That Were Looted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.