Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,545 members, 7,827,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:24 AM

Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect (905 Views)

Nigerian Military Kills 2 Suicide Bombers In Borno / Know The 9 Indonesia Prison Inmates To Be Executed At Midnight Today / "I Know Where The Chibok Girls Are"-67Year Old BokoHaram Escapee Recounts Ordeal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect by mohadana: 5:15pm On May 17, 2007
Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —Goodluck, VP-Elect
Posted by admin on 2007/5/17 16:11:00 (395 reads)
By Okafor Ofiebor/ Port Harcourt

Shaking his head in disbelief and with tears welled up in his eyes, Governor of Bayelsa State and the Vice President-elect, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan yesterday inspected the bombed remains of his home in Otueke, Ogbia Local Government Area and declared: “We know those who did this. “We know who they are and where they came from. The attack is politically motivated and it is a follow up to the earlier attack on my official residence in Yenagoa on the eve of the Presidential election.”

Although Dr. Jonathan refused to reveal the identity of the militants he claimed bombed his country home for security reasons, P.M.News gathered that the security forces had been briefed and a manhunt was already on for the attackers.

Immediately after inspecting the bombed house with some of his aides and relatives, the Vice President-elect ordered the evacuation of his belongings from the house and relocated his family staying there.

The governor, who looked sad throughout the inspection, refused to talk much with newsmen but vowed that the perpetrators would be brought to book.

As expected, hundreds of symphatisers have been trooping to the Government House in Yenagoa to commiserate with the Vice President-elect. Among them were traditional rulers, politicians and associates.

The militants had on the eve of the presidential election attacked the Government House, Yenagoa, in a futile bid to abduct Dr. Jonathan. For several hours, they engaged the security forces guarding the complex in a shoot out which forced many residents of the city to stay indoors.

The militants also bombed the state water board office and Packline Hotel with dynamite and released 38 of their members arrested and kept at the ‘A’ Division of the Nigeria police in Yenagoa.

Many residents of the state capital are still stunned over the devastation caused by the bombers.

FlatThreadedNested Oldest FirstNewest First

The comments are owned by the poster. We aren't responsible for their content.
Poster Thread
Re: Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect by mohadana: 5:37pm On May 17, 2007
oops,wrong section.
Re: Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect by DisGuy: 5:54pm On May 17, 2007
I think the yorubas and northerns are responsible for this, they dont want niger deltans to progress <Sir Kazeem> grin
Re: Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect by deyour(f): 11:56am On May 21, 2007
Dis Guy:

I think the yorubas and northerns are responsible for this, they don't want niger deltans to progress <Sir Kazeem> grin

OMG
Here we go again,
Yorubas and Hausa's are now the militants in the Niger Delta shocked
Re: Breaking News : I Know The Bombers —goodluck, Vp-elect by DisGuy: 8:30pm On May 21, 2007
Sir kazeem tongue

(1) (Reply)

Look At This Crap / I Think Death Sentence Should Be Abolished The World Over. / Police Nab Three Suspects Over Murder Of Hunchback Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.