Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,155 members, 7,807,519 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

So Scared - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / So Scared (923 Views)

Why Are You So Scared Of 'the Inevitable'? / I / What Are You Most Scared Of ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

So Scared by NnamdiN: 6:38pm On Oct 29, 2010
Hey guyz, I don't really know how to put this but I'm scared of water(rivers, seas, oceans) my parents did everything they could to make me man up but they failed, it's really getting on ma nerves, my younger siblings taunt me often. You may want to know whether I don't travel,now I got many sunglasses, whenever I get close to anything that looks like water, I pull it down and close ma eyes, if u sit bside me, you gon think m with u but truth is, I ain't with ya. I told my stupid friends about it, they secretly arranged to take me to Ibeno beach in Eket, Akwa Ibom state without my knowledge, believe me y'all, I've never seen water as high as that one and I almost fainted. I've never been so embarrassed coz I was shouting like a baby. My doctor is suggesting I travel on speed boat from eket to oron, I don't know how my little coz heard about it, she called me to scare me, telling me d boat would capsize and that sharks will eat me up. I seriously wanna do it, but will it stop this whole thang Do you guys think it will increase my blood pressure I don't wanna die of HBP, one more thing, should in case d boat overturns,what should I do Plsssssssss do not make fun of me. I was wondering when I would summon enough courage to post this, I've done it now, help/crucify. For d records, m 20+
Re: So Scared by onstelly(f): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2010
If u are all that scare of water then i sugest u dont go near it.
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2010
For how long? All my life, I've only travelled from Aba to Uyo/Aba to Anambra state. I find it hard to travel during holidays, I haven't seen my G.parents in ages. Man I can't continue like this. Please do you find it strange? Have you ever come across anyone that fears water this much?
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 2:20am On Oct 30, 2010
Lol I used to be like you, until someone helped me overcome it smiley
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 6:49am On Oct 30, 2010
Please how did you overcome it? I really want to get rid of this phobia.
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 7:04am On Oct 30, 2010
God(prayer) cool

My extended family(sisters)

My man

My man took me to the pool, it was a struggle but I overcame.
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 8:23am On Oct 30, 2010
I would have tried the pool, my friend took me to this hotel, showed me d pool, my mistake was asking him how deep it was bcoz looking at it from outside made it seem very shallow, but d fool(who was tryna help) told me it was a little deeper than 6ft and that was it. No swimming, I won't even get closer to anything that has p let alone ool.
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2010
NnamdiN:

I would have tried the pool, my friend took me to this hotel, showed me d pool, my mistake was asking him how deep it was bcoz looking at it from outside made it seem very shallow, but d fool(who was tryna help) told me it was a little deeper than 6ft and that was it. No swimming, I won't even get closer to anything that has p let alone ool.

ROTLMAO grin grin grin grin grin You shouldn't have asked. You asked and he told you the truth. It is difficult but you have to do it if you really wanna overcome this phobia. Go as a group to the pool wit your friends and try getting in with them starting from the shallow end:

I used to think will die, you start imagining things like: What if something happens, what if I lose my balance, what if the boat/ship gets stucked half way thru, what if it capsizes, I mean alot of negative thought will come in.

I almost hated travelling from lagos to Abia state by road cos of "river naija" jeebusss shocked whenever we get close to river naija I just close my eyes and shiver and the first thing that comes into my mind is this : "What if this bridge collapses?" Honestly I used to think its a spiritual problem sef, my friends used to say I am possessed grin grin grin grin cos the phobia too much and that one added my fire to the whole thing, not until I went inside the pool did I discover freedom at last cool

If you really wanna get thru with this you have to work on that fear. THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2010
jennykadry:

God(prayer) cool

My extended family(sisters)

My man

b

My man
took me to the pool, it was a struggle but I overcame.

hope ur man isnt that guy on ur profile pics cos he looks scared
Re: So Scared by MrBones2(m): 9:26am On Oct 30, 2010
^^lol cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 9:53am On Oct 30, 2010
jennykadry:

ROTLMAO grin grin grin grin grin You shouldn't have asked. You asked and he told you the truth. It is difficult but you have to do it if you really wanna overcome this phobia. Go as a group to the pool wit your friends and try getting in with them starting from the shallow end:

I used to think will die, you start imagining things like: What if something happens, what if I lose my balance, what if the boat/ship gets stucked half way thru, what if it capsizes, I mean alot of negative thought will come in.

I almost hated travelling from lagos to Abia state by road cos of "river naija" jeebusss shocked whenever we get close to river naija I just close my eyes and shiver and the first thing that comes into my mind is this : "What if this bridge collapses?" Honestly I used to think its a spiritual problem sef, my friends used to say I am possessed grin grin grin grin cos the phobia too much and that one added my fire to the whole thing, not until I went inside the pool did I discover freedom at last cool

If you really wanna get thru with this you have to work on that fear. THE FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN.
you've relieved me. I thought I was alone on this, I guess I have to try d pool first, d boat thang is just too much for now. I guess I'll be able to look at rivers if I imagine it as a bigger version of d pool.
Re: So Scared by MissyB3(f): 11:21am On Oct 30, 2010
Why don't you start with travelling on the speed boat. No, it will not capsize and sharks wouldn't feast on you.
I'm afraid of heights. So, I understand the kind of fear.
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 11:41am On Oct 30, 2010
Wow and I love heights. wink
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2010
Lol I am working on my "heights phobia"

Missyb dont you feel all dizzy when you wanna look down from a high building? I cannot even climb the staircase or comedown without holding on to the rails. embarassed

I cannot look out of a window like so high above the ground
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 1:24pm On Oct 30, 2010
All these phobia sef, Back then in sec school, There was this dude who was so scared of enclosed spaces, he couldn't play hide and seek games coz he thought he wouldn't be able to come out from wherever he hid himself. Even to enter chick na wahala coz according to him, d thang too small, e fit enter, e no go comot again. lol
Re: So Scared by MissyB3(f): 3:20pm On Oct 30, 2010
jennykadry:

Lol I am working on my "heights phobia"

Missyb dont you feel all dizzy when you wanna look down from a high building? I cannot even climb the staircase or comedown without holding on to the rails. embarassed

I cannot look out of a window like so high above the ground
Thank God I'm not alone.
I so fear heights. When driving over a bridge, I never look down. Never.
I can't climb the staircase with holding on to the rails too. I don't even go on a swing o.
Ma mum convinced me someday to sit on a swing and she started swinging so fast, that, every back and forth movement took me higher. . . .Come see me screaming like a 3 year old baby.  grin grin grin

NnamdiN:

All these phobia sef, Back then in sec school, There was this dude who was so scared of enclosed spaces, he couldn't play hide and seek games coz he thought he wouldn't be able to come out from wherever he hid himself. Even to enter chick na wahala coz according to him, d thang too small, e fit enter, e no go comot again. lol
Lmao!
Re: So Scared by iice(f): 7:30am On Nov 01, 2010
Go the pool with someone you trust.
Play in the shallow end. Don't rush to try the deep end. Just enjoy being comfortable in water.
Re: So Scared by Nobody: 1:16pm On Nov 01, 2010
@poster:

The fear of large body of water is called aquafobia.

Its not your fault to fear it. majority of humans have one fobia or the other. Some have fobia for confined spaces, some for fast traveling vehicles, some for aircraft, some for boats some for height and other various kinds of animals and insects.

The best method to overcome your fobia is to approach it. for instance you that have aquafobia. get some nice friends and visit a large body of water. spend some time with your legs touching the edge of the water. do that 3 times a week for a period of two or three weeks. it may help you to overcome your fobia.

All the best.
Re: So Scared by NnamdiN: 8:00pm On Nov 01, 2010
greateros:

@poster:

The fear of large body of water is called aquafobia.

Its not your fault to fear it. majority of humans have one fobia or the other. Some have fobia for confined spaces, some for fast traveling vehicles, some for aircraft, some for boats some for height and other various kinds of animals and insects.

The best method to overcome your fobia is to approach it. for instance you that have aquafobia. get some nice friends and visit a large body of water. spend some time with your legs touching the edge of the water. do that 3 times a week for a period of two or three weeks. it may help you to overcome your fobia.

All the best.
thankx bro, I appreciate the encouragement.
iice:

Go the pool with someone you trust.
Play in the shallow end. Don't rush to try the deep end. Just enjoy being comfortable in water.

that's my first plan. Thankx
Re: So Scared by snthesis(m): 9:09pm On Nov 01, 2010
C all dis aje butter pikins shwin demselves.

My fear is yamophobia- fear of d extinction of yam.

@OP- dnt try d speedboat as yet, try gettin a shower first

(1) (Reply)

Greed; The Main Cause Of Nigeria Problems. / 3 Top Reasons People Log Onto Facebook / Gunmen Attack Nigerian Air Force Command Secondary School In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.