Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,904 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Beware To Avoid Getting Hacked On Whatsapp - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware To Avoid Getting Hacked On Whatsapp (913 Views)

Delete These 6 Apps To Avoid Getting Into Trouble With SARS / Protect Your Facebook From Getting Hacked / 5 Cool Things You Can Do On Whatsapp You Probably Didn't Know About (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Beware To Avoid Getting Hacked On Whatsapp by Nobody: 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2019
Welcome Reader, Be warned, hackers are now targeting WhatsApp account and you may be the next to be hacked if you don’t take necessary precautions.

Lots of users have been reporting that their WhatsApp account is being hacked; the ways at which they hacked their account is not just so funny… They exploit people on your list and give them fake news.

One of the affected WhatsApp users, confirmed that his phone number was changed and he was automatically removed from a WhatsApp group he belongs to. The supposed hacker then sent messages to the group about an investment that guarantees the investor receiving double of the amount invested within 30 minutes.To further investigate the hack, a call was put through to the supposed hacker to enquire about the advertised investment. The hacker claimed that “the investment is real and reliable and it’s secured under the Corporate Affairs Commission.”He then asked the caller to send the desired investment amount to an account number that he provided.

Continue Reading: https://naijtecho..com/2019/09/beware-to-avoid-getting-hacked-on.html

Re: Beware To Avoid Getting Hacked On Whatsapp by shalumzy: 1:54am On Oct 02, 2019
This was exactly my experience on September 12th when my own WhatsApp account was hacked into. I was exited from all the groups I belonged to. The ones I was Admin, the hacker changed my number to his and became Admin. From there he converted my groups to a fraudulent investment scheme where he was asking innocent people to invest their hard-earned money for humongous and incredible returns.

I was able to recover my account using the 2-step verification process provided for by WhatsApp.

You may want to read about my experience, how I recovered my account, the operational names and numbers of the hackers by following this link -
http://www.lumieconcepts.com/2019/09/whatsapp-hackers-on-prowl-beware-of.html

(1) (Reply)

Samsung A20E Phone Case For Sale / Infinix Note 4pro For Quick Grabs @35k / Airtel Smartrybe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.