Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,184 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

35 Years After Gani Fahwehmi Case, NBA Still Not A Legal Entity - Supreme Court - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 35 Years After Gani Fahwehmi Case, NBA Still Not A Legal Entity - Supreme Court (225 Views)

How To Remove A Director From A Corporate Legal Entity / FG Has Repaid Our 35 Years Of Service With Deaths, Paralysis, Poverty / Supreme Court Ends Four-decade Old Land Dispute In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

35 Years After Gani Fahwehmi Case, NBA Still Not A Legal Entity - Supreme Court by BarristerNG: 3:11pm On Sep 14, 2019
The NBA’s Self-Admission of Not Being A Juristic Person and How the Supreme Court was Not Properly Guided in Wome Moses Esq. V NBA

THE NBA’S SELF-ADMISSION OF NOT BEING A JURISTIC PERSON AND HOW THE SUPREME COURT WAS NOT PROPERLY GUIDED IN WOME MOSES ESQ. V NIGERIAN BAR ASSOCIATION (2019) LPELR-46918 (SC)

Please pardon my inelegant title, perhaps I was rattled by my recent discovery that the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) is surprisingly not a juristic person according to the body itself and the Supreme Court of Nigeria as held in the recent decision in Wome Moses, Esq. v Nigerian Bar Association (2019) LPELR – 46918 (SC).
Lest I am accused of lifting the court’s ratio in isolation of the facts and circumstances of the case and also for the purpose of clarity as well as undiluted understanding of the court’s stand point, I shall set out the non-contentious facts as follows:

The Appellant, a legal practitioner practicing in Port Harcourt was briefed by a member of a family to represent him in a case involving family land. The Appellant’s client lost at the High Court and he appealed but while the appeal was pending, the Appellant (Wome Moses) allegedly partitioned the family land and sold them by representing himself as the family lawyer without valid authority.
The disgruntled family petitioned the NBA Port Harcourt branch which culminated in a referral to the Legal Practitioners Disciplinary Committee which ultimately found the Appellant guilty and consequently recommended the Chief Registrar of the Supreme Court to strike his name off the roll of legal practitioners.

Read More>>>>> http://www.barristerng.com/the-nbas-self-admission-of-not-being-a-juristic-person-and-how-the-supreme-court-was-not-properly-guided-in-wome-moses-esq-v-nba/

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Happily Married Men Cheat On The Wives They Love / Multifunctional Gogo Pillow / Portable Stainless Steel Barbecue Grill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.