Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,730 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace (35968 Views)

Four Men Charged Over Theft Of £4.8m Gold Toilet From Blenheim Palace (Photo) / SARS Kill Cleaner During A Raid In Ilupeju (Disturbing Photos) / Nigerian Man Dies After Jumping During A Raid In Malaysia (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by johnaruson(m): 6:56am On Sep 15, 2019
Show us the pictures were it was removed, no pictures no stories!

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Hotzone(m): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2019
This Nigeria where shithole is more expensive than the people doing the shiiting
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by mercyvivv(f): 6:57am On Sep 15, 2019
Do they really shit in that gold thing?!

Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and other resource. Check my signature for details.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by idu1(m): 6:58am On Sep 15, 2019
God bless the theif
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Jabioro: 7:02am On Sep 15, 2019
I am going to hate my comment for the first time..I would do the same thing if I have the opportunity to..I hereby supported the thief..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:03am On Sep 15, 2019
Instead of you to hustle, you're bent on stealing from others undecided

We humans are really making the world hard for ourselves
Please check my signature
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by ChristmasBells: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2019
Dansioligy:
Anybody Wey no fit buy beer go say beer bitter. Remember the gold toilet is in a palace and the palace is expected to have such, so don't criticize the idea.
So True well said and i will also like to own a golden toilet too in my life time in jesus name!
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:12am On Sep 15, 2019
£1m, £5m, which one to believe.

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by xperiencelove(m): 7:20am On Sep 15, 2019
I will even steal it, sell it and use to proceed to feed the poor and help people with chronic health challenges.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Susu888(m): 7:24am On Sep 15, 2019
Damn undecided
Oyinbo and madness sha!
Shitting on £ 5million worth of gold shocked
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Coley234: 7:27am On Sep 15, 2019
I de wait for the film abeg.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by DCMIX(m): 7:28am On Sep 15, 2019
That's good. God bless the thief.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Susu888(m): 7:29am On Sep 15, 2019
Life is truly unfair cry
Person with a decent job struggles all his life and can barely scramble £ 1 million while others are spending £5 million jst to take a sh*t lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by omonla10(m): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2019
Almost 2 billion naira for one toilet.this will build over 500 flats. Oliver twist things.. For the greater good
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by JONNYSPUTE(m): 7:33am On Sep 15, 2019
That was a wrong move by the burglers. They can't sell it anywhere.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by EkunKekere: 7:34am On Sep 15, 2019
Which kind of moniker is this one again?!?

AnusOdourInhaler:
While some Britons are languishing in poverty, some high people are passing expensive shittt

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by BlackDuke(m): 7:37am On Sep 15, 2019
Why will someone name a toilet America?
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by AnusOdourInhaler: 7:37am On Sep 15, 2019
EkunKekere:
Which kind of moniker is this one again?!?
I no no too wo
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Ooye12: 7:44am On Sep 15, 2019
Your shit most be Gold as well grin
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by tillaman(m): 7:46am On Sep 15, 2019
I will gladly Do my business in that toilet and wipe my arse with a golden tissue paper!! The toilet no go dey smell na follow come perfume!
Our Naija babe go fit take selfie there Put am for Facebook for years!!!
Shitting things grin
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by deavicky(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2019
Nothing my ear no go see.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by panpan(m): 7:48am On Sep 15, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:

Gold can be melted and remoulded.

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by kophy(m): 7:51am On Sep 15, 2019
BlackDuke:
Why will someone name a toilet America?
ojú
titiloyeblog:
Burglars have stolen a solid 18-carat gold toilet, worth £5 million from Blenheim Palace in Woodstock, Oxfordshire, England

The operation took place in the early hours of Saturday, September 14.

The toilet titled 'America' which was created in 2016 by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan only went on display two days ago during an exhibition.

Thames Valley Police have confirmed the toilet was stolen and a 66-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the theft and remains in police custody.

Dominic Hare, chief executive officer of Blenheim Palace, told the BBC the toilet is valued at about six million dollars and was a 'very precious piece'.

He said the theft of the solid gold toilet 'was a huge shock'.

'Staff were instantly aware of what happened and police arrived very, very quickly indeed,' he added.

When asked if the artist had been contacted, he said: 'There were some slightly nervous calls at 6am but we have spoken to the artist and Lord Edward at the art foundation, and many of the trustees and they have been magnificent in their support.'

Mr. Hare added: 'We have a sophisticated security set-up here and we have had no loss of this kind in living memory, which probably reflects the quality of that operation.

'The events of the last 24 hours mean we may have reason to reconsider some of our systems.'

He was also asked whether a party, which took place at the palace on Friday night, could have created an opportunity for the theft.

In response, he said: 'We have been asked not to comment on the investigation. But there was a clear time separation between those things.

'There is always a risk when you display valuable art to the public, but it is worth that risk, even now, it was still worth that risk.'

Confirming that the palace would reopen on Sunday following repair works, Mr. Hare explained: 'We've now got a huge hole where there was once a golden toilet.'

Detective Inspector Jess Milne said: 'The piece of art that has been stolen is a high-value toilet made out of gold that was on display at the palace.'

Inspector Richard Nicholls added: 'We are aware they left about 4.50am this morning. CCTV is one of the aspects we are looking on and that will come out in due course.'

When asked if he believed a reception party held on the same night of the exhibition's launch could be connected, Insp Nicholls said: 'I am not aware of the reception party personally, but that would form part of our inquiries in order to ascertain events leading up to the item being stolen.'

Thames Valley Police also disclosed that the offenders broke into the palace overnight and left the scene at about 4.50am.

Detective Inspector Jess Milne said: 'Due to the toilet being plumbed into the building, this has caused significant damage and flooding.'

Detective Inspector Milne added: 'We believe group offenders used at least two vehicles during the offense.

'The artwork has not been recovered at this time but we are conducting a thorough investigation to find it and bring those responsible to justice.

She continued: 'Residents will see an increased police presence in the area while officers and staff carry out inquiries.'

'I am appealing to anyone who saw or heard anything suspicious in the area to contact police.

'You can call us on 101, quoting URN 273 (14/9), visit our website or visit a police station.'

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/09/burglars-steal-solid-gold-toilet-worth.html

Cc: Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Hnmmm, Vanity upon vanity, na you people sabi óò.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Antoeni(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2019
Nice One, Waste Of Tax Payers Funds, Why will they a Golden Toilet in the First Place.
For Shit matter

1 Like

Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Donjuan77: 8:09am On Sep 15, 2019
I don't blame d thieves but the owner of the said property, the money for acquring that stuff alone is enough to feed the whole inhabitants of that country for more than 30,000 decades.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Paulo3ree(m): 8:09am On Sep 15, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dis is literally an expensive shithole
That's the hritisb elite mocking asu for the comment their presido prumt made over one of their colonies (naija) shit hole, now the AIC wants to give them a balance assault by dispossessing them "American shit hole" from a well guarded facility and wanting to sell it right under their nose. Would have been a perfect assault to balance the insult if they did succeed in selling it in an open market, mehn if its for the money it could be easily sold off in some black market deals.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by Paulo3ree(m): 8:16am On Sep 15, 2019
JONNYSPUTE:
Hmmmm
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by jrusky(m): 8:17am On Sep 15, 2019
£1million, £5million OP wear your glasses pls.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by renewable1(m): 8:19am On Sep 15, 2019
Na wa o

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by vickyhow(m): 8:29am On Sep 15, 2019
Josnac:
wink
Very good if you ask me, I'm not a "vanity crew" member but what will you be doing with a gold toilet when your shit ain't gold and smell as bad as mine??

Lol
Well_said!
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by vickyhow(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2019
omonla10:
Almost 2 billion naira for one toilet.this will build over 500 flats. Oliver twist things.. For the greater good

What Is 500 ?

We Re Talkinq abt over 1000 standard flats on an average.
Re: Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace by GOFRONT(m): 8:33am On Sep 15, 2019
The person wen dey shit inside this toilet dey eat Golden food??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Angry Ghanaians Attack A Police Officer - Photos / 15-year-old Arabic Pupil Kills Neighbour, 26 (photo) / How Much The EFCC Recovered From January Through November, 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.