Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,810 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly (18155 Views)

Worshipers Defy Flood To Attend Church Service (Video) / 4 Powerful Programmes To Start Your Year With / Four Powerful Reasons You Must Run From Premarital Sex On Valentine's Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Nobody: 9:14am On Sep 15, 2019
Let's have a fellowship!
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Nobody: 9:28am On Sep 15, 2019
Larryfest:
I attended my aunt's church last week for the first time this year and the pastor was of the opinion that salvation and healing in the church shouldn't be free since hospitals charge before they treat their patients so why come to the church expecting to get healing for free, mehnn i was so weak even listening to just that alone and i was wondering where in the Bible that was written..
you could have stood up and walked away... the pastor was a scam
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by xaggar(m): 9:33am On Sep 15, 2019
You go to church to worship God not Christ.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by nwamabo247(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2019
What if the church near your house, please nairalanders I need your help please see below

1 Like

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Larryallovernig: 9:44am On Sep 15, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 15 2019*

*GOD'S POWER NOT FOR SALE*
*TEXT:* ACTS 8:9-25.
_*�KEY VERSE* "But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money" (ACTS 8:20)._

It is a common scene in many religious assemblies to solicit for sponsorship of projects. Cash donations and offering collections from people who are hosting funeral ceremonies, birthdays, child christening and church inaugurations irrespective of the religious status and convictions of the celebrants and guests have become common. Many of these unsuspecting and unknowledgeable communicants implicitly believe that the more they are able to contribute or gather for the church, the greater the favour they will receive from God. What a misconception!

Our study is based on a narrative on one Simon the sorcerer in Samaria. Simon became one of the converts in the revival initiated by Philip. He however was impressed by the miracles that he saw. Awe-stricken, he offered money to receive the power of the Holy Ghost baptism. Peter's sharp rebuke is instructive to everyone today who thinks their monetary or material offerings can appease God and buy their way through to any of His gifts which are given only by grace.

Genuine salvation is by grace. All other gifts of God are by grace. Spending for God and the church's projects is not expected to substitute our submission to His instructions nor a means of ensuring a space in heaven. Giving material gifts in the church from a heart that is not genuinely born again is like saving money in a bank in which we have no bank account. What a wasted exercise!

Money cannot buy God's gift; half conversion is as bad as no conversion; covetousness is dangerous, deceptive and damning. However, genuine spiritual gifts are still available free of charge to those who can consecrate themselves to the Lord.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Giving money to the church is not an alternative to consecration for God's gifts.

*COVER TO COVER* PSALM 139-150

*MEDITATION*

*Simon:* An example of saved but unsanctified believer

*1. Was Simon saved?*
Mark 16:16- "He that believes and is baptized shall be saved". Based on this, he was saved.
*2. Any further evidence to buttress his salvation?* a. He submitted to public baptism in water. This is a voluntary public identification with Christ without minding the consequences v13.
b. He forsook his sorcery, a source of his income. This is a great sacrifice and an evidence of repentance v13.
c. He continued in obedience and fellowship with the people of God without compulsion v13.
d. He humbly accepted sharp and open rebuke from his father in the Lord, or spiritual mentor, and requested for prayers v24.
*3. Was he qualified or ready for heaven?* NO!
a. The discerning Peter said: His heart is not right before God and does "not have part nor lot in this matter" meaning he was not qualified to receive the Holy Spirit power and gifts v20.
b. He was told, under inspiration, that he will perish except he repents even though he was a believer v20.
*4. What further disqualified him from heaven even though he believed the gospel?*
a. He had problem with bitterness. The reason for that is not given v23.
b. The thought of his heart condemned him as a sinner, though a believer v23.
c. Even though he has repented from sorcery, idol worship or open sins, yet there are issues in his heart (not action) that demanded further repentance even though he was saved vv20,22.
d. He was called a wicked person, though a true believer v22.
e. Though converted, he still had some inward sins that were yet to receive cleansing and forgiveness v22.
*5. What was really the problem with his heart?*
a. He was a popular person and he wanted to retain that popularity by all means vv9,10,18,19.
b. He had lust for power. Though he lost the one from sorcery he wanted the one from God with evil motive, that men may be giving him honour vv18,19.
c. He did not consecrate his wealth which he made through deception, sorcery and idol worship to God. He thought all God needed is money regardless of the source and how he made it. The angry response of Holy minister Peter is instructive. Questionably gotten wealth is not acceptable to the God of the Bible though may be cherished by modern day preachers v20.
d. He had a corrupted mindset that "money answers all things" including the gift of God v20.
e. He had evil tendency to corrupt and tempt holy ministers with money, in this case unclean money vv18,20.
*6. Can someone be a true believer and still not be ready or still miss heaven?*
Yes. Simon is an example.
*7. What did Simon needed more in addition to be a believer before his life can be pleasing to God*
a. Consecration of self, pride, ambitions and possessions to the Lord.
b. Inward purity, holiness, christian perfection or sanctification of heart Matthew 5:48, Deuteronomy 30:6, 2 Corinthians 7:1, Hebrews 12:14.
*Q* Are you a believer with clear evidence like that of Simon?
*Q* Are you sanctified and ready for heaven?�� Only few will make it because only few will make themselves ready and qualified. Strive to be one of them.

*HYMN* Take my life and let it be...

Take my life, and let it be
Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
Take my moments and my days,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
Take my hands, and let them move
At the impulse of Thy love;
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for Thee,
Swift and beautiful for Thee.
Take my voice, and let me sing
Always, only, for my King;
Take my lips, and let them be
Filled with messages from Thee,
Filled with messages from Thee.
Take my silver and my gold;
Not a mite would I withhold;
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as Thou shalt choose,
Every power as Thou shalt choose.
Take my will, and make it Thine;
It shall be no longer mine.
Take my heart; it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
It shall be Thy royal throne.
Take my love; my Lord, I pour
At Thy feet its treasure-store.
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for Thee,
Ever, only, all for Thee.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Ask for a real experience of salvation if any of the evidences are lacking.
2. Ask for the help of the Holy Spirit to reveal and expose the hidden wickedness, mindset and self in your heart.
3. Lord, I don't want to be patching up any longer, come and sanctify my heart totally and remove every invisible stains in my heart.
4. Lord, convict your children of all forms of self deceit, inward wickedness and stains and let the blood of Jesus be mightily available to purge those who genuinely desire purging.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by EgunMogaji2: 10:10am On Sep 15, 2019
This is all BS.

So if I’m marooned on an uninhabited island then I’ve sinned?

I have a direct path to god in my house with my bible, I don’t need a 3rd party translator.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by BluntBoy(m): 10:12am On Sep 15, 2019
africa4ever:

SOURCE: https://infoguide.com.ng/4-powerful-reasons-why-you-should-attend-church-weekly/

You don't go to church, you gather as a church.

And, church was never meant to be sermonic. Churches have become like public gatherings where pastors use the opportunities to display rhymes and British English and philosophies on how your investments in church can transform into a life without stress.

Church is supposed to be conversational. If you have ever lived near a mosque, you would have seen what it means to be conversational when in the evening, the men would gather and reason with each other the way Paul did in the temple.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by renewable1(m): 10:16am On Sep 15, 2019
It's well

You want a 1kva complete solar inverter today?

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by OtemAtum: 10:31am On Sep 15, 2019
Neoteny:
The more of you that congregate, the better for the pastor's bank account
If we have only people like me in church, pastor's bank account will be empty because I don't tithe nor give offerings. grin

4 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Sheunma: 10:33am On Sep 15, 2019
OtemAtum:
If we have only people like me in church, pastor's bank account will be empty because I don't tithe nor give offerings. grin
shocked
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by OtemAtum: 10:35am On Sep 15, 2019
Sheriman:
grin grin grin grin Nigeria is one of the religious country where a lot of people commit atrocities, at the same time a country where religion Centres are located 5Kilometre to each other.
5km ke? You should have said 5m instead.

2 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 10:37am On Sep 15, 2019
[quote author=Larryfest post=82247180]I attended my aunt's church last week for the first time this year and the pastor was of the opinion that salvation and healing in the church shouldn't be free since hospitals charge before they treat their patients so why come to the church expecting to get healing for free, mehnn i was so weak even listening to just that alone and i was wondering where in the Bible that was written..[/quote

That's just one pastor, there are other pastors who don't agree with that school of thought.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by ihatebuhari(f): 10:48am On Sep 15, 2019
Trippledee:

Jesus Christ is God undecided
he is God and God he’s forever
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Truefaith: 10:49am On Sep 15, 2019
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Reading the materials on this post, you would get the impression God is less interested in the doctrines and teachings in a 'church' than the mere fact of your gathering together in the 'church'. You are to judge which is more important to God.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by UnknownQueen(f): 10:53am On Sep 15, 2019
Rotentina:
Let me go and read this......

Oh, that is quite wonderful.....but....

I will tell you you Eight reasons you should worship God all alone!

Please state them.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by UnknownQueen(f): 10:55am On Sep 15, 2019
africa4ever:

SOURCE: https://infoguide.com.ng/4-powerful-reasons-why-you-should-attend-church-weekly/

I quite agree with number 1 & 3.... THE REST SHOULD BE THRASHED
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by kareemkamil(m): 10:58am On Sep 15, 2019
Just keeping deceiving your self, where did Jesus extablish Christianity. All of you will routine in hell fire.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by paqman: 11:07am On Sep 15, 2019
Rotentina:

please tell us because am not convinced enough
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by paqman: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
[b]
end time pastor
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Nobody: 11:15am On Sep 15, 2019
Waste of time

Milliions attend church daily and look at Nigeria ?
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by m140(m): 12:04pm On Sep 15, 2019
Neoteny:
mumu, go start your on church if he dey pain you. your money dey there? and if its there go collect am ....
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Mazigabriel(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2019
Larryfest:
I attended my aunt's church last week for the first time this year and the pastor was of the opinion that salvation and healing in the church shouldn't be free since hospitals charge before they treat their patients so why come to the church expecting to get healing for free, mehnn i was so weak even listening to just that alone and i was wondering where in the Bible that was written..
more than 90% of churches in africa are just profit making organisation

2 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by oluscofield(m): 12:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
helinues:
4 reasons why I dont attend

1. God is everywhere

2. My time is precious to me

3. I can't be putting myself on pressures all in name of wearing latest to church every Sunday ( it dey chop money)

4. I can't be among the congregations where 1 person can employed all the jobless people in the church but he wont do. He will prefers to give all to pastor and church

Good points... my religion is being good to all
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by vicardino(m): 12:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
Larryfest:

Sir, you should have asked the pastor where his assertion is written in the Bible. Till Christians start asking pastors questions publicly, most of these pastors won't sit up and preach aright. Not to disrespect them but to ascertain where their preaching is in the Bible. Are pastors the one doing the healing? While it's true that sacrifices are being made for the Anointing and sustenance of it, the love and the joy on the face of the healed person should be more satisfying than whatever bill they are billing for healing
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by olowofariwo(m): 12:47pm On Sep 15, 2019
op! point of correction "worship GOD" not "worship JESUS"
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Ziel20: 1:05pm On Sep 15, 2019
ihatebuhari:
Thanks be to Jesus Christ my everlasting God.

If truly you are a follower of Jesus you'll change your moniker.

sad
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Achimela: 1:12pm On Sep 15, 2019
Nice piece
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by Finallydead: 2:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
If we stopped attending 99% of churches today, it would not affect us negatively. If we focus on living according to Gods righteousness, it will completely positively revolutionise our lives. Here lies the problem of Christianity today. We will all be judged not for attending church but for our righteous lives we lived on earth and only real contact with God's Spirit can bring us into the beginning of God's righteousness.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by TemmyT002(m): 4:11pm On Sep 15, 2019
Neoteny:

But you can go to a party and pay to get in
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by africa4ever: 4:45pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:
Quick question OP, do you agree with everything the bible says?
yes I do. The Bible is our guide.
Re: 4 Powerful Reasons Why You Should Attend Church Weekly by emmnprince(m): 6:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
Rotentina:

Please do. We need it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Vision Of Heaven And Hell / Nicholas Chukwuemeka Tagbo Burial Ceremony In Onitsha (Photos) / What Jesus Taught Kenneth Hagin About Authority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.