Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples (5193 Views)

Woman To Divorce Husband After 1 Week Of Marriage Over Huge Gbola / Did You Ever Stole When You Were Little? Lie Make God Mark Your Register. / Men Are Loved On The Basis Of How Well They Can Provide. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by akelicious(m): 5:15am On Sep 15, 2019
The Commissioner for Local Government and Chieftaincy Affairs, Mrs. Lola Fagbemi has urged couples to make God the basis of their marriage.

Fagbemi stressed that the inability to pray to God before and after marriage, as well as lack of sincerity between couples had led to the collapse of so many relationships, as they could not cope with life situations.

The commissioner said this, yesterday, during the marriage ceremony between daughter of Ondo State Governor, Teniola Akeredolu and Olatunde Oyeyiola Willaims in Owo, Ondo State.

She also charged the newly wedded couple to put God first, be sincere to themselves, desist from extramarital affairs, as it could do much harm to their marriage and life.

The event was attended by the creme-de-la-creme of the country, including the National leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, former National Chairman of APC, Chief Bisi Akande, Senator Abiola Ajimobi and the Olowo of Owo, Oba Gbadegesin Ogunoye.

Other dignitaries at the occasion were South West Governors, Babajide
Sanwo-Olu of Lagos State, Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, some governors of Eastern and Northern states, National Assembly Members, APC stalwarts, among others.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/make-god-basis-of-marriage-commissioner-urges-couples/

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by osacoin(m): 6:05am On Sep 15, 2019
God fearing commissioner
FTC

2 Likes

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by kittykollinxx(m): 6:52am On Sep 15, 2019
It's your character that would see you through the marriage not God

4 Likes

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by PCRepairer: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2019
hmmmm

Check my signature, if you know, you know
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by OtemAtum: 6:52am On Sep 15, 2019
Okay
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by ednut1(m): 6:55am On Sep 15, 2019
This is why black man is not developing. Lack of sense
Did this guys below make devil the basis if their marriages

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Crazeworld(m): 6:58am On Sep 15, 2019
Well said from the religious angle. What then should Atheists do?

I'm available for your online documents and Print-out Slips. Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by nairaland0753: 7:00am On Sep 15, 2019
kittykollinxx:

My dear, God over everything. If u involve God, ur character will be good

3 Likes

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by TalkTalkTwins(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2019
OKay we have heard... grin

Check my signature please
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by sheungeek(m): 7:02am On Sep 15, 2019
God is in control
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Nobody: 7:14am On Sep 15, 2019
God is the foundation of every marriage.
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 7:14am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

Chris oyakhilome based his marriage on devil right?

1 Like

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by AreaFada2: 7:18am On Sep 15, 2019
kittykollinxx:
You see we Africans abdicate our duties recklessly.

No wonder that collectively we are getting nowhere.
God already gives us everything : free will, sense, life, grace, health and more. Yet we cannot see that the onus is now on us to work with all that.

Na wa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Bonapart(m): 7:19am On Sep 15, 2019
Best advice.

Lord, I can't seems to love my wife:wrong
Lord, I am trying to love my wife :wrong
Lord, I think I can love my wife : wrong
Lord, I love my wife:wrong

Lord, please love my wife through me! Correct

Marriage is made up of Man woman and Christ
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by kittykollinxx(m): 7:21am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

Are you married?
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Duggedised12(f): 7:25am On Sep 15, 2019
I think a thought process like this makes people shift their responsibility. When things go wrong, they have something or someone to blame. Its either the devil,or because God is angry with them but never because of what they did or didnt do.

Even pastors have had divorce so we are tempted to ask "what went wrong". The truth is God is not coming down to wave a magic wand and fix your marital issues, humans do, which is why a marriage that will crash will crash even if the pope blesses it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by chiommy123(f): 7:30am On Sep 15, 2019
We fail to take simple advice and we keep making mistake and blaming others

1 Like

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Nobody: 7:40am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

All the pastors their marriage crashed I guess they invited devil in their marriage.

1 Like

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by aku626(m): 7:43am On Sep 15, 2019
Godly character
kittykollinxx:
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 15, 2019
kittykollinxx:
Not necessary character marriage is very deep. People with good character still loose their marriages
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by wirinet(m): 8:07am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

And thats why Nigeria with the highest number of churches and mosques in the world have been showing our good character at home and all over the world.
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by renewable1(m): 8:18am On Sep 15, 2019
Cool

Do you need a 1kva solar system? See our promo

CHECK MY SIGNATURE NOW
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Austino6091: 9:11am On Sep 15, 2019
See below
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by freethesheeple(m): 9:42am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

so pastor chris never involved God??
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Judybash93(m): 10:41am On Sep 15, 2019
ednut1:
This is why black man is not developing. Lack of sense
Did this guys below make devil the basis if their marriages

Tell them again oOo. We've taken God to be a deity that'll even help us pull shit out of our asses. Everything is God God God....we no dey tire
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by Judybash93(m): 10:42am On Sep 15, 2019
nairaland0753:

1 Like

Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by NaesSoles: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
God is in control
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by mechanics(m): 5:46pm On Sep 15, 2019
She's said the truth, that's why marriages this days don't last because they failed to put God first.
Re: Make God Basis Of Marriage, Commissioner Urges Couples by gerizzim: 6:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wen we say put God first. Wat does DT sentence mean?
because we use such cliche as an alibi to be lazy nd not want to delibrately get involved in taking constructive action in committing to DT marriage so DT it works.

Der is a place for God ND der are also responsibilities we need to shoulder to make it wrk.

A good venture marriage inclusive wrks on principles ND not on cliches.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTO: Couple Falls To Their Death While Having Sex By The Window / Happy 1st Birthday, My Precious Daughter Michelle Ife Morire Independence / ♥ Heart Touching Story Of The MONTH (must Read) ♥

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.