Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,730 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) (39507 Views)

Airport Official Arrested Over Attempt To Smuggle Suspected Drug Onboard Ibom Ai / EFCC Nabs 28 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Enugu / Abba Kyari: Police Reveal Identity Of Suspected Drug Barons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by drinoayo: 12:18pm On Sep 15, 2019
Policemen attached to the Lagos State Taskforce on Environmental Sanitation and Special Offences have arrested 28 suspected miscreants and 15 illegal street traders at various locations around Afrika Shrine, Alausa, Ikeja.

Chairman of the taskforce, Olayinka Egbeyemi, disclosed this in a statement by the agency’s head of public affairs, Adebayo Taofiq, on Sunday.

Mr Egbeyemi said the raid was due to the nefarious acts within the vicinity of the Afrika Shrine which presented negative image to tourists and residents of Lagos.

“Operatives of the Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences Unit, over the weekend, raided all streets within Central Business District including surroundings of the ‘African Shrine’, Alausa, Ikeja.

“The enforcement operations became imperative following complaints from members of the public about the criminal activities of miscreants and environmental nuisance of illegal street traders around the Shrine,” he said.

According to the chairman, the night operation was carried out around spots where drugs like Tramadol, Codeine, Skunk, marijuana, Illegal liquor and assorted food are sold, Igbere TV reports.

“These consumable and non-consumable items are freely sold on the streets in defiance of security agencies and government authority,” he said.

Egbeyemi maintained that the enforcement operations would be a continuous exercise in line with the vision of the present administration to rid the state of street urchins and criminals.

“The Lagos State Government has vowed to sustain the security onslaught on all areas identified as criminal hideouts and hard drug outlets across the state, especially within the metropolis,” he said.

One of those arrested, Tunde Babalola, who was allegedly caught with a bag of substance suspected to be Indian hemp, was said to have confessed he had been selling hard drugs for eight years.

Mr Babalola reportedly said he makes an average profit between N60,000 and N100,000 weekly from customers around Obalende, Akala, Mushin, Bariga and Ikeja.

Another trader, Abike Adeyemi, said that she pays N1,900 every week to a representative of Ikeja Local Government from the sale of addictive substances around the shrine.

Egbeyemi said that the Lagos State Commissioner of Police, CP Zubairu Muazu, has directed that all those arrested be immediately prosecuted.

https://www.qed.ng/police-swoop-on-afrika-shrine-arrest-suspected-drug-sellers/

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by NwaAmaikpe: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
shocked

Everything wrong goes on in the Afrikan Shrine but we've been misguided to see the place as a heritage site.
Governor Sanwo-Olu should just bulldoze it.

76 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by BlessedNuel: 12:20pm On Sep 15, 2019
MOgbe
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
Mere hustlers...

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by FulaniBandits: 12:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
na wah o
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Kneephy(m): 12:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
Is it possible make people no Bazz for shrine??

Shrine, the only legal spot to smoke igbo inside Lagos.

Fela did that for us!

Don't trample on Abami eda's legacy

@Op, stop misleading people, the raid was made AROUND the shrine, not INSIDE the shrine....

99 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 12:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Everything wrong goes on in the Afrikan Shrine but we've been misguided to see the place as a heritage site.
Governor Sanwo-Olu should just bulldoze it.

Fake news Nwafor, there wasn't any raid by Task force.

28 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by GOFRONT(m): 12:38pm On Sep 15, 2019
I don't know why I have this kinda Shrine in my country and I'd still be loosing money to Bet9ja...

Anyways, Let me just say a Happy Sunday to seniorman NwaAmaikpe!!!

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
These ones done tire for life

1 Like

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Busch: 12:51pm On Sep 15, 2019
ok
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by tillaman(m): 1:16pm On Sep 15, 2019
Those drug sellers are like hydra you chop off a head 3 sprouts out!!
Look at these elderly folks all in the name of making a living!!
Those older women must be the ones selling skushis

5 Likes

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Hedonisco: 1:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
Wuzyurdaddy:

Fake news Nwafor, there wasn't any raid by Task force.

They didn't raid inside the Shrine. They raided around it.

Nothing dey pa. Life goes on normal normal within the main Shrine. Oga Femi siddon for ground kampe.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by ugolinze123(m): 2:26pm On Sep 15, 2019
I been think say insurance cover that place..how come.
but on a serious note my brother.. go there at night and you will pity the Nigerian youths even girls gosh.... junkies everywhere. na wa oo

7 Likes

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by ppreye(m): 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Naija police grin!

Check my signature for amazing solar plans for your homes.
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by lovingyouhun: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Na wah oooooo, wahala everywhere

1 Like

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by ginaeve: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
All the criminals are even women. Babalawo be using gulible women to commit crime just as pastors use gullible women to satisfy their lust.

5 Likes

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 15, 2019
Please let's bundle them, put them all inside Air peace flight and send them all to South Africa so they xenophobia them. abi I talk am well?

DISTRESS SALES DEAL on a Lexus down my signature.
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by VillageHead: 2:28pm On Sep 15, 2019
It's a pity
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 2:29pm On Sep 15, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Risingblue008(m): 2:30pm On Sep 15, 2019
Did they knw whr dey stepped into?as d word implies FELA SHRINE,I wash my hands out of dis case my lord
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by munchi(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
Afonja and cheap drug trade undecided
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by maekkyrain(m): 2:31pm On Sep 15, 2019
GOFRONT:
I don't know why I have this kinda Shrine in my country and I'd still be loosing money to Bet9ja...

Anyways, Let me just say a Happy Sunday to seniorman NwaAmaikpe!!!

I dey tell u my guy....au I go dey loose to bet9ja

1 Like

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Akindele8: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
Thank God they have been arrested
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by helinues: 2:32pm On Sep 15, 2019
They can only raid outside shrine which they have been doing for quite some time now.

May be the people selling inside the shrine might even set those street sellers up self

1 Like

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 15, 2019
We don see you,,,police are working

We know those people must have returned to their base
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by b0rn2fuck(m): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
.good,
Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by goodnessme1(f): 2:34pm On Sep 15, 2019
One of those arrested, Tunde
Babalola, who was allegedly
caught with a bag of
substance suspected to be
Indian hemp, was said to
have confessed he had been selling hard drugs for eight
years.

I thought only igbos sells drugs and destroy nigeria image.

I can bet all those arrested 28 person are all yorubas and few hausafulanis,if there was to be one Igbo among them,the caption would have be difference,
eg:IGBO DRUG LORD ARRESTED ALONG 27 OTHERS.

3 Likes

Re: Police Swoop On Afrika Shrine, Arrest 28 Suspected Drug Sellers (photo) by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 15, 2019
Sounds very fake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Robbers Stab Unizik Student After He Refused To Let Them In. / Nigeria Man Beats Two British Policemen At Heathrow Airport / Man Assaults Hooker He Slept With Without Paying Her In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.