Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,460 members, 7,958,387 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 01:39 PM

Malaysia's Queen Deletes Her Twitter Account After Police Arrested Her Critics - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malaysia's Queen Deletes Her Twitter Account After Police Arrested Her Critics (430 Views)

Twitter Deletes Uju Anya's Tweet Wishing Queen Elizabeth II Excruciating’ Death‘ / Hillary Clinton Changes Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Interview / Hillary Clinton To Change Her Twitter Bio After Chimamanda Adichie's Criticism (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaysia's Queen Deletes Her Twitter Account After Police Arrested Her Critics by Zouzer: 12:59pm On Sep 15, 2019
The Queen of Malaysia, Tunku Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah, has deleted her official Twitter account to express her disapproval over the action taken by the Malaysian Police to arrest her critics.

Queen Tunku Iskandariah, who had previously deactivated her account when several individuals were arrested for making critical comments against her, said that she is upset on the police crackdown on her critics and want it to stop.

In a tweet on her now-deleted Twitter account, she stated that she was upset. According to SAYS news, she deleted her account for the second time after her tweets had already gone viral and had been picked up already by several local news medias.

Currently, the Twitter handle which the Queen uses "@cheminahsayang" no longer exists, a check on Twitter shows.

However, the last tweet before she took down her account stated that she deleted her Twitter her Twitter account due to personal reasons. Read her tweets below:

"Afzhan alerted me. Mama, cops arrested two people.''

"I was sad and angry and immediately activated my Twitter. I had no intention for them to be arrested. I have personally told the palace to inform the police no to take action."

"I repeat it again(sic), not because of them."

"Chill people... Like my daughter always tell me, chill mama, whenever I'm upset."

Malaysians themselves had previously urged the police to take serious actions against citizens who allegedly cyber bullied the Queen.

https://premiumjournal..com/2019/09/malaysias-queen-deletes-her-twitter-account-after-police-arrested-her-critics.html

Re: Malaysia's Queen Deletes Her Twitter Account After Police Arrested Her Critics by donstan18: 1:01pm On Sep 15, 2019
We don't give a fvck.

1 Like

Re: Malaysia's Queen Deletes Her Twitter Account After Police Arrested Her Critics by Kingpee2(m): 1:10pm On Sep 15, 2019
Who even cares ,what does the handle got to do with what’s Nigeria is facing ?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

DR Congo Ex Premier Calls For War On Rwanda / US Citizens Ordered To Leave Iraq After Airstrike Kills Iranian General / Have You Ever Seen Such A Sea Of Humanity In Your Life? Iran Minister Asks Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.