Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News (6629 Views)

Iranians Storm Nigerian Embassy In Tehran To Protest Army Attack On Shiites / Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / Robbery Near National Stadium, Lagos; Over 30 Cars Vandalized (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by na2day(m): 9:45am On Oct 31, 2010
Of Course, do we expect them to confess that they did it?
What exactly are we expecting?
something like [size=14pt]"The government and the state of the Islamic republic of Iran deeply regret this incidence, the ship was destined for Gaza but there was a navigational error, while the captain of the ship was trying to evade the Somalian pirates, he mistook Apapa Port for Rafah crossing in Egypt which is the only available port for Gaza. We deeply regret this unfortunate incidence and i want to reiterate the commitment of our dear president, President Ahmadinajad to the peace and happiness of Nigerians. Thank You"[/size]
grin  grin  grin
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by AceJam: 10:10am On Oct 31, 2010
"The government and the state of the Islamic republic of Iran deeply regret this incidence, the ship was destined for Gaza but there was a navigational error, while the captain of the ship was trying to evade the Somalian pirates, he mistook Apapa Port for Rafah crossing in Egypt which is the only available port for Gaza. We deeply regret this unfortunate incidence and i want to reiterate the commitment of our dear president, President Ahmadinajad to the peace and happiness of Nigerians. Thank You" grin grin grin

grin grin grin
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by awumenn: 12:12pm On Oct 31, 2010
i'm suspecting the federal govt. they are LIARS.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by Sweetnecta: 1:40pm On Oct 31, 2010
@Naijaking1: « #6 on: Yesterday at 12:20:31 AM »
[Quote]I say, extradite them to Israel, and that Alhaji Mogaji too.
Israel will be just happy to give them an August reception Cheesy[/Quote]Oh slave of the Jews, is Nigerian governance not good enough to decide the outcome of the crime committed on her soil, allegedly by both her citizen, 85 years old Alhaji Mogaji and foreign citizens, the 6 Iranians?

You must be a man who needs to get out of Nigeria and live in Israel. Trust me, Nigeria wil carry on without you. She may actually have her fortune reversed to GOOD. Please dont reply to me, because it is my hope that you go to the Jews and we Nigerians, especially lovers of Nigeria dont needyou to tellus to send our elderly man, muslims to the Jews.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by SQout: 2:15pm On Oct 31, 2010
Nigerians dont dull ooo, d stuffs were headin for NIGA and no oda place.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by Pafuri(m): 5:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
If they were meant for the Palestinians, well then, hand them over to the owners. Shikenah!.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by drjayzee(m): 5:55pm On Oct 31, 2010
Fools ! Biafrans re-arming themsalves, stop blaiming anybody, infact d worse part of it d news will be forgoteen soon, either biafrans getting ready for war or naija deltans wants to make surprise to d gov, Iran will never use naija, d have 1001 better ways of getting arms to Hamas, d can't waste time n risk this ones if d r d ones, gov hv every means of diverting news, believe me n if u can't tell me where are d one caught/intercepted at Kano Airport? D u heard d news anymore, nothing. Rubbish leaders with morons everywhere.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by Msgrt: 6:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ummh!
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by Msgrt: 6:17pm On Oct 31, 2010
Ummh!
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by MaiSuya(m): 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2010
According to the sources,  the arms could also have been for domestic use. A breakdown of the unit cost of the arms show that a rocket launcher goes for about [b]$82,000 [/b]each while the mortars cost between $85,000 to $95,000 each

unday Vanguard learnt that there were quite a number of discrepancies in the documentation of the import. This excited the suspicion of security and customs agents at the ports. The arms and ammunitions were brought in [b]13 containers [/b]waiting to be transferred to a bonded terminal facility for examination purpose before they were to be cleared. The deadly cargoes were neatly packed in 4″ by 4″ size of wooden crates.
Each crate contained between [b]40 to50 rocket launchers. There were 24 of such crates in one conta[/b]iner. This seizure  is said to be the  largest cache of illegal importation of arms and ammunition intercepted by government security agencies.

13 X 40 X24 X 82,000 = $ ?

For the ppl behind this stuff, money was certianly not a problem
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by juman(m): 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2010
Earlier this week, IDF Chief of General Staff, Lt.-Gen. Gabi Ashkenazi, said that the navy’s elite commando unit Flotilla 13 – known as the Shayetet – had recently conducted an operation “far away from Israel.”
He said that if Iran were using Nigeria as a port, it would also entail a major logistical operation to facilitate the transfer of the weapons by land from Nigeria, Chad, and Sudan and then via Egypt.
In January 2009, Israel reportedly bombed a convoy of trucks that was carrying advanced weaponry destined for Gaza, as it was travelling through the Sudanese desert.

Hence it make no sense for Iran to bring weapons meant for Gaza first to far away Nigeria. Taking it from Nigeria to Gaza will require a lot of logistics.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by drjayzee(m): 10:16pm On Oct 31, 2010
I have said it earlier only morons who cannot think fast can believe this theory, our gov who dnt knw d value of setting up Ministry of homeland security confusing it wit interior ministry, n unfortunate r not gud enof in covering tracks, what kind of concipiracy is this, c what Americans r doing state sponsored terrorism, d will set u up n try to prove u r d culprit, 911 is fake, no plane at pentagon at all but c dem wit film tricks in trying to prove their points, but dis gov is not even smart at all, d can't presents proves n will keep saying diff things at same time, we all knw FBI, mossob etc were using sophistcated software, but what nsa is using nothing believe me d only depend on foreign intel source dat a times serve bearer's interest, bullshit. D gov shal better think twice n improve its intel at least 4 ppl to c n believe.
Re: Six (6) Iranians Arrested In Gbagada Lagos, Over Seized Ammunition - Latest News by SADIKUABI: 1:31am On Nov 01, 2010
Lets wait and see Nigirian Govt o,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AIT Takes Down Site to conceal JonaTAN's Embarrassing Defeat!!! / Nnamdi Kanu Writes Open Letter To EU - Naij.com / JUST IN: Angry Residents Stone Tinubu And His Team During Jos Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.