Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,622 members, 7,770,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:41 PM

Overcoming Stress 4 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Overcoming Stress 4 (134 Views)

Overcoming Stress 6 / Overcoming Stress 3 / Overcoming Stress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Overcoming Stress 4 by VLadipo: 9:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
‘I must proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.’ Luke 4:43 NIV

Focus on one thing at a time. Are you being pulled in different directions? People constantly tried to do this to Jesus and distract Him from His goal in life. The Bible says, ‘At daybreak, Jesus went out to a solitary place. The people were looking for Him and when they came to where He was, they tried to keep Him from leaving them.’ (Luke 4:42 NIV) Jesus was about to leave and they tried to make Him stay.

Here’s how He responded: ‘I must proclaim the Good News of the Kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent.’ He refused to be distracted by less important matters. Indeed, He was a master at this. Everybody tried to interrupt Him. Everyone had a Plan B for His life. But in essence He responded, ‘No, I must keep moving towards My goal.’ And He kept right on doing what He knew God had told Him to do. He was determined. He was persistent. He was focused.

So when you have a dozen different things to do, pick the most important one and stick with it until it’s complete. Then pick the second most important and do the same thing, until you’ve completed the list. When we diffuse our efforts we’re ineffective; when we concentrate our efforts we’re more successful. Diffused light produces a hazy glow, whereas light that’s concentrated produces fire. Jesus didn’t let interruptions prevent Him from concentrating on His goal. He didn’t let others make Him tense or stressed or irritated. And He is your example!

SoulFood: Gen 24:1–51, 2 Cor 6:14–7:1

You have just read "The Word for Today" daily devotional for September 15, 2019. For more, please visit www.dailydevotionalsonline.com

(1) (Reply)

Turn And Run / Raising Adolescents / Does God Still Speak To People?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.