Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Why Students Stay At Home For 3 Years Without Gaining Admission - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Students Stay At Home For 3 Years Without Gaining Admission (308 Views)

Meet Nigerian Lady Who Is Still In 100 Level 4yrs After Gaining Admission / Help Students Stay Alive. / Here Are 11 Good Reasons Why Students Fail Jamb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Students Stay At Home For 3 Years Without Gaining Admission by sanyamike(m): 11:48pm On Sep 15, 2019
Ever wondered why you keep failing jamb or post jamb and keep staying at home without gaining admission.

ITS YOUR FAULT!

Yes i said that, Oh you think your uncles and aunts from the village are the ones behind it right?

You might be right or wrong but count yourself lucky for coming across this post because my prescription is beyond your village people. Lol!

Why have I been at home for three years without gaining admission?

You probably didn’t prepare well enough for your jamb and you ended up failing
After you passed Jamb but ended up failing post jamb due to negligence
Perhaps you passed your post jamb but you didn’t meet up with the cutoff mark for your course and you were given another course or none at all.
You think Jamb Utme is the only way you can gain admission
There is no need to worry if your reason has been stated above or not.

Have you heard about Advanced level Programs? Have you heard about Direct entry?. Alright I will tell you.

Advanced level programs are programs that enable you to gain admission into the University through Direct entry.

Direct entry is the process of seeking for admission into the 2nd year in a University with an Advanced level certificate,NCE, OND, HND or BSC.

How can all these story prevent me from staying at home one more year?

Don’t rush, I was coming there.

Have you heard about JUPEB Or IJMB?

Well These are two A’level programs that I can prescribe for you.

Now let me give you more insights about these programs.

What is JUPEB?

Jupeb stands for Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board. The Jupeb Programme originated as a result of different Universities coming together to create an alternative means of tertiary admission for secondary school leavers without JAMB.

The Joint Universities Preliminary Examinations Board (JUPEB) was approved by the Federal Government of Nigeria in December 2013. It was formally established in April 2014 by a consortium often (10) partnering universities led by the University of Lagos.

How Jupeb Works
Prospective JUPEB candidates are required to select any THREE (3) A/L JUPEB Subject Combination plus General studies (English Language) identified with their preferred course of study in the university be it Science, Art or Social Science Course.

Read more about JUPEB here

IJMB and JUPEB which is better?

What is IJMB?
IJMB, which stands for Interim Joint Matriculation Board, is a 9-month educational programme approved by the federal government. It was established by the Interim Common Services Agency (ICSA) in the year 1976. It is moderated by Ahmadu Bello university, Abu Zaria with co-ordinating bodies in various tertiary institutions and affiliated study centres nationwide. IJMB is a well-known programme all over the federation especially because of it long time existence. Majority of Nigerians did the programme during their undergraduate days in the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s even till date.
HOW IJMB WORKS
Interested IJMB candidates are expected to select any three (3) subjects that are related to their choice of study in the university. Candidates would then be lectured on the three subjects for a period of 9months. After the 9months candidates would then sit for an exam and would be awarded points.
The points given are: A=5 points, B=4 points, C=3 points, D=2 points, E=1 point, F=0 point

Read more about IJMB here

For more information and prescriptions on how you can shame your village people by gaining admission this year call 08148501101 or 08059489522

You can also use the comment section.

Thanks for paying attention toy prescription.

You will thank me later though.

(1) (Reply)

I'm Now A Graduate / Fully Funded SIIT Scholarship 2020 Thailand / Unn Denies Hacking Of Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.