Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,740 members, 7,824,132 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace (1441 Views)

Court Orders Forfeiture Of 36 Cars Stolen From Canada / Four Men Charged Over Theft Of £4.8m Gold Toilet From Blenheim Palace (Photo) / Burglars Steal Solid Gold Toilet Worth £1milion In A Raid On Blenheim Palace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by vivaciousvivi(f): 12:01pm On Sep 16, 2019
Police are trying to recover a toilet made entirely from 18-carat-gold said to be worth around $6 million that was stolen Saturday morning from Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, England, the stately home where former prime minister Winston Churchill was born.
The fully functioning toilet was installed as part of an exhibition by Italian artist Maurizio Cattelan titled "Victory is Not an Option," which only opened to the public on Thursday. The palace remained shut for the rest of the day Saturday, a spokesperson said on Twitter.
Solid gold toilet to land in English stately home

Dominic Hare, CEO of Blenheim Palace, said that the artwork, titled "America," is valued at around $6 million.
Thames Valley Police received a report of the toilet's theft at 4:57 a.m. Saturday morning. The thieves left the scene at about 4:50 a.m., according to a statement posted online. A 66-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the theft.
Detective Inspector Jess Milne said in the statement: "Due to the toilet being plumbed in to the building, this has caused significant damage and flooding," adding, "We believe a group offenders used at least two vehicles during the offense."

The art was by Maurizio Cattelan and he has stated after learning of the theft "When this morning I was informed about the robbery I thought it was a prank and it took me a while, after a few checks, to come to the conclusion that it was true and it wasn't a surreal movie where instead of the jewels of the crown, the thieves went away with a b***** toilet," he said in a statement. "I always liked heist movies and finally I'm in one of them." In a direct plea to the thieves, he added: "Dear thieves, please, if you are reading this, let me know how much you like the piece and how it feels to pee on gold."

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/style/article/uk-blenheim-palace-gold-toilet-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by donbachi(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2019
Holy shiit

2 Likes

Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by titi4fola(f): 9:41pm On Sep 20, 2019
Wow!! shocked shocked.. it's worth stolen smiley smiley
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by BlackfireX: 4:53am On Sep 21, 2019
Let me check my toilet
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by SnOOpERr: 8:21pm On Nov 04, 2020
titi4fola:
Wow!! shocked shocked.. it's worth stolen smiley smiley

Yea Holy Shit
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by Mayng01(m): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2020
This shows naija miscreants dey learn thiefing
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by Orter(m): 10:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
I would rather die trying to steal this kind of toilet
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by dollarstays: 5:34am On Nov 05, 2020
warehouse breakers come and see your mates making cool million dollars una own na to chop food be una problem
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by Exmilitant(m): 5:42am On Nov 05, 2020
Good move! 6million dollar shouldn't be lying fallow.
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by franksam2009: 5:49am On Nov 05, 2020
Nothing Musa no go see for gate o shocked
Re: Gold Toilet Stolen From Palace by TATALoAlaMu: 8:13am On Nov 05, 2020
SnOOpERr:

Yea Holy Golden Shit

(1) (Reply)

*A MUST WATCH* REINHARD BONNKE'S FINAL WARNING AND MESSAGE TO THE WORLD (VIDEO) / See What Happened To Blind Man Who Dropped Cash Mistakenly / Man Uses Scissors To Tear UP 4-year-old Girl Before Raping Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.